What's a good plastic polish?

plastik

What's a good plastic polish that's color safe for giving a good shine and removing really fine scratches? thanks

I use Tamiya polishing compound (fine). Not sure about it being color safe. I wouldn't use it over anything painted. But it works great on pre-colored plastics like those of Gundam models.

this might sound stupid, but i use fingernail files, like you'd get from a boutique or beauty shop. the soft ones, not the emery boards. they make insanely fine files, like in the thousands grit and i have used them on both plastic and painted surfaces with quite good success. i mean, if they are used to buff a woman's freshly polished nails, which is an enamel most of the time or fake acrylic nail, it seemed to me that they'd work. the finest ones don't even feel like they have a texture at all.

Funny enough, if the part is small, I just use my jean pants leg (while being worn). It's got a "soft" backing and the denim gives it a good shine! - MT

"No officer, it's not what you think. I was just polishing some plastic that's all"

LOL.

Graham

:lol::lol::lol: My wife said that's her job! :lol::lol::lol:

Just don't use automotive polishing compounds. They can be petroleum based, can melt or crack the plastic, and may have wax in them making painting impossible.

I'm gonna try my wife's shirt with her in it next... - MT

:lol::lol::lol: My wife said that's her job! :lol::lol::lol:

Just don't use automotive polishing compounds. They can be petroleum based, can melt or crack the plastic, and may have wax in them making painting impossible.

I'm gonna try my wife's shirt with her in it next... - MT

be careful. That can lead to other things. :lol: