Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

Damn, I wish I could read Japanese right now. Or, rather, enough of it that it matters. Picking out two of 100 words is next to meaningless.

I'm seeing something about the 1J 30, then another list of Vf-1's with A,D,J,S and later on something with an 11 that might meant he 11 Kai. Something about an OVA too.

Edited by Mommar

I don't know about that. It looks identical to the other one's. Unless some of the internal plumbing we can't see has changed.

Regardless, it's Macross related so that's a good sign.

Edited by Mommar

It's the Hasegawa 1/72 with special markings by Tenjin. Hyper Hobby needs to do more research as they speculate in the article about if it transforms, etc.

The Dengeki clearly says Hasegawa kit in cooperation with Arcadia.

Looked in Dengeki Hobby and it says that it's just a kit... :(

The Dengeki Hobby VF-1 is the hasegawa model but the first picture you posted is a 1/60 VF-1 SO THERE IS HOPE!!!

Look at the hook from the back pack (to use it in battroid mode), the articulated ventral fins, it's clearly a 1/60 ver 2

post-557-0-49659100-1367416257_thumb.jpg

The Dengeki Hobby VF-1 is the hasegawa model but the first picture you posted is a 1/60 VF-1 SO THERE IS HOPE!!!

Look at the hook from the back pack (to use it in battroid mode), the articulated ventral fins, it's clearly a 1/60 ver 2

You're right, that other Hase image doesn't look like a 1/60 but the first image posted certainly does and it has the proportions and some of the articulated bits from the 1/60's. Good find.

Awesome find!!! I'm glad to be the bringer of light! (Even though I thought I was wrong at first). :D

Now...how will this affect the panic buying and prices.... It's getting quite interesting around yahoo auctions and mandarake with ridiculous prices.

So is this 30th VF-1 going to be released by Arcadia or is it being built for someone else as their "exclusive"? Wonder if someone, say DeAgostini, paid for a particular license, would they just contract Arcadia to build it for them?.....

Keep. Hope. Alive! ^_^

the two pictures have different linings at the back and as mentioned by Ignacio Ocamica, there is the hook from the backpack.

I can't read Japanese but from the Kanji, it seems to mention that this is the Arcadia version and comparing with the Hasegawa kit, it would be a product with higher play value and more gimmick. I could be wrong, Someone who read Japanese please kindly take a look and tell us what was really written.

Maybe the pics was misrepresented between the kit and 1/60 ver 2?! Then again why let a good mold go to waste when it's easily milk able for the 30th anniv! Ahhhh... gotta love the anticipation!!

Edited by Agent-GHQ

I'm going to stay positive. I mean at the end of the day, there is certainly still lots of money to be made in the Macross market - now and in the future to come. I believe Yamato is/was the best manufacturer of scale Valkyries. They clearly understood the Macross community and catered to it. That said, I also believe that they may have just tried to make too much in too small of a timeframe to net a sustainable profit.

I'm hoping that it's just a matter of Arcadia clearing the legality hurdles of holding the license and then developing a smart business plan for the long haul.

Hopefully someone here can provide a full translation of this article...

Hope abounds.

Well the one image is clearly not anything other then a model with a 30$ price point.

Unless someone can actually translate, I'd say its all the same piece.

Besides, I hope if they were going to somehow continue the 1/60 line.

I would hope it wouldn't be with a ball buster paint scheme like that.

Would be a waste IMO.

Well the one image is clearly not anything other then a model with a 30$ price point.

Unless someone can actually translate, I'd say its all the same piece.

Besides, I hope if they were going to somehow continue the 1/60 line.

I would hope it wouldn't be with a ball buster paint scheme like that.

Would be a waste IMO.

Which one image? The original post? Because it's not clearly a model. The top down image from the hlj link and this new one look different in several key aspects.

Which one image? The original post? Because it's not clearly a model. The top down image from the hlj link and this new one look different in several key aspects.

Exactly, the first image from the OP (Hyper Hobby mag) is a 1/60 VF-1J ver 2. A publication showing info from Arcadia + a 1/60 ver 2 is very promising!

I tried reading what I could from the Japanese and in parenthesis, it reads "The Arcadia version only will be introduced this time"

Even if Arcadia continues the Yamato molds, the 30th Anniversary plane they are starting with is ugly as crap.

Edited by Cdisdope

The first article: It says that Arcadia is making more macross toys and this will have about 11 types of gimmicks. No mention of it being transformable, yet (fingers crossed)

Edited by AlphaOne

The second photo clearly shows a price of 2,940 yen, so that one is not a 1/60 PE anything.

Also my Japanese isn't very good, but I don't see anything even remotely resembling transform, or transformation or anything to that effect.

Edited by skullmilitia

That is sooooooooo ugly. haha.

Yeah those things are just display pieces. Doesn't give me any hope they are sinking money into transformation toys.

498.jpg

Bandai makes these ugly things too haha

Edited by Gakken85

2nd photo is from Dengeki Hobby, and it is the Hasegawa 2,940yen kit, but the first photo is from Hyper Hobby, and the curve line at the tail of the planes is different. Surely, nothing is clear until Arcadia post a picture on their own website.

That is sooooooooo ugly. haha.

Yeah those things are just display pieces. Doesn't give me any hope they are sinking money into transformation toys.

498.jpg

Bandai makes these ugly things too haha

Are you saying you don't want a 1/60 VF-1A Flower Patrol?