Maybe they shrunk them a bit. I wasn't under the impression that it was large.

It's about the size of a Bandai SRC box, maybe a little longer.

which src box size would you be referring to? mazinkaiser's box was pretty big for an src too, so a longer version of that would be pretty big.

cool review btw. it's comforting to know that. the cape turned out very nicely, and that it holds well to the figure

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

http://www.hlj.com/product/SET88019

Apparently there is a new version of the Knights of Sidonia Mech coming out from Sentinel if you missed the first one.

Riobot Knights Of Sidonia - Tsugumori Anime Commemoration Color Version

1402646107_20185_Riobot1.jpg

It's all white and bright red, instead of white/gray, and red.

I need to read the manga on my shelf but I haven't gotten around to it.

Really had to search for it on HLJ... the naming convention is crap. haha

Yeah, I preordered this version too! Something about the design speaks to me even though I've never read the comics or seen the toon. The first version is a pretty awesome figure.

http://www.hlj.com/product/SET88019

Apparently there is a new version of the Knights of Sidonia Mech coming out from Sentinel if you missed the first one.

Riobot Knights Of Sidonia - Tsugumori Anime Commemoration Color Version

It's all white and bright red, instead of white/gray, and red.

I need to read the manga on my shelf but I haven't gotten around to it.

Really had to search for it on HLJ... the naming convention is crap. haha

The show is starting on Netflix on July 4th. Wonder if they drop all eps. like they do their other shows.

• 2 weeks later...

man i went to look for the original one ..... wow , costs a lot now. wonder if it has anything to dow ith teh recent netflix announcement...or did they just make that few of them? either way, i preordered the white one. i kinda wish i knew aobut this when the grey and white one was up for preorder lol. it looks pretty awesome.

If a model is an option for you, there's an upcoming Kotobukiya plastic kit.

looks like one came out last year. i can't tell what deco it has (or what color its molded in) because al lthe picture i can find are of the completed model (and i'm sure professionally painted). is ther ea different kit coming out? also the kits seem bigger 1/100 instead of the 1/144

• 2 weeks later...

is that really a new kit or a custom? i picked up the kotobukiya kit for just under $60...who knows when i will have the time to build it. lol. also preordered the new version sentinel is putting out (anime color version?). love this design and the anime is shaping up to be a must watch too!

• 4 months later...

^ Sentinel actually showed a coloured Anubis recently, so hopefully it will be up for preorders some time early next year?

I wonder if it will shelf-warm like Jehuty again. I for one, found the Sentinel Jehuty to be the best version in hand, compared to the kits and definitely miles above the Revoltech.

post-17838-0-34178800-1416891802_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...