Robotech RPG Tactics Kickstarter

logos

• 1 month later...

I don't really see why it's a problem that they're allowing the backers who can't make it to the conventions a way to purchase con-only toys. That's actually a pretty cool gesture.

They were never part of the figure range brought up in the fundraising phase, but will possibly be developed using the Kickstarter money. And probably most people will have to pay for it, backers and others alike. Sounds like Palladium is prioritizing the gaming conventions for promotional reasons over the people who actually helped make the wargame possible (again).

They were never part of the figure range brought up in the fundraising phase, but will possibly be developed using the Kickstarter money. And probably most people will have to pay for it, backers and others alike. Sounds like Palladium is prioritizing the gaming conventions for promotional reasons over the people who actually helped make the wargame possible (again).

This sounds like anti-HG, Palladium, Robotech thinking clouding sound reasoning in favor of trying to hate them from another angle. They already have most of this stuff tooled. They're not new molds being made with backer money, and if they've managed to squeeze new things out and want to sell them to me since I can't go to the Con's then that's pretty cool. They sold Max and Milia models made from 3D printed materials based on what was going to be released for the Kickstarter already anyway, that was off the back of the Kickstarter but didn't take advantage of anybody.

Note: "Things that are being made here in the US and will not take much time away from our energy to get Wave Two into your hands."

IE assets that have already been made or can be easily duplicated, like the 3D printed Valks from the previous Cons that are already customized for you. This is no big deal at all.

Note: "Things that are being made here in the US and will not take much time away from our energy to get Wave Two into your hands."

To rephrase that a bit.

"Things that WILL take some time and energy away from getting wave two into your hands"

I wish pb would just focus getting wave two out instead of spending backer money on tangents. One of Kevin's friends who was working on the robotech game was let go last week. Just recently Kevin made known that he's had artwork stolen. I don't know if this is from the crisis of treachery and he's just noticing it or this Jeff person took it recently. Don't know or care, but I'd hate for Kevin to use this as an excuse to delay or not deliver wave two.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like anti-HG, Palladium, Robotech thinking clouding sound reasoning in favor of trying to hate them from another angle.

And yet, this happens.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/posts/1255963

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/posts/1256008

Basically, they screwed up.

Edited by Einherjar

What does this have to do with them offering pewter figures as con exclusives? That was what I was talking about.

More accurately, they massively screwed up and are blaming Ninja Division.

What does this have to do with them offering pewter figures as con exclusives? That was what I was talking about.

Considering the bombshell Kevin just revealed, in context I think they have more important things to worry about right now than working on other things and directions for the project that they never intended to go with the Kickstarter. It's also worrisome that not only are those exclusives, conventional units, and the Invid (?) the only positive things that he had to say out of the entire two part manifesto of costly mistakes, but it sounds like those have a better chance of getting released before the things people actually pledged for.

Also, sorry Southern Cross fans (again).

Edited by Einherjar

• 2 weeks later...

To avoid talking about wave two here's a few updates they posted about what scale they will do next. Although it seems Kevin wants to change the next era to 15mm. Although in the following update he back pedals his opinion about 6mm not being good and blames those around him instead. There will also be another sham poll this week about 6mm vs 15mm.

1)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/posts/1257281

2)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/posts/1261276

3)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/posts/1263476

Considering the bombshell Kevin just revealed, in context I think they have more important things to worry about right now than working on other things and directions for the project that they never intended to go with the Kickstarter. It's also worrisome that not only are those exclusives, conventional units, and the Invid (?) the only positive things that he had to say out of the entire two part manifesto of costly mistakes, but it sounds like those have a better chance of getting released before the things people actually pledged for.

Also, sorry Southern Cross fans (again).

Something else to consider if it launches before Wave 2 is completed, it SHOULD be heavily lambasted. Why? For two potential reasons.

Either they have nothing significant to show for it (no digital sculpts, no stats, no rules, no non-recycled artwork), in which case their trustworthiness and competence should be a big warning sign.

Or, they DO have something significant to show for it. In which case, they've been developing the new stuff while Wave 2 has stagnated.

There's simply no way they can do another KS without sticking it to the current backers, or being way too vague to the new backers (or being PB, both).

Edited by cypherxv

I bought the game and multiples of all of the miniature packs and have been dutifully assembling them for the last few months, they are time consuming even for 30 year miniature fan and model builder.

That sorry excuse laden post on their official site at Palladium blaming everything on their design partners not doing all of the work delivering on promises Palladium made to their customers is just simply shameful. I'd be genuinely embarrassed as a business owner to post that sort of evasive, buck passing off as a sincere apology. It's pretty awful.

On the subject of scale? I might be a simpleton here, has anyone done the math, are their "6mm" miniatures in the 1/300 scale range?

Aside from the convention exclusives that were pewter, these are basically scaled down tiny Imai / Bandai plastic model kits.

I counted 34 parts for a single Gerwalk Valkyrie to be assembled, they are highly detailed, intricate, cool figures, but Christ on a crutch, if you bought this game for a ten year old, it would be practically impossible for them to assemble the pieces to play the game. IMO that's single biggest shortcoming of the game.

It's a Warhammer / Battletech miniature strategy tabletop game clone, it plays fine and elicits the same type of rules lawyering fights that most of these game do around line of sight, range, terrain modifiers, I really don't have a problem with that, the figures are just extremely tedious to assemble, which is also fine for me, but I know that the other Robotech / macross fans that I grew up with who aren't big model building and miniature painting fans are disappointed with the game pieces requiring weeks worth of afternoon and weekend assembly work before you can play the game. without substituting quarters, D&D miniatures or dice for assembled figures.

Yeah, someone gave me this game, I looked at the sprues, laughed, and put it away likely to never be seen again. I'm not a modeler and have zero desire to waste that much of my life prepping to play a board game. Bring on the Android version!

I,m conflicted on the lame or not front. I don't want to dump on it completely. The models when built are incredible for the scale. I seriously believe they 3d scanned and perfectly reproduced old 1/72 scale model in 1/285 scale which is incredible, but sweet Jesus it requires tools and patience and a skilled miniature painter to assemble them to look good, so buyers should get this warning with the game.

I,m conflicted on the lame or not front. I don't want to dump on it completely. The models when built are incredible for the scale. I seriously believe they 3d scanned and perfectly reproduced old 1/72 scale model in 1/285 scale which is incredible, but sweet Jesus it requires tools and patience and a skilled miniature painter to assemble them to look good, so buyers should get this warning with the game.

So..did they license the molds that they 3D scanned? And are these snap models, or do they have to be glued?