Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

For sure. Its interesting. I just don't want us all to get pur hopes up when everything has been so hush hush lately. It highly probable that arcadia would see the demand and slap a color scheme on a v2 1/60. Hell, they could be sitting on ware houses of unpainted ones. Who knows.

Anyway, nobody should take healthy discussion personal. its all for the love of the hobby :)

Which image refers to a 1/60?

The first image posted has no reference to a 1/60.

The second image posted is clearly for a model due to the price.

The images are both exactly the same and clearly posted on other sites as a model kit.

Not trying to argue, or piss you off. I'm just asking. Trying to understand myself. haha

I'm getting the articles translated. So we'll know soon enough.

For sure. Its interesting. I just don't want us all to get pur hopes up when everything has been so hush hush lately. It highly probable that arcadia would see the demand and slap a color scheme on a v2 1/60. Hell, they could be sitting on ware houses of unpainted ones. Who knows.

Anyway, nobody should take healthy discussion personal. its all for the love of the hobby :)

We might not know what's going to happen, but I don't think Arcadia is doing a brand new toy line. It's not just about the hook, but both renderings are completely DIFFERENT in proportion from tip to toe.

Wow, two pages since yesterday made me believe there were more news :lol:

So for the uninformed:

The pic from the OP which is an annoucement from ARCADIA shows a CAD image of a 1/60 VF-1 ver 2 transformable Yamato with the 30th anniversary scheme.

It is not written in the article but it strongly implies ARCADIA secured the molds from the 1/60 VF-1 ver 2 Yamato.

Waiting for the official annoucement ;)

We might not know what's going to happen, but I don't think Arcadia is doing a brand new toy line. It's not just about the hook, but both renderings are completely DIFFERENT in proportion from tip to toe.

The posted article mentioned that the paint scheme is still under planning and certain elements are subject to change. In other words, the design hasn't been finalized. So, it's confusing as to know what is what.

What the article does say is that Hasegawa and Arcadia are working together and that are each is releasing their versions. However, it's unclear as to whether that means Hasegawa is doing a kit and Arcadia is doing a 1/60v2 toy. The article was very vague in regards to what Arcadia is doing. The only thing it says is that the Arcadia version will have "high play value gimmicks". Does that mean for a kit version or for a toy version? Unknown. It could be a 1/60v2 in kit form or a 1/60v2 as a completed toy. Since the sihouette pic suggests 1/60v2 it's unlikely to be a modified Hasegawa or all new toy. Then again you never know.

Edited by Vifam7

The design Reminds me of the original 25th anniversary colors, which were never produced. But I won't be sold on this valk until I see it in battroid... I'd love to see this design on a VF-19F/P, but I really doubt we'll see anything but VF-1 anytime soon...

I look forward to hearing some details. I've heard some interesting rumors lately.

Really? I've been reading your posts and thought it was the other way round till yesterday...

Edited by Reïvaj

1) the vagueness is on purpose, Arcadia is making "Yamato-like" models with gimmicks, because Yamato is gone.

but they are going to make products like Yamato used to.

get it?

2) If Arcadia has the license for the 1/60 "Yamato-like" models with Gimmicks (PT) then they more then likely have the rest of them.

and will continue to pursue making money off the license they have paid for.

jenius is probably bound like Graham on sworn secret about Macross product. They are only wise enough to correct us when we get paranoid.

Notice that after some very gloomy post Graham has now gone very quiet, a sign of good things to come, or am I being overly positive??? :wub:

I think I confuse people because I'm vocal with what I'd like to see happen which often times has nothing to do with what's actually happening. The only thing I've heard about Arcadia was that a toy Yamato was working on probably wasn't going to happen.

The posted article mentioned that the paint scheme is still under planning and certain elements are subject to change. In other words, the design hasn't been finalized. So, it's confusing as to know what is what.

What the article does say is that Hasegawa and Arcadia are working together and that are each is releasing their versions. However, it's unclear as to whether that means Hasegawa is doing a kit and Arcadia is doing a 1/60v2 toy. The article was very vague in regards to what Arcadia is doing. The only thing it says is that the Arcadia version will have "high play value gimmicks". Does that mean for a kit version or for a toy version? Unknown. It could be a 1/60v2 in kit form or a 1/60v2 as a completed toy. Since the sihouette pic suggests 1/60v2 it's unlikely to be a modified Hasegawa or all new toy. Then again you never know.

So Hasegawa, how about handing over that Minmay Guard scheme of yours to Arcadia to play with... :D

no actually it is very clear that hasegawa is doing a kit. the second article states that hasegawa's is a 1/72 scale model kit. it is unclear what arcadia's version is gonna be (although the pictures strongly imply that it's a 1/60v2). the article concerning the arcadia version says they will have actual prototype pics in the next issue which will clarify what it is, so we will have to wait until then.

I was going for the dramatic reaction from the fans.

Looks like it worked!! See what you did to 'Gakken85' !!

You confused the heck out of him, and now he in denial!!! :lol::ph34r::mellow:

Edited by kyekye

hmmmm....a line of Hasegawa-Arcadia 1/60 PT VF exclusives would be nice......that would be a heck of a lot of easy repaints for Arcadia.....Hope this one would be next...as a combo set!!:

hsg65782_0.jpg?v=1336721886

Oh man, the black aces scheme would be the best "we're back" exclusive of all.

Happy that I was able to bring out confusion and discussion over the fate of our beloved Yamato(s).

The pics from Hyper Hobby and Dengeki Hobby are different. At first I thought it was the same until someone pointed out the hook on the back pack and other line art which matches Yamato V2s. This still doesn't mean that they have the Yamato molds and will continue them. As of right now, all we can do is speculate. We can't be too satisfied until there's 100% certainty. With all the evidence that people have brought about in the first picture, it looks very promising but still not 100%.

I'll be in the combini(s) and book stores in 2-3 weeks checking out all the hobby mags and post photos ASAP. I'm going to dinner with someone who works for Bandai/Namco later on and maybe she knows someone who works for Arcadia.

The more I think about it.. the more probable it is that Arcadia is sitting on warehouses of unpainted 1/60 v2s that you can still buy on sites for 600 yen.

Why wouldn't they slap a similar color scheme on it and sell those out? They know people will lap them up even though they are just repaints, and the production cost to just paint them would be pretty small.

The real question is, will they sit on the mold like Bandai did with the Chunky Monkey and not push any new development, or will they actually make improvements and new designs?

If they sell out of all these unpainted Valks and move on to other things we'll be right back where we were. Of course they could wear the molds out making new V2s as well and pump them out for years.

I think the only real answers will come if somebody can find out if their design team is still intact and being employed by Arcadia to actually push development the way Yamato used to do it.

Edited by Gakken85

Ahh heck I'll buy one.......Just because I haven't bought a valk in so long now it feels strange. :p

Anyone knows when is that exactly?

actually sorry, i read the article again and it says 後日あらためて試作品の写真でご覧頂きたいと思う - we'd like to show you the pics of the physical prototype at a later date.

so it doesn't specifically say that they will reveal photos in the next issue, just sometime in the future.

In general, or a specific toy?

This is what jenius said not so long ago and it wasn't about 'a toy':

I got yelled at for spreading rumors but I can tell you they had the plans to build a (redacted) but then decided that a (redacted) would sell better. Then they shuttered the business so both designs were going to migrate to Arcadia but from what I understand Arcadia has been unable to secure any licenses to transformable toys. Hopefully this means Bandai has been securing more licenses so we'll still get toys but just from a different company.

The original text did not state whether it's transforming.

The large text on the right basically describes the plane (a "30th"

logo, it's the J-version of the VF-1, Ichijou's the pilot, etc). Also
the article wrote it's still in planning stage, "more details to follow"

Another translation.

So the if it's in planning stages the art could be changed dramatically.

We don't know what's gonna be changed,but one thing that I do know right now is the rendering art is completely different from the Hasegawa. At this moment it is a Yamato 1/60 V2 rendering.