Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

I actually asked the store for some more pictures since I was suspicious too, but I was very surprised to say the least when I got them... the worst there was were a few dents on the corners of the box.

It didn't even look like anything was taken out of the wrap...

post-25088-0-89322700-1384451115_thumb.jpg

post-25088-0-24827000-1384451124_thumb.jpg

post-25088-0-35504100-1384451127_thumb.jpg

post-25088-0-44843500-1384451130_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zip

Mandarake's customer service has usually been pretty helpful and responsive for me, but if the item you're interested in is priced to sell it might get picked up by someone else by the time they get back to you -- especially when considering the time difference. The items listed in the website are also usually available in their stores as well, so you're not only competing against the online shoppers, but also the store customers who can make purchases while you sleep. A while back, I was eyeing a TV VF-1S that got picked up before I got a reply back from my inquiry e-mail -- and the reply was within a day.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I actually asked the store for some more pictures since I was suspicious too, but I was very surprised to say the least when I got them... the worst there was were a few dents on the corners of the box.

It didn't even look like anything was taken out of the wrap...

nice research and crazy deal. congrats!

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/MISB-Yamato-1-60-Macross-VT-1-Super-Ostrich-/251382881783?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item3a87965df7

Someone finally picked this up. Been on my watchlist for some time now but the asking price was too high for me.

It's not so much the price as the possibility of opening this and finding a cracked shoulder. Regardless of fixes, it would ruin my day!

Vintage Bandai 1/55 Hi-metal VE-1 and VT-1 toys seem to be having sort of a comeback in market value...nothing close to their all time highs...but still....maybe folks are losing faith that these will ever be re-issued.....DYRL 30th next year......maybe Bandai will surprise us! :rolleyes:

Bandai has definitely missed the "profit" boat on re-issuing these 2...along with the "strike", GBP armor set, and even the original SDF-1......

Bandai Hi-Metal 1/55 VT-1:

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d148771581

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m119073613

Bandai Hi-Metal 1/55 VE-1:

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/178634037

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k171236433

;)

Actually that seems to be the new going rate on YJA.....all 1/48s in general are going for retail or less....

The only Yamato valks still fetching a higher than average premium are the 1/60 Max and Milia VF-1Js (for now) and the VT-1 (again for now)....plus the weathered VFs and the VF-X (not sure if any of these will ever get reissued)....Even the once coveted 1/60 VF-1S low viz has lost it's luster....one recently was listed at around 18000 JPY and received no bids....I doubt it will ever see a reissue...

Guest davidwhangchoi

Weird, the exact same link and it came up available this morning.

thanks dapro!

btw, that's common of mandarake to re-use the same photos at times whenever the same store restocks an identical item. (sometimes they're lazy to retake photos, not all the time)

i brought a vf-1j armor set from mandrake and after it shipped to me. i saw the same photos re- listed for another armor set from the same store.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

thanks dapro!

btw, that's common of mandarake to re-use the same photos at times whenever the same store restocks an identical item. (sometimes they're lazy to retake photos, not all the time)

i brought a vf-1j armor set from mandrake and after it shipped to me. i saw the same photos re- listed for another armor set from the same store.

I think sometimes items also get relisted after being bought because Mandarake doesn't require you to pay right away when you purchase the item, but they will mark it as being unavailable on the website. It may be that the buyer changed their mind or didn't pay for some reason and the same one got listed again.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think sometimes items also get relisted after being bought because Mandarake doesn't require you to pay right away when you purchase the item, but they will mark it as being unavailable on the website. It may be that the buyer changed their mind or didn't pay for some reason and the same one got listed again.

yeah, that happens as well... (i cancelled an accidental order before and they just relist it same price)

but this was listed for a different price so most likely it was another valk.

if you watch the vt-1,

that same picture set has been there since summer, i brought the one listed w those photos on two separate occasions at different price points. that listing has been reposted several times with the same photo set for about 4 times. so i'm sure at least two of them weren't cancelled reposts.

Strange, the Milia had a different price 2 days ago or I must be going bonkers. Even the Hikaru hi metal was 11000Â¥ a few days ago.

They are just lazy and used the same webpage just changing the price. You are not going bonkers haha