It is gorgeous. Roman, in some of your screencaps, the pics look straight out of the kinds of books I have in my studio - ones with O'Neil cylinders and other 'visions' of the future. This is probably my most anticipated movie this year.

• 1 month later...

still think its not as original as others say, but its got my interest, finally. Certainly the setting is entertaining...

There are "blueprints" for Elysium done in a deliberate Syd Mead fashion at http://www.armadyne.net/

I like the page on bots:

Hospitality: 1600 currently in private use, 120 deployed by Elysium Corporate Authority.

Hazmat: 2,032 deployed on Elysium and Earth.

Security: 983,002 Currently deployed by CCB.

I'm still not sure If I'm interested in the movie, but Sid Mead has my attention.

The setting kinda reminds me of a reverse UC gundam except the rich elite are on the colonies, and the poor are on earth.

Still... with technology that advanced to build a space station that big with a fully enclosed enviroment, and can apparently cure cancer via body scan, what's keeping people from colonizing Mars for example? Truth is when I saw the "from the creator of District 9" my eyes kinda rolled and I thought here it comes another South Africa apartied allegory.

That's what I first thought when I watched trailer when I went to watch MoS.

• 4 weeks later...

D9 is one of my all-time favorite recent movies. So looking forward to this.

Never heard of Children of Men, have to look it up.

Graham

Children of Men is really good, but it's a dystopian social commentary, with only very minimal SF elements, if at all.

• 2 weeks later...

So did anyone else notice the change in tone with the trailers?

Originally it said rich people live here and poor people live here, let's loot the rich people! Cue Matt Damon acting like a sarcastic douche.

Now its Rich people stole everything, kid is sick can't afford treatment, Matt Damon still a sarcastic douche but now dying from some type of exposure to something PAYBACK is coming!

So did anyone else notice the change in tone with the trailers?

Now its Rich people stole everything, kid is sick can't afford treatment, Matt Damon still a sarcastic douche but now dying from some type of exposure to something PAYBACK is coming!

I noticed that from the very first trailer.

Can anyone confirm/deny if there was a RoboCop trailer attached to Elysium? :/ Marketing for the RC reboot has been pretty poor so far, to say the least, and the trailer was rumored to be out today.

The music to Elysium is pretty epic. Can’t wait to see it next week, hopefully.

Looks super cliche with at least a few decent visuals. Definitely a wait for Netflix type.

From what I've read, they really beat you over the head with the movie's message, in that heavy-handed Avatar sorta way.

I just meant the plot looks pretty predicable. Evangelical message movies... ugh. A shame, cause the production looks pretty good.