Question about VF-1 1/60 factory scratches!

Dimis

Hi,

You may say that i panic-bought (although not really because i was planning to buy it anyway) the VF-1J Commander type. I bought it new, from a Yahoo Japan Auctions seller. Although i do think it was unused, i noticed a tiny scratch on the left side of the piece that the wings are attached to and swings forward for Gerwalk.

The crazy stuff now: The sample piece at HobbySearch, shows exactly that!!! Click at picture 11.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10086194

For a moment i thought that somehow i ended up with that copy! Then i looked closely at a VF-1S Roy with option parts that i have on display (i got it last June from AmiAmi) and it also has that little scratch/mark at exactly the same spot, but it's not as visible because the plastic is white.

Has anyone else seen that before on his VF-1?

I have no idea what part you're talking about but I don't see any obvious scratches/markes/defects on the toys in any of those photos. post a picture pointing out the spot so we at least know where to look.

Here, i have done it for the photo from Hobbysearch, but i cannot do it for the one from Flickr. It's the little white mark inside the red circle. If you then look at the one from Flickr, there's one at exactly the same spot. Oh God, why am i even doing all this detective work? I can be obsessive compulsive, so that's why, LOL!

post-14781-0-16896100-1366975422_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dimis

Oh, that. That mark is where that particular part was connected to the plastic sprue when it was originally cast. When they cut the part from the sprue it leaves a little rough, discolored spot. every VF-1 ever made has that same mark in the same place.

There are also plenty of other marks just like all over the toy if you look hard enough. in fact pretty much every toy made from injection molded plastic has marks like that somewhere on them.

:edit:

also, those are tail fins.

Edited by anime52k8

Oh, that. That mark is where that particular part was connected to the plastic sprue when it was originally cast. When they cut the part from the sprue it leaves a little rough, discolored spot. every VF-1 ever made has that same mark in the same place.

There are also plenty of other marks just like all over the toy if you look hard enough. in fact pretty much every toy made from injection molded plastic has marks like that somewhere on them.

Don't tell me where the others are!!! Please don't ! :-P

Yeah, every single toy ever starts off on a plastic sprue. They pretty much start off as model kits :)

It's a byproduct of the manufacturing and assembly process.

Edited by xrentonx