Man I love the 1/18 DMZ series, I wish they would re-release those. The detail and paint is incredible. I missed out on the Turbo Custom version and have regretted it ever since (don't want to pay big $$$ for it). Seems to be plenty of StrikeDogs out there for relatively cheap.

Wish they had done a 1/18 DMZ Fatty or Standing Tortoise. Oh well, maybe someday...

i'll check out that video when i'm back at home. I'm hoping to get a first edition dog to compare it to the later toys.

Darrin, why do you recommend the one fyana over another? I thought the only difference was her outfit color?

I might put votoms on anymoon someday but it wouldn't be until all my macross and robotech posts get updated... So maybe next year.

Man I love the 1/18 DMZ series, I wish they would re-release those. The detail and paint is incredible. I missed out on the Turbo Custom version and have regretted it ever since (don't want to pay big $$$ for it). Seems to be plenty of StrikeDogs out there for relatively cheap.

Wish they had done a 1/18 DMZ Fatty or Standing Tortoise. Oh well, maybe someday...

The DMZ Strikedogs are bound to disappear sooner or later too. That's a damn well-made toy there. It's HUGE, it's menacing... design-wise I prefer that one over the Rabidlydog. Damn you Takaratomy for abandoning this toyline, they all rocked!

^You mean the Wave 1/24 I'm assuming?

I'm still disappointed there was never a 1/12 Chabby. I always liked that design, being that it reminds me of the Southern forces from Heavy Gear

NO - 1/12. Thy are amazing, and can be found here on YahooJapan for a great price - the buyer will not be disappointed.

I have never taken mine out of the box, maybe soon and I'll take some pics...

http://www.rinkya.com/new/en/redirect?url=http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k139840370

post-8486-0-35292100-1316439073_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

i'll check out that video when i'm back at home. I'm hoping to get a first edition dog to compare it to the later toys.

Darrin, why do you recommend the one fyana over another? I thought the only difference was her outfit color?

I might put votoms on anymoon someday but it wouldn't be until all my macross and robotech posts get updated... So maybe next year.

They're both good but there are some differences.

The orange outfit really goes great with the Brutish - and that's the suit she wore in the show while she piloted it. Must have.

The purple version is called the 'space' version, it also includes the extra Chirico pieces but also a extra space oxygen pack.

She wore this suit in many space scenes, piloting this scopedog with green face plate and round mover (below). I bought my purple Fyana on Yahoo Japan for 1 yen! Wish I could find this Scopedog for that price to go with her!

post-8486-0-62812600-1316439531_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

I'm pretty much spending all my free time watching Votoms, it's much better than I was expecting. I'm especially amazed by how infrequently it seems to be recyling animation.

Um, is it just me or do the boobs on the Fyana figure look wrong? Must fight desire to start collecting Votoms toys...

!!!

Hey wait - you're freaking right about these Wave figs - they can't be 1/12th? That would be Yamato size!

Hang on a sec - the box is marked 1/12, never looked before at the scale, it didn't occur to me that it didn't make sense.

Maybe they're more like 1/8th?? Here's a ratty cel phone pic to compare Wave with Yamato Cuvie...

post-8486-0-11601500-1316450287_thumb.jpg

What's a decent price to pay for a Yamato 1/12? It's no longer available from the regular retailers so I gotta go to Ebay or YJ auctions.

I regret not getting one when they were available.

I would get this one:

http://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-n102264562

OR this one:

http://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-b122676168

You can see the prices for yourself... !

The ver.1 's can be had for less than $100, the ver.2's seem to go for about $200ish but can be found for less. Unfortunately people are charging a boat load for the turbo customs now. I saw a Roots of Ambition turbo on ebay for almost $700 once you figured in shipping.

I would not go eBay for the better models like Turbo - just Yahoo Japan.

But yeah - if you want to get one of the early releases go to eBay.

They come up here for sale on MW regulary too.

I got my 'big red box' turbo custom for about $150 with RinkYa

Want the 2 Patlabor Ingrams though, they don't look to be dropping down much below $300...

Looks like I might have to use Rinkya although those links you posted above looked pretty pricey too.

Yamato never did a strikedog huh? That's too bad. A little Yamato Ypsilon + Strikedog set would be cool.

Good catch on my quote up there Darrin. At the time there were a billion new Macross and Mospeada toys, I couldn't keep up with those let alone get Votoms toys. These days it's a different story.

I think I'm about to list a whole bunch of Macross and maybe even Mospeada toys for sale to make room for some new toy lines.

No Yamato Strike Dog.

Wanted a 1/12 Bloodsucker from the Last Red Shoulder OVA - that should come with an Ypsilon as well!

Somebody posted a pic of a Marshy Dog concept which might mean Yamato continuing the line, but I doubt they will.

Can anyone confirm any Votoms action from Yamato?

They seem to be ending lines more quickly all the time if they do not hit their financial mark. Thought the Patlabor stuff looked like it was selling well, with a re-release of the first Ingram, but that looks done now too...

post-8486-0-87784200-1316611112_thumb.jpeg

Edited by DarrinG

If anybody is interested I'd be willing to sell my 1/12 red shoulder + red shoulder weapons/equipment set for like $300 $200 shipped. I've never displayed it and hate to part with it now but I'm on a serious hunt for the DMZ's!

scopedog.jpg

just putting it out there

Edited by LOW_ALT

Bummer - sorry about the Brutish bid.

Yesterday I looked over the DMZ's again and they are awesome looking. And the smaller size and sturdier build are quite appealing.

Especially after I tried to switch guns on my Yamato Strong Bacchus -- it took 10 minutes of fiddling. Thumb wouldn't stay on, then whole arm fell off, then hand came off, THEN fist punch charge fell out and extended arm, then thumb came off again - seriously? Sheesh.

Yamato 1/12 = pose once and leave on shelf.

Not to mention the DMZ's weathered paint job, I'm a sucker for more realistic wartime look. From the reviews that looks like the biggest PLUS for the line.

You guys on the DMZ hunt keep us posted...

At one point I recall finding a section on Takara's site about their VOTOMS lineup showing each on and their respective release dates, updates, etc. similar to the link that Jenius posted about the Yamato's here:

This might help you out, go to Yamato's website:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/goods_list.php?gid=60&cid=115

I had found it about a week ago but can't seem to find it now and unfortunately did not book mark the page. Anybody have a link?

Glad that there's renewed interest in Votoms. I love the DMZ line. The Rabidlydog is one of my favorites. Too bad they didn't do a Brutishdog :( For anyone contemplating getting the Strikedog, get while it's available. You won't regret it! Here's a quick pic of my Rabidlydog.

post-7029-0-71399600-1316820371_thumb.jpg

Edited by whitestar

At one point I recall finding a section on Takara's site about their VOTOMS lineup showing each on and their respective release dates, updates, etc. similar to the link that Jenius posted about the Yamato's here:

I had found it about a week ago but can't seem to find it now and unfortunately did not book mark the page. Anybody have a link?

This one?

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/microman/mas_vot_top01.html

I'll say one thing, the DMZ feet have always bothered me. The regular scopedogs feet, as opposed to the turbos, seem really wide to me. It's like they couldn't get the scale right. Maybe they had issues standing up and wanted to give them a better footprint? It's just one of those things that has always bothered me. Here's a comparison between the Bandai and DMZ feet:

comparo.jpg

Looking at the OVA, the flat "toe" portion is about the same width as the front of the armor plate that hangs down over the front of the foot. Nowhere close on the DMZ's unfortunately.

Anything new from anybody? No DMZ purchases?

Having looked them over some more the feet is not the bother, its those micro-men guys. Its 2011, I cannot believe they could not do better figs for such an awesome toy.

Those figs could be overlooked if the price to get them wasn't so steep.

No news on marshy Dog concept from Yamato? or was that a fan mock-up?

Anyone have a loose Yamato Cuvie with no box or extra parts to sell for cheap?

I think it's part of Takara's plan to make the ATs at 1/18 scale... they get business from both the Votoms fans and the microman collectors. And having owned some old but well-made micromen, I feel that the micromen figs for the DMZ line could have been made better with tighter ball joints and less rubbery feel on the overall plastic and better quality pvc for the brown belt. But if it's the look of the figs that bothered you, I agree they should have used a better sculpt and less chunky exposed joints. Just keep then in the box or in the cockpit.