Give me your 3D models!!!

the white drew carey

Hey MW team-

I've got a request for all of you 3D modellers out there: I was curious if I could partake of your 3D models to use as references?

I will not fiddle with them, claim them as my own, or do anything with them except to pose them as source material for my hand-drawn artwork. To be honest I (still) know nothing about 3D modelling. I current have Google Sketchup, Sculptris, and Blender to view 3D models. So I guess I would need versions that work with those programs? Hahaha!

Please let me know if you would be interested in sharing your models with me. No textures or anything, just the basic model itself.

Thanks!

twdc

Hello all! Just a quick update:

Thus far I have received a VF-25 model, which is good b/c I have a MacF project stewing in the back of my head. But I have also received a low-res SDF-1 in Storm Attacker mode, which is great because my current inspiration is a DYRL?-themed pen and marker drawing.

So, please, please, please, please... if any has anything they can contribute, please let me know. At this point I am specifically looking for Strike and Super VF-1 models, low-res with no skins (or do you call them textures? I don't know) are fine. Just something that I can move around in space to give me the right perspective and angles.

p.s.- If you are willing, just throw whatever you can at me. No need to send only Sketchup, Blender, or Sculptress-compatible files. I will figure out how to view them based on file type.

thx

Apparently I don't have anything that can read .MAX (unless you can convert them to .obj or .3ds or something)

So far I have the following programs for opening/viewing these files:

Sketchup (haha)
Blender
Sculptris
3Dtoolbox

I'm not sure exactly what file types I can or cannot import using these programs, but I will give anything a shake if you want to throw it my way.

Thanks!

I have buttloads of 3D models of Macross, but they are all low polygon game models. I assume you want more detailed models.

I should say, I work in Maya. I could make the models available in FBX, maybe some other formats.

I have buttloads of 3D models of Macross, but they are all low polygon game models. I assume you want more detailed models.

I should say, I work in Maya. I could make the models available in FBX, maybe some other formats.

He's actually looking for low-poly 3d models. Probably just wants to use them as reference.

I have a couple of programs that can view .3ds and .obj files, so those are cool. If you can't just send me what you can and I will try to find some way of viewing them...

He's actually looking for low-poly 3d models. Probably just wants to use them as reference.

I mean, I'll take hi-poly (am I saying that right) if someone offers. I just wanted to be absolutely clear that I am not going to go running around claiming some 3d model as my own, when someone else put so much work and time into it! :)

What I really don't need are any nice skins or anything. just the basic form and such.

Weird... can't read FBX? No, Chthonic, I am not looking for the models, I have them I think... well, most of them. Nice to see you too.

I could maybe convert some on the weekend or something. Not sure if I have the software for it. What are you using to view the models?

Weird... can't read FBX? No, Chthonic, I am not looking for the models, I have them I think... well, most of them. Nice to see you too.

I could maybe convert some on the weekend or something. Not sure if I have the software for it. What are you using to view the models?

Maybe I can?

I've basically been collecting free programs on the mac to help me view this stuff- Sketchup, Sculptris, Blender, 3d Tollbox, Xee... I just downloaded a plugin that is supposed to let me view fbx files through quicktime.

If anyone has any other suggestions on others, I'm all ears!

Hey everyone, we can add .fbx files to the list of things I can view. I DL's an extension for QuickTime that lets me view them.

Otherwise, like I said, I'll take anything you throw my way and will see if I can make it work on my end. No need to try to convert files if you don't have the time to do so. Just PM me and I will send you my e-mail addy.

Thanks a bunch!

twdc