Bandai Macross Quarter scale

Swooshiex

Does anyone know the approximate scale of the Bandai Macross Quarter?

Are the valks that come with it bigger or smaller than the Bandai 1/250 fighter?

Anyone knows any shop that has it on clearance?

The reviews seem mixed but with maybe more on the negative side. It does seem like it needs a renewal version to really attract strong interest.

Thank you!

It's more like 1/300 or smaller. A valk scale to it would be the size of a penny roughly.

yikes. the valks are the size of a penny?! that's super small.

Last time I checked NY still had some available. They where even discounted as far as I remember.

thank you! but if the valks size are too small i think i'll rather just wait for a renewal version that will hopefully come in a better scale. i'm thinking of putting the 1/250 valk on it. if it's too disproportionate then it won't be worth it.

any has any pictures of the valks for the Quarter placed beside a coin? thank you!

yikes. the valks are the size of a penny?! that's super small.

thank you! but if the valks size are too small i think i'll rather just wait for a renewal version that will hopefully come in a better scale. i'm thinking of putting the 1/250 valk on it. if it's too disproportionate then it won't be worth it.

any has any pictures of the valks for the Quarter placed beside a coin? thank you!

THe 1/250 valks are going to be wayy too big for the quarter. Also, I don't think there will be a renewal of the quarter. It was not popular and has been sitting on shelves for what? 4 years now? For a Bandai Chogokin that's an eternity

I don't know if you ever get a Quarter release with bigger Valks because they are already way to huge for the scale of the Quarter itself. There was a 1/250 (?!?) fighter collection from Bandai that included the Frontier Valkyries. If you want something in that scale you should might want to take a look at these.

THe 1/250 valks are going to be wayy too big for the quarter. Also, I don't think there will be a renewal of the quarter. It was not popular and has been sitting on shelves for what? 4 years now? For a Bandai Chogokin that's an eternity

I figured out that much. I would love a renewal Quarter with bright colors (the one on the current toy just look incredibly drab), a secure locking mechanism for cruiser mode and a flight deck storage solution that doesn't require additional parts.

Hi everyone.

The Quarter is roughly 1/900

I´ve got one, and I don´t think the Valkyries are out of scale.... They are quite little, and beautiful, btw.

So are the Vajra, and the Kônig too....

BTW, the Quarter can be put into cruiser mode WITHOUT the stands.... it only need the main stand, and the arms will do the rest.

I´ll try take some pictures this afternoon to show you.

I really love the Quarter. I don´t know why is so underrated....

And please excuse my very limited english.

I just measured one of the valks that came with the Quarter using a digital caliper and I got 17.61 mm. The stated length of a VF-25 is 18.72 m. So that comes out to be like 1/1063 scale on the valkyries which ought to make them underscaled compared to the Quarter. But they're already large enough to take up pretty much the entire elevator platforms and you can see in the first intro for MF where Alto's 25 is coming up the lift that there is much more space. If the little 25's that came with the Quarter were around 1/900 scale also, they wouldn't even fit. So I think Kawamori just underguesstimated what the size of the Quarter would need to be in order to fit a VF-25 in the carrier section... or my math could be wrong somewhere.

I just measured one of the valks that came with the Quarter using a digital caliper and I got 17.61 mm. The stated length of a VF-25 is 18.72 m. So that comes out to be like 1/1063 scale on the valkyries which ought to make them underscaled compared to the Quarter. But they're already large enough to take up pretty much the entire elevator platforms and you can see in the first intro for MF where Alto's 25 is coming up the lift that there is much more space. If the little 25's that came with the Quarter were around 1/900 scale also, they wouldn't even fit. So I think Kawamori just underguesstimated what the size of the Quarter would need to be in order to fit a VF-25 in the carrier section... or my math could be wrong somewhere.

MacrossJunkie -

You´re absolutely right. It seems to be that maybe all of us are a little confused with scales, because of the discrepancies on the total lenght of the Quarter.

The total lenght is 472 meters, but the Carrier itself is 257 meters. And to complicate things even more the Gunship (Armd-R) is 227 meters long ! And in the Bandai Quarter (and I´m looking at mine right now) the ARMD-R (Gunship) is way longer than the carrier....

Macross Compendium and Macross Mecha Manual have these figures....

So, even loving it, I´ll admit that the DX Chogokin Quarter is pretty messed up...

Pd. MacrossJunkie, your work on the SDF1 is amazing.... I have to say it again and again