Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

Not sure if this was listed yet - but a new set of M&M V2s came up on Yahoo.

They sold for 63,000 and 46,000 yen . . .

Dang, really? I am a collector so i think I will hold mine.

frakk that. haha. I don't mind throwing down some coin on something I want but that's a crazy price for a $120 dollar valk.

I'm not the person who sees that value :D

I feel the same way. Ever since the YF-29 Ozma released I noticed that the VF-25S has been increasing in price, must be Ozma madness.

Prices on Ozma VF-25 Mandarake are rivaling ebay prices.

73,500 yen :o

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1158470.html

At that price...until it actually sells...it may as well go here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=18530 or here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41092

Edited by jvmacross

Prices of an Ozma VF-25 on Mandarake are rivaling ebay prices.

This one is going for 73,500 yen :o

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1158470.html

That's for the Renewal 25S, Super Parts AND Armor Parts included. When you factor in prices for all three items; $ 50-60 for Super, $ 180-$200 for Armor it's $ 450+ for a sealed 25S.

Crazy.

-b.

That's for the Renewal 25S, Super Parts AND Armor Parts included. When you factor in prices for all three items; $ 50-60 for Super, $ 180-$200 for Armor it's $ 450+ for a sealed 25S.

Crazy.

-b.

Haha.. apparently it was too early in the morning for me, I didn't click on the other images. Thanks for the clearing that up KB, now its seems "reasonable" LOL.

Haha.. apparently it was too early in the morning for me, I didn't click on the other images. Thanks for the clearing that up KB, now its seems "reasonable" LOL.

All good!

And I love that you put "reasonable" in quotes, we're definitely on the same page there.

OMG, went to pour some coffee and this posts then it gone?!? COME ON!!! Well hopefully someone on here got it so I can buy it from you.

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1704636.html

Just saw this too, man that's an AMAZING deal. Really wish I'd checked Mandarake earlier. Congrats (but not really :P/ :angry:) to whomever was able to score that set.

-b.

*edit since the two posts were merged

Edited by Kanedas Bike

If someone doesn't start manufacturing valks either arcadia or bandai, its going to crash because most collectors wont be able to afford these prices. Its been getting worse and the market has been getting dry since the failure of yamato. Even the release of Arcadia's 1-S didn't really relieve the pressure of prices. The re-release of the 25-F also wasn't very effective and it is still pulling a higher price. Unless Arcadia starts to add a string of reissues in between their projects I think the future is dim. We may have just seen the golden age of macross toys pass by.

I didn't even see that go up haha

I think prices are starting to go up somewhat...but we're looking at outliers that are auctions and manadrake fishing to see if somebody will pay $700.

I wouldn't panic just yet, but Arcadia needs to release crap people actually want.

Edited by Gakken85

Not sure I understand, besides some plastic pigmentation issues were there problems with Arcadia's two VF-1S's? I hadn't heard of anything, especially compared to Yamato's earlier v2 1/60 releases.

The arcadia had crooked skulls on the tail and they also forgot to add the ejection tamp printing.

Agree about more product being put into the market - Bandai and Arcadia are two gun-shy. I understand wanting to mitigate risk but the writing is on the wall that there's a market that can support the production and sale of more units.

-b.

I think prices are starting to go up somewhat...but we're looking at outliers that are auctions and manadrake fishing to see if somebody will pay $700.

I wouldn't panic just yet, but Arcadia needs to release crap people actually want.

I think its over, its all been climbing since Yamato went down. I know a lot of us say something is being reissued or this is coming soon, but its just not happening. I truly hope I'm wrong, but i have a gut feeling I'm not.

Not sure I understand, besides some plastic pigmentation issues were there problems with Arcadia's two VF-1S's? I hadn't heard of anything, especially compared to Yamato's earlier v2 1/60 releases.

The arcadia had crooked skulls on the tail and they also forgot to add the ejection tamp printing.

Need to add this to the '1 Wish from Arcadia' thread:

RELEASE CRAP THAT PEOPLE WANT

Oh, don't recall the fuss over that, but I would venture to say that those issues are no better or worse than any (choose one) of Yamato's releases.

And I agree that it'd be nice if company A or B would release more product but it's so obvious that they're gun-shy because of what happened with company Y.

Is the golden-era over? I would say no, but it's certainly different from a couple of years ago. And think about this, Yamato started producing Macross toys in 99/2000, that was 14 years ago and we're still here with even more high-end Macross collectibles to choose from.

-b.

Haven't you seen all the valks that Bandai have been putting out? This is the golden age of Macross.

I think the golden age is more about the good price and quality of the valk and not about the numbers of valk out there. Or maybe am wrong I don't know. I start collecting macroos just 2 years ago.

Edited by Pedro2k6

I think the golden age is more about the good price and quality of the valk and not about the numbers of valk out there. Or maybe am wrong I don't know. I start collecting macroos just 2 years ago.

Hence it is the golden age of Macross.

LOL - let's just say that the golden age of collecting is whatever you personally want it to be.

If the Bandai Frontier releases rock your world then so be it, if you're like me and wish for a good mix from more than one company and pine for the days that you could you know, actually buy the things you want at retail then you may feel differently.

Was initially upset that I didn't catch this one last night (I was up and browsing when it was listed and sold);

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-879089.html

But it doesn't appear to be one of the 30th Anniversary releases so I don't feel too bad.

-b.

I browse Mandarake fairly regularly, I must have the worst timing or people are super fast at purchasing because I rarely see the good deals. Then again, the good deals are probably few and far between.

Is there a particular time when they post their new listings?

Edited by Saburo

If you've been collecting Macross since SDFM TV....you'd know it's all about "feast or famine".....without the recent announcement of a new Macross show....we most likely would have been approaching another stretch of "lean times" for Macross collecting.....like after DYRL and arguably until Yamato came onto the scene (unlike the original SDFM, there really wasn't much to collect in terms of toys* during the Macross 7 era or Macross II/Plus).....we've been pretty spoiled ever since.... ;)

Macross is "hot" again...and has been for several years now....in terms of what is available to the Macross collector.....thanks to the upcoming new show....I don't see that slowing down.....(barring a complete fail of the new show in Japan)....we'll have to wait and see

So "The" Golden Age of Macross collecting........no.............just a new, much more diverse and sustained one.....thanks to Yamato/Arcadia...Bandai.....the popularity of Macross F.....the 30th anniversary of the franchise....and hopefully the new show will keep fans interested enough for Macross merchandising to remain a profitable endeavor! :)

* Actually, it was more or less in terms of anything.....for Macross 7, only a handful of "toys" were released, very few dedicated books....there were many CDs though....Macross II...one book? One kit?.....Macross Plus had nothing except a couple of books.......you can probably forgive the low merchandise for MII/Plus as they were OVA....but M7 was a televised series so not sure why Bandai did not exploit that merchandising license....

I kinda derailed the chain with the golden age comment. Let's move past it and get back to posting what we are observing out there in regards to sales. I respect everyones view, I just don't want to compromise the integrity of this thread anymore. It's a very important thread with information for collectors about the market.

I browse Mandarake fairly regularly, I must have the worst timing or people are super fast at purchasing because I rarely see the good deals. Then again, the good deals are probably few and far between.

Is there a particular time when they post their new listings?

I usually see new listings in the morning, which I assume means that they are putting them up during their normal daytime business hours.

I kinda derailed the chain with the golden age comment. Let's move past it and get back to posting what we are observing out there in regards to sales. I respect everyones view, I just don't want to compromise the integrity of this thread anymore. It's a very important thread with information for collectors about the market.

The frequency in which this thread's integrity gets compromised....reminds me of several US retailer "secured" customer databases! :lol:

No worries....I guess Macross collecting is more than just watching the numbers...so it's fun to discuss what they "mean".....as long as we also keep posting those actual sales..... :)

Generally, anything that sells on Mandarake can be considered a deal. Their prices do not reflect free market prices...a similar item will sell for more on auction...where the amount of collectors vying for the same item are free to bid up to what they feel it is worth....free market price...

Mandarake is essentially a collectibles pawn shop.....they pay as little as possible for their stock....and thus can price it less than market prices....good for buyers....bad for the sellers coming into their shops....

Idk. I look at it as the real market value because its generally what people are willing to pay and close to original MSRP.

Auctions are inflated value because people fight over the price, though it is an indication of how much ONE buyer may pay in a special situation.

For example, you could get a MP-08x on Man for around $500 bucks just about any time it came up for sale in the last year or so.

Yet on ebay I saw it sell from $700-$1000.

What's the price that the meaty part of the curve would always pay for a MP-08x? $500. What will people sometimes pay? $1000.

Idk.. the more people find out about it the hard it will be to find stuff though, that's for sure.