Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

All the extra multi-color tampo printing does actually add to the production cost you know.

Acadia doesn't have magic tampo printing faeries that magically print all that multi colour printing on free of charge. :D

Also, yes I guess this will likely be a limited quantity collectors item.

Graham

No Faeries? Graham, you´ve just ruined my life... :(

Now don´t dare tell me that Santa doesn´t exist because I won´t come back again to the forums ever... ;)

:D

Now more seriously, I agree 100% with you. I have to admit that, living here in Argentina, seeing people complain about "price" is almost comical, but it´s not their fault... It´s just us that live in a quite nasty political time....

So, please, I hope nobody gets offended whenever I say that any price is quite reasonable...

Another thing to consider, Acadia probably had to pay Tenjin a fairly substantial fee for the design. As much as Tenjin loves Macross, he's still a commercial artist, not a charity.

The negotiation and cost of licencing rights with Big West may also factor into the cost.

There's many unknowns to consider before people start complaining about the cost.

I personally like the design and I'm going to buy 2, one to display in fighter and one in bathroom, to support Arcadia and support the 30th anniversary of Macross.

Graham

Beggars can't be choosers. I suggest you buy the magazine yourself if this is so "stupid".

You get me wrong..

I'm happy we have a final confirmation, and a picture of an Arcadia VF-1!

But i'd rather wait for a bigger, more high res pic, than looking at a 240px × 400px picture, where you can barley see any detail.

In my opinon it makes no sense to post these lo-res pictures.

I'm just asking why they always have to be that small.

And it seems to be common practise .

It's like the people, who post pictures of upcoming toys, do this on purpose. ( the original posters)

Or do people who read these magazines just have super lofi cameras?

And i would buy the magazine, if i was able to read japanese.

Enough off-topic.

I have to see better pictures to decide if i like it or not.

Unless Arcadia is doing what Hasegawa is doing by providing decals, I think this could be the V2 that bears the most tempo printings and paints after the AB. The extra tempo, paints and labors justify the price.

Another thing to consider, Acadia probably had to pay Tenjin a fairly substantial fee for the design. As much as Tenjin loves Macross, he's still a commercial artist, not a charity.

The negotiation and cost of licencing rights with Big West may also factor into the cost.

There's many unknowns to consider before people start complaining about the cost.

I personally like the design and I'm going to buy 2, one to display in fighter and one in bathroom, to support Arcadia and support the 30th anniversary of Macross.

Graham

And one in bathroom? LMAO!!!

I'll get one, I like the way it looks in Battroid.

And one in bathroom? LMAO!!!

I'll get one, I like the way it looks in Battroid.

haha hey nothing wrong with that. I generally have a rotation of toys in the bathroom. Currently have the figma guts in there and just took the Enterprise B out.

But it prob auto corrected battroid.

Yeah, seems like Arcadia is just cashing in. Bad sign for people looking for any real innovation like what Yamato gave us.

Seems like bad business too... release a rather fruity color scheme of a toy people have multiple copies of at a super high price.

Could be a disaster if people don't buy them and Arcadia gets cold feet for future releases.

All the extra multi-color tampo printing does actually add to the production cost you know.

Acadia doesn't have magic tampo printing faeries that magically print all that multi colour printing on free of charge. :D

Also, yes I guess this will likely be a limited quantity collectors item.

I suspect one of the reasons towards the end that Yamato reduced the amount of tampo printing on its Macros toys was to reduce costs.

Graham

Well, yeah. I know the extra tampo would add to the cost, but it's practically double the MSRP of what the VF-1's used to go for. If it's going to be produced more as an exclusive very limited quantity item, then I can understand the price better.

I'm just worried that the scheme is polarizing in that people will love it or hate it and combined with the price, that it might not sell well and in turn assume that there's no market for the Macross stuff anymore. I want Arcadia to make more Macross stuff and I don't want them to get the wrong impression if this doesn't do well.

Seems like bad business too... release a rather fruity color scheme of a toy people have multiple copies of at a super high price.

Could be a disaster if people don't buy them and Arcadia gets cold feet for future releases.

Exactly my thoughts. Edited by MacrossJunkie

Nope nope nope. Too ugly, too expensive, too unpredictable whether they will do a good job on the build. This thing isn't going to be worth $50, let alone $200.

There. Now that is said, where do I pre-order? Hopefully my negative comments will drive down the demand/price. :D

Truthfully, I might order 2. I like the busy design and can always use one more valk. If it helps Arcadia feel there is a future in the Valkyrie business, I'm willing to over-spend a bit as long as they produce a quality product and learn from past mistakes (weak hinges, poor paint quality, etc.).

Edited by Paladin

Nope nope nope. Too ugly, too expensive, too unpredictable whether they will do a good job on the build. This thing isn't going to be worth $50, let alone $200.

There. Now that is said, where do I pre-order? Hopefully my negative comments will drive down the demand/price. :D

Truthfully, I might order 2. I like the busy design and can always use one more valk. If it helps Arcadia feel there is a future in the Valkyrie business, I'm willing to over-spend a bit as long as they produce a quality product and learn from past mistakes (weak hinges, poor paint quality, etc.).

Too unpredictable whether they will do a good job on the build? The VF-1's are pretty rock-solid at this point now.

Guest davidwhangchoi

In order to get people to stop waiting for discounts/clearances sales, I think Yamato needs to play the Bandai 20 second window panic preorder scheme for the first round of releases and then re-release them after after everyone is in a frenzy to get one :)

And proven by the panic buys, this will get people to stop worrying about prices and more worried they'll miss a pre-order.

while everyone curses Bandai, they'll line up for one during a re-release.

In order to get people to stop waiting for discounts/clearances sales, I think Yamato needs to play the Bandai 20 second window panic preorder scheme for the first round of releases and then re-release them after after everyone is in a frenzy to get one :)

And proven by the panic buys, this will get people to stop worrying about prices and more worried they'll miss a pre-order.

while everyone curses Bandai, they'll line up for one during a re-release.

It could. But nobody knows if Arcadia will go back and release rare stuff or sought after Yamato releases. They could just release silly paint jobs for years of the same mold.

Arcadia could have done the smart thing and released versions of "rare" valks. More VF-4's, VF-11's and the like. People would easy pay higher than MSRP for those, and they'd sell out instantly.

Edited by Gakken85

Figure Oh 184

adiRp1Cz.jpg

Cybergundam

ARCADIA 2013年8月發售: 完全變形 1/60 VF-1J Valkyrie Macross30週年塗裝版 16,590Yen

ARCADIA 2013年6月2接受訂購,2013年7月派貨: 首批限定10套 Macross 7 熱氣巴沙拿 結他Fire Bomber Model 350,000Yen連稅

Edited by Dark_Ghost

Usually I don't like busy colour schemes but I like this one from the beginning, and it is true that the batroid looks better than I expected.

I doubt that many are expecting engineering renovations on Arcadia's release of the 1/60 VF-1 since 1. the Yamato design is already very good.

don't know why but I got a hunch that this price will be what Arcadia sell their 1/60 VF-1 with a colour scheme unreleaed in the future, and re-releases will likely be pricier than Yamato releases. King of reasonable as Yen rate had gone down a lot.

Figure Oh 184

Cybergundam

ARCADIA 2013年8月發售: 完全變形 1/60 VF-1J Valkyrie Macross30週年塗裝版 16,590Yen

ARCADIA 2013年6月2接受訂購,2013年7月派貨: 首批限定10套 Macross 7 熱氣巴沙拿 結他Fire Bomber Model 367,500Yen連稅

Great! At last, some details on the Basara Guitar!

OK, apart from the astronomical price, 350,000 yen (well, we knew it would be a lot, but...), they are making a grand total of 10. TEN!! Granted, it says that this is just the "first run", so I'm sure there will be demand for more.... But, anyway... wow!

It could. But nobody knows if Arcadia will go back and release rare stuff or sought after Yamato releases. They could just release silly paint jobs for years of the same mold.

Arcadia could have done the smart thing and released versions of "rare" valks. More VF-4's, VF-11's and the like. People would easy pay higher than MSRP for those, and they'd sell out instantly.

Also,

Maturity:

You should know what you're getting into.

Arcadia, helping to further stratify the classes. (i just got pushed lower down. My days of Macross collecting have been declining heavily over the last couple of years but I think I have finally become too poor for this hobby).

Read the entire post... he was joking about that so "nobody buys it" so he can get it as MSRP :D

;)

(so would I... )

Hmm, I read it but somehow I totally missed the joke. Whoops.

The red top to that 1J looks really good. the red on it in general does. I like how the 30th anniversary swoop ends up looking like a Tux in Battroid. In that bigger pic the chest is a tad too busy, but still it's best mode.

Edited by Mommar

Also,

Maturity:

LOL.....proving once again that social networking is the devil! : )

Wow...harsh....is that the MW social network site?

Edited by jvmacross

Well, I'm sadly not very interested in this particular scheme, but I do hope they sell well.

The new price point could be for any number of reasons really, so that doesn't concern me too much. It's basically on the same level as the Bandai valks, and the tons of tampo can't be helping it. It must be a quality control nightmare to make sure the paint is all done well.

Plus, I can think of any number of reasons they may have had to bump the prices. They may have lost their original factory, or costs of labor there have gone up. Maybe they just realized they needed to price them higher to break even after the company turnover. Could be it's partly to help pay off the cost of transferring/retaining the licenses from Big West. Heck, I wonder if Arcadia even had to match or outbid Bandai to keep the licenses. All that cost would have to trickle down.

If I ever do see one on sale at HLJ, I might pick one up, but I actually hope that doesn't happen in a way. Paying $165 might make me think twice about any desired re-releases, but like someone said, we're all forking over that much and more for the Bandai ones. I just hope the demand is there to keep Arcadia going.

Edited by Chronocidal

Good news indeed.

Not the best looking design, I will get it, to support Arcadia and also because I guess will become a collectors.

I understand the upped price, a lot of tampo, and if you notice despite the micro images, it's not just tampo, a lot of parts are molded in different colors, the backplate, the dorsal forearm, shoulders, head lasers are black and ventral forearms are red/pinkish. So different molds in different colors and rainbow tampo add to production costs.

Japan Macross market doesn't care about US market, so the price is not jacked up to take advantage of the US dollar weakness right now. It's just production/marketing/license cost.

Remember also, this new Arcadia VF-1 is meant to come with "additional gimmicks" justifying the up in price.

Besides, I'd rather pay Arcadia high prices than to Bandai and HK scalpers.

For future releases, if Arcadia wants to cut down on tampo printing costs, they could shell out every valk with minimal tampo and waterslide decals and a small instruction on how to use decal setter or white vinegar for placement. ^_^

I don't think anyone would complain about that.

Edited by Valkyrie addict