Macross Music - Custom Album Covers Sharing Thread

Zoroastres

Okay, so I'm in the middle of trying to digitize and sort all of my Macross music. I, uh, haven't exactly gotten very far (I've ripped 2 CDs) but I thought it might be a good idea to solicit some sharing before I waste too much time creating my own custom album covers for iTunes and the like.

So, basically, if you've got any spiffy, awesome album covers for your Macross music, share 'em!

Here are the two covers I've made so far, one for my general Macross 7 OST, and the other for the Dynamite Fire album. Dynamite Fire image is a customized version of the CD cover w/ my own text; the super-stupid-sexy-Sivil image is the A/B break image from the series, with a bunch of different filters applied (to cover up my minor photoshopping of the image) and a custom logo.

(If you can't tell, I really like Impact font).

post-13982-0-92112200-1365171682_thumb.png

post-13982-0-91120600-1365171695_thumb.png

Why not just use the actual album covers...?

Tiny text and pictures like the below don't show up well.

4988002324750F.JPG

macross-7-second-fire-ost_MLM-O-27929220

Watercolor, Pencil line art, Small text, and Abstract coloring are not the friends of low rez LCD screens.

Mac 7 albums seem to have a habit of scrawling text all over the art. Most SDFM Macross albums have Minmay, therefore Mikimoto, therefore usually watercolor.

(I should be posting suggested album covers, not bad examples of em, sorry for the derail)

Anyway, good excuse to post Sivil. She might not be my fav Macross character, but I don't know anybody that "enjoys" music more than her.

Edited by Kaldar5

Tiny text and pictures like the below don't show up well.

Watercolor, Pencil line art, Small text, and Abstract coloring are not the friends of low rez LCD screens.

Mac 7 albums seem to have a habit of scrawling text all over the art. Most SDFM Macross albums have Minmay, therefore Mikimoto, therefore usually watercolor.

(I should be posting suggested album covers, not bad examples of em, sorry for the derail)

Anyway, good excuse to post Sivil. She might not be my fav Macross character, but I don't know anybody that "enjoys" music more than her.

That second pic you listed, er... isn't an actual Fire Bomber album...

My bad. I'm not a huge fan of FB, so I didn't have em memorized. Probably could have done more research, but I think I got the point I was trying to make across.

Not really... since I know what (for example) the Sgt. Pepper album cover looks like, it looks fine on my tiny iPod screen. If I wanted to scrutinize every detail, I'd just buy the LP again.

I still don't get the "Hey, let's make a NEW album cover instead of using the ACTUAL album cover" mentality.

Maybe I'm just dumb...

Not really... since I know what (for example) the Sgt. Pepper album cover looks like, it looks fine on my tiny iPod screen. If I wanted to scrutinize every detail, I'd just buy the LP again.

I still don't get the "Hey, let's make a NEW album cover instead of using the ACTUAL album cover" mentality.

Maybe I'm just dumb...

I see three reasons.

1. It's a way to customize, or personalize your collection.
  2. It's a way to give uniformity to your collection (all images same resolution, can use variations of same image for variations on an album, etc.
  3. It's a way to replace bad or illegible art. The images Kaldar posted, for example. I can barely make out the details viewing them at full resulion... but the tiny icon that would appear on my PC, in iTunes, or on an mp3 player would be even worse.

Seems pretty understandable to me.