What's the story on the new Votoms series/OVAs that came out in the past year or so? Are they all released and done? It seems like there was little enthusiasm for them - and certainly no new notable figures.

edit: I'm talking about Case Irvine, Votoms Finder, and Koei Futatabi (I think). Anybody see these yet?

Edited by Majestic

Case: Irvine is worth a watch, there are plenty of good battling action... but I'm not digging the AT designs though. Votoms Finder is quite meh for me. Maybe I'm just not used to looking at the ATs all spruced up with bright colors and with kibble-y weapons. Alone Again was nothing spectacular but there are some cool mecha battle scenes in it to make the time spent worthwhile; it is after all the closing of some sort to Chirico's story.

Anything new from anybody? No DMZ purchases?

I did manage to find a guy who was willing to part with his never-been-opened DMZ scopedog for a reasonable price, unfortunately it isn't a turbo custom but I'm still stoked. The turbo custom DMZ's seem to be a bit of a unicorn these days. In the mean time I got antsy and pulled my Yamato 1/12 out of the box even though It's technically up for grabs. I just had to get a good look at it since my DMZ should be here in the next few days. I have to say, Yamato did a pretty good job on the 1/12's. Lots of detail and very proportionate.

DSC_0266-1.jpg

DSC_0268-1.jpg

DSC_0269-1.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0285.jpg

It's definitely big. I never though I would find anything to make my VF-0A look "small".

The DMZ05 Turbo Custom is definitely worth owning, even if you have to pay abit more than retail to get one right now. It also has the biggest box of the entire DMZ line. Only thing to watch out for is the antenna; in fact all the antennas on the DMZs are made of hard but brittle plastic that can break easily. Everything else on the DMZs are built as sturdy as they can be built.

Edited by mr.chogokin

I’m new here and am happy to see more Votom fans here. I personally like the look of the 1/12 a bit more.

I was late to start collecting them but was lucky that for sometime between 2008 to 2010, some of the items were on big discount and I managed to picked some up for like HKD500.

here are some of the photos I took, hope you like them

20110826073843672.jpg?ib_____DJ2EcBpfe

20110824102309641.jpg?ib_____DGl75pk5F

20110824101119483.jpg?ib_____DObNkrv56

20110824101056937.jpg?ib_____DZCQ4s4py

20110821113427859.jpg?ib_____D5CPHaTq4

20110822112806573.jpg?ib_____DdIUsLJGq

Edited by alchemo

Love that pic of Fyana there alchemo.

Got my DMZ dog yesterday and it's certainly top notch. While it looks much more "real" than the other toys, the weathering is very basic in application. Sort of inspires me to do a similar paint job on my Yamato if nobody takes it. The one thing I found strange about the DMZ compared to the Yamato is that the knee joint isn't so much in the knee but halfway up the thigh. There is maybe 1-2 degrees of articulation at the knee and a ratcheting joint inside the thigh itself that acts like the knee joint. Kind of strange. Here are a few pics, but my photo taking skills seem to have left me today and the lighting in house is terrible at the moment. Alas, I give you DMZ...

DMZ-1.jpg

DMZ-2.jpg

DMZ-3.jpg

I also am about to start painting on a small custom votoms project of mine. It's a Calamity Dog red shoulder custom of sorts with mission pack, missile launcher, mortar, side rocket pod, and a light mini-gun as well as a sort of "flak gun" for it's right hand. I still need to make smaller feet and smooth out a few seams here and there before painting it but I think the standard red shoulder scopedog paint scheme is in order with some weathering too. It's all just held together with poster putty at the moment to see how things will look after final assembly. I think I will also upgrade some of the ball joints, especially on the shoulders as they stick out rather far. You can see the right arm is sagging as a result of the tiny little ball joints that the CM's come with. I also will be doing a similar weapons pack on a CM Funny Devil which will end up getting a Fatty ground type paint scheme and a red shoulder as sort of a "what if an ex-red shoulder battalion soldier went mercenary and was hired by the other side?" sort of thing lol. Anyway, it's not hard to tell where some of the parts came from to make this one:

CalamityDog-RedShoulderCustom.jpg

CalamityDog-RedShoulderCustom2.jpg

Edited by LOW_ALT

Nice Bacchus shot Alchemo! Love the photos on the black glossy surface...

You don't happen to have any of those show exclusive 1/12 accessories do you? (like the tangling chains or tank treads)

Or a line on where we can get them?

post-8486-0-51682200-1317666224_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

Nice Bacchus shot Alchemo! Love the photos on the black glossy surface...

You don't happen to have any of those show exclusive 1/12 accessories do you? (like the tangling chains or tank treads)

Or a line on where we can get them?

I would also love to get my hands on those exclusive 1/12 accessories that you speak of.

Does anyone know a good spot where I could get all the Votoms OVAs and newer shows? I would buy a legit version with English subtitles if available. If there is no legit version available and someone has them then shoot me a PM to discuss further.

Can you post a screen capture(or scan from the booklet) of the command page?

I managed to get a grasp on the controls. About the only thing I can't figure out is how the customization menus.

Great game though, tons of fun for something so simple.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone have an opinion on what would be the best Votoms book to buy for line art purposes? I have the DVD set that has some good line art on it but I was thinking there are probably some good books out there that can be acquired inexpensively that would be better references.

I just watched the Roots of Ambition for the second time. Seems like perfect animation, what a great OVA.

Spoiler Alert - but I have some questions.

Col. Pailsen sees Chirico as a baby in a J Capsule - was he sabotaging it? Why did it explode?

Not sure how the baby got to Sunsa - but later we see Chirico as an adolescent being attacked by the Red Shoulders in his village. Seems like a lot of story is still left out.

Do one of the other OVAs fill in the blank there?

Edited by DarrinG

After Votoms Debut in the Super robot wars franchise last year in Z2 part 1 it will be returning for part 2 this april along with a few other new additions to the already huge cast including macross 7!

Chirico fighting some Gurren laggan baddies and timp from Xabungle

Series list to appear in Z2-2

http://www.akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/Z2.2/Series

"Col. Pailsen sees Chirico as a baby in a J Capsule - was he sabotaging it? Why did it explode?"

Just watched Pailsen Files episode 5 and that filled in a lot. Maybe my only question is how did the baby Chirico get from a cloud of exploded green goo in space to safely on a planets surface - where he would grow to 7 years old before Pailsen found him and tried to kill him with fire.

And the way Col. Pailsen described it Chirico was discovered as being an abnormal surviver. But with the way the lab looked in Roots in sure seems like he was being 'created' that way instead...

Well if you watch Phantom Arc it does end with Chirico carrying a baby while being shot into space after some weird bubbly goo engulfs him.

Yeah maybe the series should've ended after Shining Heresy shot itself in the foot.

I'll check it out -- but if it shows what you say it does I'm not sure what that even means.

Are these extremely rare abnormal survivors born that way by chance or is someone making them that way?

If Chirico was born that way how did he get into space in that chamber?