Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

LOL, congratz!! time to update the signature.

Have you tried yahoo auction for the 1D, they usually go for 120, add shipping and fees from proxy buyers and you might get one for just under 200.

Once I got it in hand I will update it. Thanks for the heads up on the 1D!

A service that helps you bid for the item. Have it shipped domestically to them and then shipped to you. Since yja only ships domestically.

One that I use is buyee.jp. Instructions and how to are all listed in the Faqs/help pages. So everything you need to know to get started will be there. They're fairly simple to use.

Some others would be tenso, shoppingmalljapan, rinkya, etc. I don't know much abt their usage but I'm sure other members will chip in. Instructions for their usage are all listed in their website as well. Anything you need to know on how to work these proxies are all listed on their faqs.

I don't have much experience with winning an auction so these are just my 2cents.

I'm sure there'll be others way more experienced to help you with it. Feel free to pm me about buyee.jp's usage.

A service that helps you bid for the item. Have it shipped domestically to them and then shipped to you. Since yja only ships domestically.

One that I use is buyee.jp. Instructions and how to are all listed in the Faqs/help pages. So everything you need to know to get started will be there. They're fairly simple to use.

Some others would be tenso, shoppingmalljapan, rinkya, etc. I don't know much abt their usage but I'm sure other members will chip in. Instructions for their usage are all listed in their website as well. Anything you need to know on how to work these proxies are all listed on their faqs.

I don't have much experience with winning an auction so these are just my 2cents.

I'm sure there'll be others way more experienced to help you with it. Feel free to pm me about buyee.jp's usage.

Thanks for the information! I'll check it out.

The only thing I don't care for in YJA is the extended ending feature. If selected, it automatically extends the bidding time for a set time. If anyone else bids during that time, time resets. I think that's how it works. I guess just like a live auction it'll keep going till nobody bids after that. Sometimes what I thought was a good deal ends up going over my spending limit. Helps keep the bid snipers at bay.

The only thing I don't care for in YJA is the extended ending feature. If selected, it automatically extends the bidding time for a set time. If anyone else bids during that time, time resets. I think that's how it works. I guess just like a live auction it'll keep going till nobody bids after that. Sometimes what I thought was a good deal ends up going over my spending limit. Helps keep the bid snipers at bay.

No wonder!!!!, I didn't know that. I lost some great deals because the last 5 min were I was the highest bidder took 20 min and got barely outbid. :angry:

The difficult part is that you must calculate shipping costs and fees and keep them in mind when you're bidding, really limits you on how high you can go against the japanese who can easily outbid you.

I wonder if the recent fine for all the banks that were collaborating to inflate and control global currency value would maybe make the Yen fall a bit.

I guess you just have to set a limit on the bid. If someone exceed your limit your done.

Yes. You also have to take into account fees and shipping. Those two are what makes things way more expensive.

Find out what the 1D weighs for on websites like HLJ. I usually add 500grams after that. Take note that you can underestimate your costs sometimes cause you wont know the domestic shipping and shipping till after it comes to their warehouse. So it doesn't hurt to overestimate a little.

Yes. You also have to take into account fees and shipping. Those two are what makes things way more expensive.

Find out what the 1D weighs for on websites like HLJ. I usually add 500grams after that. Take note that you can underestimate your costs sometimes cause you wont know the domestic shipping and shipping till after it comes to their warehouse. So it doesn't hurt to overestimate a little.

The fees are also a killer as well as shipping cost twice, once from seller to proxy and the second time from the proxy to you. And the proxies use a horrible conversion Y-$ rate so they get you there as well. Typically, ebay is cheaper for a lot of stuff once you add in all that, but sometimes the stuff you want is only on YAJ.

Weight isn't as big of a deal as size. Anything over a certain length, height, and width will increase your cost on an airplane because how much weight it lifts isn't as big as how much space it takes up in the cabin. Smaller boxes are better haha

I just scored another 1/60 v2 VF-1J CF. It came in at 12600 Yen, I have one already, but the tampo of the kite on the left wing was defective out of the box brand new. I hope all is fine with this one.

Edited by Loop

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap. Just got an Angel Bird and a Cavalier for $300. Both came into Manadarke at the same store :D

The only weird thing is the description for the angel bird: Yamato 1/60 Perfect Trance VF-1A Angel Birds & Fun Racer model kit (clear version)

I don't want that kit haha.

Anyway, those are the last two rare valks I needed and they seem to be jumping in price again.

Yeah found it when I woke up.

I found this on the site actually:

Yamato Toys surprised their collectors when they announced the 1/60 Fan Racer as a model kit. To be released at the Shizuoka Hobby Show 2009, this marked the first time Yamato has put out an unbuilt model kit. The fan racer, made of ABS plastic was relatively easy to put together, it even held together without any glue. The first release was in white and then it was subsequently released again in December in pearl gray as a set with the Angel 1/60 VF-1A Angel Bird custom scheme and then again in clear plastic with the Angle bird as a promotion in Macross Chronicle issue 48, April 2010. The first release lacked the Hikaru pilot figure but then it was included in the latter sets. I do believe HLJ offered the later Fan Racer releases by itself on their website.

Guess this is the promo version from Macross chronicle. Pretty sweel for $180.

Edited by Gakken85

Someone (not me) got a really good price on a low-vis 1/48 1A and SV-51 mass production on Mandarake just now.

half of it would be me!

Damn I missed the other one just under my nose while I was filling out the form!

EDITED : on a side note, there is a set of armor part for VF-171 at a relatively good price now.

Edited by aaajin