Godzilla-WB/Legendary production, on DVD/Blu-ray Sept. 16, 2014

Godzilla always had thunder thighs, like the look of the new one but still think it got a small head. This one also got the plasma breath back.

Recall one Jafcon where they had an actor in a suit got a pic off him taking a rest sitting on the disconnected tail.

People are talking about the stumpy feet, which do kind of look weird. I think they left enough of the original for me not to cry that my childhood had been raped, but the feet do look kind of weird.

i think gozilla looked best when he was a rubber suit...the most popular showa era one (the one where he fights mothra) is the best. second i think is the completley over the top godzilla 2000 one with giant spikes. this new one...not a fan of the fat neck tiny feet design but i'll see the movie and pretty pumped for it.

@renegadeleader1 - :lol:

Regarding the appearance of this movie's Godzilla and some of the older/classic films, I think that the new movie does a good job in trying to pay homage while modernizing and cgi'ing his look.

I say this having looked only at the pictures posted in this thread and my very, very, very long ago memory when I'd see Godzilla films on Saturday afternoon.

He might be a too fat kitty-cat with tiny feet, I still think new Godzilla looks neat.

-b.

Speaking of toys. At six years old I had the plush toy that was based on the Hanna Barbera cartoon series. I carried it everywhere I went. I remember cutting off its tongue as I thought it looked dumb, lol.

plushzilla.jpg

lol i had the yellow godzooky from this line. it was my favorite thing ever!!

http://i.imgur.com/tF62rwX.jpg

Hesei is my favorite :D

thats a nice one. i really haven't ever gotten into collecting the godzilla suff. i do have one sh monsterarts one. i'm told its based on the 1994 version. i'm super tempted to get the 1964 baesd on the mosugoji suit and also the 2000 one with the huge ass spikes...but my other collecting wants usually take priority. pretty sure i'll be skipping any merch from this upcoming movie since i odn't like the godzilla design too much. still will see in in theater though because the movie looks great

thats a nice one. i really haven't ever gotten into collecting the godzilla suff. i do have one sh monsterarts one. i'm told its based on the 1994 version. i'm super tempted to get the 1964 baesd on the mosugoji suit and also the 2000 one with the huge ass spikes...but my other collecting wants usually take priority. pretty sure i'll be skipping any merch from this upcoming movie since i odn't like the godzilla design too much. still will see in in theater though because the movie looks great

I have a review of the 84 on my youtube page. I thought about getting into monsterarts stuff but I feel X-plus is more display worth with my other pieces. I'm not crazy about it either. If X-plus does a sculpt I'll probably grab one though.

Right now I want a 92, an 89, and that's about it. I PO'd the diamond 2001.

I have a review of the 84 on my youtube page. I thought about getting into monsterarts stuff but I feel X-plus is more display worth with my other pieces. I'm not crazy about it either. If X-plus does a sculpt I'll probably grab one though.

Right now I want a 92, an 89, and that's about it. I PO'd the diamond 2001.

i think the x plus figures have so much presence but it kills me they are 100% static. i might get one eventually...we'll see.

Initial screening reactions are coming in. Cover your ears.

So far positive but seems like the King doesn't have as much screen time as people would like?

Neither did Jaws or the original Alien- so this is lining up to be a classic! : P

Neither did Jaws or the original Alien- so this is lining up to be a classic! : P

You beat me to it, JAWS was freaky cause you never saw much of the shark or the same with ALIEN, but when they did appear it was worth it. Got my fingers crossed this movie will be awesome!

They really didn't show off the monsters in the trailers at the time either and both were fresh franchises with no previous entry (although Jaws was based on a novel); Godzilla on the other hand, who is iconic and has been around 60 years while appearing in trailers. Kiiiiiiiind of different, just sayin'.

Its not perfect but I'd take this new design anyday as long as the King is back. Really looking forward to this film.

BTW, don't go to the Wikipedia entry on this film or look at the soundtrack listing if you hate spoilers. I happened to see the soundtrack list and the track names kinda let the entire story out. BLEAH!!!!

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter