Relatively new to the toy scene, Sentinel has been working to put mecha in toy form from various series from Detonator Orgun to Gurren Lagann in their RIOBOT line. I could've sworn we had a thread for them, but I couldn't find it. In any case, their latest release is the one I've been looking forward to the most, and it looks glorious: the fighting Blodia from Capcom's Powered Gear and Cyberbots games. I love the old mechs of gaming yore, and this one looks to earn a place on my shelf. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

furthese left is Detonator Orgun.

Dinogetter is an easy pass for me (not liking Getter 1 design too much).

Was tempted with Getter-1 and Black Getter, but the price was a little overwhelming for me... seeing that amount of die-cast is changing my mind though

there is no preorder up yet, but Sentinel has mentioned the price before - 9,800yen MSRP for Black Getter.

not sure if it's on sale in December, or actually going to be released in December (less likely).

Edited by SaitouSad

That seems cheap to me.

The Aoshima black getter is about $100-120 and it's fairly outdated and cheap.

The SOC getters are also $100-140 depending on where you look.

Edited by Gakken85

when they first announced it, it looks to be something Bandai could pull off with the SRC line at a much lower price.
That said, I do love Sentinel's engineering (I have the Riobot Gurren Lagann myself), and there's no hiding that their figures tend to cost a lot (due in part fo small production run).
Their Starship Trooper is going for 11,800yen already, given its relative small size.

I'm still probably gonna end up getting both Black and Getter 1 at the end of the day though

SRC's are kind of a gimmick. They cost $60-70 and then you have to pay another $70 bucks for the upgrade pack that's coming 6 months later. Full SOC price with not as much diecast. haha.

Don't get me wrong, I like my SRC Gunbuster a lot. He's fun to handle, but I'd rather just have an SOC.

Edited by Gakken85

that be true. SRCs have shown a trend to use less die-cast with the newer releases.
but it's not like all Riobots come with plenty of die-cast either, nor should it be a reason to have such a high price, as some people have mentioned that it's just gimmick to up the price.

Just venting personally and wishing Sentinel could do something about their price in the long run, so that more people can access their line. It's hard to justify their cost some times when they have Rio:bone figures costing a bomb as well, some with lackluster reviews.

Cool thing about those getters is they transform into dinos. Instantly more awesome.

Seems weird to make giant costly tranformers that don't transform. Not that fort max or even that new metroplex look impressive transformed.. they usually look like the robot mode laying or sitting down with its head tucked in...still I wonder how successful it would be. I bet that fewture optimus prime won't do well here. Transformers fans in the states are chep bastards.

AND i really want this. Sentinel gets all my money!!! haha

sentips1.jpg

AAAAAAnnnd preorderd.

Just up my alley. Love the realistic/militaristic feel to it

Edited by Gakken85

I got detonator orgun today and I'm quite pleased with it. My quick thoughts:

The paint job is crisp and clean although not quite as flawless as my riobot gurren lagann. Articulation is pretty good all around and even has a pull down joint at the hip like a figuarts figure. Although the shoulder armor kind of restricts movement at the shoulder because you can't completely raise the shoulders up, but's nothing terrible. The large gun has a hand already attached to it and getting the gun on him requires you to remove the shoulder pad and then to reattach it. It's a bit of a pain and it's slightly awkward to pose him with the gun, but it does look fantastic. When your replacing the hands be aware that the wrist guards may pop off so don't lose those. The figure feels really solid in hand and nothing flops around or has popped off while posing it. It's about time orgun finally got a toy it deserves.

I'll post pictures and a gallery later.