Godzilla-WB/Legendary production, on DVD/Blu-ray Sept. 16, 2014

It's an entirely new monster, we saw it toy form recently:

are you sure you want to see this?

absolutely sure?

ok...

Godzilla_2014_Winged_Muto.jpg

That's the exact figure I posted about above, there was also a set with a flying MUTO. The screen I posted above is from the Wondercon footage, so that's an actual shot of the ground type MUTO.

Problem with the US-Godzilla was that it was of a monster/Jurassic Park movie than a Godzilla one.

Egg laying Tuna munching oversized lizard. Not a bad movie but not Godzilla.

This, as a stand alone giant monster movie, it was okay, passable in my opinion, but as a Godzilla film it was awful, there's a reason many refer to him as Zilla and not Godzilla. The hate for a lot of movies I like is upsetting, but there's no need to get annoyed about it.

They must've hired Rob Leifeld to design the creature.

If Liefeld designed that, it would be all upper body muscles and no fat. The feet would look like clown shoes or a diamond (depends on the angle). And the body would be bending at all the wrong angles.

Yeah they totally F@$k#d the design. It looks like an overweight cat.

They must've hired Rob Leifeld to design the creature.

I think the design has to do with physics of the action effects. I'm hoping this Godzilla design looks better in motion than it does in a still photo. I remember folk freaking out when they saw the Transformer designs for the Michael Bay films, especially for Megatron and Optimus Prime. In the end it worked great on screen.

I think the design has to do with physics of the action effects. I'm hoping this Godzilla design looks better in motion than it does in a still photo. I remember folk freaking out when they saw the Transformer designs for the Michael Bay films, especially for Megatron and Optimus Prime. In the end it worked great on screen.

Was there a transformers film I'm not aware of? 'Cause nothing in any of the ones I saw could be said to have "worked great on screen."

None of the stills have warmed over to the design. I get your point about motion, so we will have to wait and see if movement helps the aesthetic.

The head looks too small for the body. It reminds me of Badroc from Leifeld's Youngblood Comic.

I love it, it looks how I'd expect an impossibly large 150 meter tall radioactive mutant dinosaur to look. Also, I don't think he looks fat, he definitely looks bulky, but if anything I'd say buff, Godzilla looks like he bench presses meteors and can curl an entire island.

If Liefeld designed that, it would be all upper body muscles and no fat. The feet would look like clown shoes or a diamond (depends on the angle). And the body would be bending at all the wrong angles.

And pouches. Lots and lots of belts and pouches.

Haha. Apparently 2ch is also bitching about his fat neck.

http://kotaku.com/japan-thinks-the-new-godzilla-should-hit-the-treadmill-1569153148/all

Did he get fat?

His neck looks like an American football athlete's.

Is this Sin from
Final Fantasy X
?

Out of shape Godzilla

He's gone
Supersize Me

That's what happens when all you do is eat and lay around.

Did he gain weight?

He got beefed up from the radiation at Fukushima

Metabozilla...

He's pudgy and cute.

He looks better than the previous Hollywood Godzilla

He's got no neck...

He looks like a komodo dragon

Holy $hit, that's the funniest thing I've ever read. "It worked great on screen". That satanic clown orgy you call Transformers looked as bad on screen as they did in the stills.

Back to Fatzilla.....I have hopes that you're right on this one because I've been looking forward to this one for a while.

Holy $hit, that's the funniest thing I've ever read. "It worked great on screen". That satanic clown orgy you call Transformers looked as bad on screen as they did in the stills.

Back to Fatzilla.....I have hopes that you're right on this one because I've been looking forward to this one for a while.

"satanic clown orgy" - Now that's the funniest thing I've ever read (not to mention I have a thing where clowns are concerned :unsure:).

All these fat and fat cat Godzilla comments are hilarious. I keep waiting for someone to Photoshop Garfield into a screen grab or something.

-b.

If he has little feet, that further supports my claim that Leifeld helped design him. I bet his feet will most be obstructed when on screen.

The more I look at him, I see more of a resemblance to a skink

Edited by Golden Arms

I'm kind of liking fat-zilla so far, but will have to see it on screen for final opinion.

I DID see the first bay-formers movie, and that was the last one I'll ever see. The designs literally looked like garbage . . .

post-8486-0-72113500-1398866070_thumb.jpg