Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

VF-4G at 35k yen

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1241468.html

another armored pack for ozma at 18k

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1002445.html

too bad, I saw it all too late.

So happy that I didn't see that VF-4G! I absolutely would have pulled the trigger.

-b.

I find myself 'window shopping' the Destroid Tomahawks that are still warming retail shelves. I don't know why, but I can't even bring myself to pay >$100USD for the weathering versions. I think someone mentioned that a ground crew would be a good incentive for future releases. I think that's a great idea! Future Destroid releases need something or else they will be loss leaders.

I guess Arcadia will figure it out eventually, if they intend to make the rest.

Idk.. that's hard to say categorically. Most shops don't sell out of Macross SDF items. 1/48s and 1/60 Yamatos were still in stock back in 2013 before Yamato went out of business. I got a Hik 30th that way.

The 30th is still in stock at a lot of places.

The destroids might have sold slower especially if there was a lot to buy at that time + they made a crap load of them.

I think we're just comparing apples to oranges with the old behavior or Bandai Frontier stuff, which was probably smaller runs and harder to get. Plus Frontier has a newer and younger fanbase who might be more enthusiastic, sans all the American fans who have to import because of Harmony Ghoul.

Arcadia will make destroids!

They should just make them made to order.

Edited by Gakken85

I find myself 'window shopping' the Destroid Tomahawks that are still warming retail shelves. I don't know why, but I can't even bring myself to pay >$100USD for the weathering versions. I think someone mentioned that a ground crew would be a good incentive for future releases. I think that's a great idea! Future Destroid releases need something or else they will be loss leaders.

I guess Arcadia will figure it out eventually, if they intend to make the rest.

wait, where are you that you still see them on retail shelves? destroilds come with some ground crew arleady, no? at least the tomohawk does.

I don't 'see' them per se. However, hkcollectibles still has the weathering tomahawk on sale and in stock. I toss it in and out of my cart, along with the VF-19P and the unpainted VF-1A kit when I browse the site. It's virtual window shopping.

Edited by technoblue

Idk.. that's hard to say categorically. Most shops don't sell out of Macross SDF items. 1/48s and 1/60 Yamatos were still in stock back in 2013 before Yamato went out of business. I got a Hik 30th that way.

The 30th is still in stock at a lot of places.

The destroids might have sold slower especially if there was a lot to buy at that time + they made a crap load of them.

I think we're just comparing apples to oranges with the old behavior or Bandai Frontier stuff, which was probably smaller runs and harder to get. Plus Frontier has a newer and younger fanbase who might be more enthusiastic, sans all the American fans who have to import because of Harmony Ghoul.

Arcadia will make destroids!

They should just make them made to order.

Must have missed it, but I don't think anyone is comparing Bandai Frontier v1 or v2 to Yamato Macross Destroids (or using that as a case study for Arcadia Macross Destroids).

There is truth that Yamato flooded the market and there were a lot of Macross items that warmed the shelves, Valkyries and Destroids alike but the point remains that Valks are the more popular choice/purchase.

Seeing how long a Destroid last at sites like Mandarake or Jungle or how they sell at auction isn't the best barometer for retail sales because the folks buying actually target those items and probably do so because there is no other buying alternative. I would bet dollars to donuts that if Arcadia released these at retail with a standard production run you'd end up seeing the same type of clearance bin behavior as with the unpopular 30th Anniversary VF-1J.

You do speak truth that IF Arcadia did them made to order it'd be the better bet.

-b.

It's hard to say if they can or can not make money on a new destroid. They already have the bottom mold, I guess it's one of those gambles that arcadia must choose. It's disappointing for us not to have the complete set though.

I don't have Alto's supers. They are darker than the 25a's, and Luca's. The thrusters are a lighter silver, where as on the 25a's and Luca's they are dark gray/black.

They smell like plastic.

They look like the set on anymoon.com

V2-Super-VF-25F-5.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Nice work Yeti, I snagged a Set of Ozma supers for 67$ shipped off an American E-store.

They still have some for 75$, but no one apparently want's to buy them lol.

Sweet. I went looking when I saw the Ozma reissue was incoming.