Robotech RPG Tactics Kickstarter

logos

Huh, I just got a call from Hobbytown saying "Hi, this is hobby town. Don't know if you remember this but you ordered the Robotech Tactics RPG a year ago. Well we just got a stock of it in." "..........mmmmk." :huh: "Well, that was a year ago!" and hung up. I dunno if I'd wanna have that when I have no friends to play with. Maybe guess for collector purposes?

Been looking at this since it arrived in our Local game store. Of course I'll be configuring everything Macross-style if I get it, but I'm looking at all those real-life alternate schemes and weapons loadouts and wondering if I'll configure all the UNS stuff as JDSF, bundeswehr, or US Marines instead. Any modelers here know where I can find some 1/285 ordinance add-ons to go on the Valks?

Huh, I just got a call from Hobbytown saying "Hi, this is hobby town. Don't know if you remember this but you ordered the Robotech Tactics RPG a year ago. Well we just got a stock of it in." "..........mmmmk." :huh: "Well, that was a year ago!" and hung up. I dunno if I'd wanna have that when I have no friends to play with. Maybe guess for collector purposes?

They should make a Macross strategy cell phone game.

I liked the old GBA game to say the least.....that was about it.

I'm off tomorrow from work for some reason or another. thinking after work I'll check out this tactics BS and think about it. never been big on strategy games or reading a big book, I'm a visual learner so I have to see how it works rule by rule to actually understand it.

I've started building with a Phalanx. Mostly so I can line it up with my 1/00 Matchbox "Spartan", 1/44 Takatoku Phalanx, 1/200 Dark Horse RT:RPG "Spartan", 1/285 Battletech WTF ever they called it and have five versions in a row. Pics when it happens.

Palladium will sell a few of these 1/285 "kits" to Battletech players. I think it was a poor business decision to invest in the tooling for these 1/285 "kits". Plastic kit building hasn't been a popular hobby since I dunno, the 80s? They would have been better emulating a modern success like the pre-painted X-WIng. I would have dropped 10x the $$ if they had sourced the 1/200 gashapon instead of doing all the tooling

• 3 weeks later...

There were some good sales for it - I think Cool Stuff Inc has it at like 50% off still?

I have read through the rules but not played. It looks OK. Some needed information is only on the unit/squad cards and is in very small type which I am not real happy with. Fans have made new tracking cards/sheets and made them available which will help with that issue.

There definitely is a lot of work to get the minis built - I have done about a dozen, mix of both forces - I actually like 'em though I like building plastic models....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was at a book store today doing a Gunpla builders group meeting. As thank you to the book store for not bugging us since we weren't buying books at the time, or even reading, I found this and picked it up. Figure if anything with my minature painting skills racking up this should be pretty easy to do....and the guys in the group are curious to give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this at Robo Toy Fest and came perilously close to pulling the trigger. Has anyone played yet? Is it fun (I mean once you get over the assembly/painting hump that seems to be the main gripe here)?

Tried out the rules with my son. It does a good job emulating what was seen in the show. We had fun playing it. Next game I won't go easy on the boy so I can unleash full missile spam like in the anime. You can also blow up structures. Handy when the enemy mech is hiding behind it. I need to start painting them. They'll look better if I do.

post-22449-0-80027900-1422688737_thumb.jpg

post-22449-0-99063700-1422688755_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/02/on-kickstarter-everyone-is-peter-molyneux/

Not really related, I know, but I'd keep bugging Palladium about that Wave 2 and whatever else they should have delivered over one year after their original estimated release date.

While people do need to keep bugging them about it Palladium has been delivering late for three decades now.

• 1 month later...

I forgot to mention that GHQ is talking to PB about maybe producing the conventional military vehicles for the game. So we could see a catseye and dragon fighter eventually. From what I've heard it would be after wave two is finished. Take it with a huge grain of salt.

Not everything promised during the Kickstarter has been released yet. Therefore, PB are obligated to do updates on the Kickstarter project page for the backers. Nothing strange at all.

And they still have a long way to go. Maybe a third and fourth wave might be needed somewhere down the line, too.

Edited by Einherjar

Why would this still be a kickstarter thing? Seems started at this point.

The base game for the Kickstarter is finally out to everyone across the world but all of the additional bonus goal add-on stuff hasn't been, apparently, designed yet. That still needs to be tooled and shipped as well.

Another PB update:

UPDATE: Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines™ Sourcebook – in production

I have been working on this title in between directing operations on several Robotech® plans and projects. Robotech® Marines is going to be a crowd pleaser with new mecha, aliens, new character classes, the Invid and more. Author Irvin Jackson outdid himself.

NEW! Robotech® Dice Bag – Gold imprint on a black bag

The Robotech® Dice Bag was a hit at AdeptiCon and is a hit with gamers making purchases from the Palladium online store. The Robotech® Dice Bag has gold colored printing on a faux velvet, black, draw-string bag – 7½ x 8 inch bag with flat, round bottom. $8.00 and only available from Palladium Books. More to be revealed for Robotech® soon. See a full description of this item elsewhere in this Update and in the online store.

UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™

So much going on. We continue to hammer out a number of projects and plans we think our Kickstarter backers and all Robotech® supporters will be excited about. We don’t have everything worked out yet, so we are hesitant to discuss them yet, but very soon.

Meanwhile, work continues on the engineering aspect of Wave Two items, and more comprehensive instruction sheets for building Robotech® RPG Tactics™ are being posted on DriveThruRPG.com with much more free and helpful materials in development.

Robotech® RPG Tactics™ has shipped to our Kickstarter backers in Europe and continues to ship to Australian backers, with the rest of the world to follow.

As I noted last week, Palladium has exciting plans in development for expanding the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game line and gaming experience. I’m anxious to share those with you as soon as possible.

Beasts of War recently posted an Unboxing of Robotech® RPG Tactics™ video with Carmen Bellaire, co-author of the rules for Robotech® RPG Tactics™, and it is my understanding that 2-3 additional videos will be posted in the weeks ahead. Catch ‘em all and enjoy.

Don’t miss the Forge the Narrative Podcast we mentioned last week. While at AdeptiCon, Jeff Burke and I did a podcast with Paul Murphy. He also interviewed the guys at Ninja Division and a host of other people. It can be heard at:

http://www.forgethenarrative.com/2015/03/ftn-bonus-episode-10-ninja-division.html

Someone converted their phalanx (not sure on the name) with long multi barrel guns and missile launchers.

looks like they based it on this

post-4286-0-52347700-1428103601_thumb.jpgpost-4286-0-74287900-1428103611_thumb.jpg

cool to see it at such small scale.