True, but this Shinsen version blows away the old fansub that was circulating the torrent sites. Its worth the re-download just for the improved image. I took a look at their web site and theres no mention of the other OVAs (other than somebody asking that very question on their forums).

I concur, its definitely worth the re-download to replace the old fansub.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought the CMS Corp fig of the grey space-dog and was really disappointed... cheap feeling plastic and the ball joints all have studs on them to help stay in positions, but all that translates to is having to take the parts off and reattach then in new poses. I don't know if the Calamity Dogs you want have this same problem tho.

Does anyone have any of Cm's Blue Knight Berserga figures? I know they're roughly above 5 inches tall (15cm?) Are they any better than the max factory ones in terms of articulation and design? I wanted this set.

Hey Folks! Im new here, and i have to say, great board!

The Calamity Dogs......they suck, like every other CMS AT! I own the Testa-Rossa, the Berserga and the Calamity Dogs. I dont get it, why do they use this cheap plastic? i mean, i paid 50 fu**ing $ for my Testa-Rossa (yeah, i knew that this toy is a joke, but damn, this mecha-design is one of the best i have ever seen! The day this beast arrived, i was so damn happy! at first it looked not that bad. So i tried to get this mech in a great pose... and what happened? i moved the legs and the right one broke (because of this studs)! DAMN! Well, these Calamity Dogs are actually one of the better CMS ATs. Of course, the plastic is still cheap and they have hardly any details (the paint job looks a little bit cheap imo), but they dont fall apart like other figs. Sadly, cms is the only company who produces articulated Ats from the blue knight berserga story (besides Kotobukya, but they only made this small Gashapons who are still 1000 times better than the cms toys!). The Calamity Dogs dont have these studs on the ball joints, like the Testa-Rossa, so you can move every joint. I got my dogs for 5 $ on ebay, the seller forgot to write "Votoms" in the article description, hehe. So if u only want to display them, dont buy these figs. They are not worth their money...

Does anyone here owns the Blue Knight Berserga novels? It seems like its impossible to find detailed infos about this manga. I looked for ours in the internet and i only found some nice pictures. I found the radio drama on a japanese site (but i actually dont understand japanese..). Would be awesome, if anyone could tell something about the story... looks like an awesome manga!

Edited by BLueHerb

I know that you guys are talking about CMs and Yamoto's Votoms toy here. But I recently build the 1/20 Bandai Scopedog model-kit. I find the kit is so good -MG quality, so details, good size and easy to build...and 'cheap' too! :lol:

Just wish they will release some different models.

• 3 weeks later...

of all the big ones like macross, mospeada, gundam...

Votoms storyline is so different and versatile. It was way out of my expectations!

Lol probably the most violent of all in 1983... in some rare cases women and children getting killed.

I'm suprised Chirico had a dark past he may well been a butcher as member of the red shoulder participating holocaust.^^

Though watching the kumen series reminds me alot of the movie "Apocalipse now".

yeah I like it! It's dark and down to earth!

After that, Merowlink as dessert! (awesome anti-AT rifle concept)

Edited by Kin

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! It's been a while, but I just watched nearly every Votoms related show I could get my hands on. I gotta say, I really liked nearly all of it. Usually it's hard for me to go back and watch a cartoon series, but this was one of the few exceptions. I've only got one problem: I have no idea what's going on in Shining Heresy. I don't speak a word of japanese, and based on the events in the series, I really want to know exactly what happened. So if anyone could link me to a summary or give me a rundown, that'd be excellent.

Also, I'm still on the hunt for Map-03 Vanila with parts, so if you wanna sell or trade, then I wanna buy.

Here's hoping they do more updates like Pailsen Files in the new style, much better for mecha combat. :)

scopedog

I'm thinking about buying one of these, Does anybody have one who could tell me about it? I don't really know much about Votoms, But I think the mecha are awesome.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I didn't know if I could post a Takara toy in they toy forums. I figured it'd be ok because I want to know about the series too. I saw the opening theme for the show on youtube, and thought it was great. Coments on the series? Anything you want to tell me?

I searched for old threads most looked pretty short or old.

Funny thing you mentioned this because I just purchased this one.

They look kind of cool and the story is nice but who cares cause the mecha kicks ass

Here is the link to the one I purchased

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT78389

only thing I hate about HLJ is that they take a really long time to process your order.

I purchased the VF-25 Luca fast pack and I am still waiting for an answer! on the shippig its been a month

Haha, I've had mine for three years now. As has been repeated many times in this thread: Yes, Votoms is sweet.

I also have MAP-02, and MAP-03 on the way thanks to samurai_m. What I want to know is what happened to this line? It seemed to be doing well, and I couldn't wait for more AT's and add-on packs. I would love a standing tortoise, a fatty and their variants. I'd even love more micromen show characters.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for quasi necro but does anyone know for sure if the Takara/Tomy Votoms AG line has been canceled? The official site is still up but there have been no new releases and I haven't even seen or found the AG-N 04 Scopedog Merukia colour anywhere which was supposedly released when the AG-N 03 was (which I have).

Ir's really tough to say at this point... it seems for the most part that all the VOTOMS lines that were kicking died out within the last year... we've seen nothing from Yamato since the Turbo Custom and the RC fig, no new DMZs, and really no new plamaodels from Bandai that I know of since the Fatty's... the Actic Gear line is probably just as dead. Sucks too, since the Actic Gear line was the only one with good variety besides Scopedog variants, even if the toys were ass.

Oh hey promethuem5, you post on INVINCIBLE BBS also right?

I actually liked the AGs the best for their diorama/play value especially because of the in scale support vehicles. The biggest bummer is that I jumped in to the line a little late so I missed a lot of the sets. As cool as the Next series was feature wise maybe the cost was a bit too prohibitive and that's what's led to this (well besides the shitty economy). Guess I'll just never manage to collect all the data cards I managed to score the binder for B))

• 5 months later...

Hate to resurrect and old thread, but has anyone ever bought a DMZ-5 Turbo Custom Scopedog with a missing lens on one of the eyes? This isn't normal, is it? Before opening up the package to look for the lens and potentially forfeiting the ability to return the product, I'd like to find out if there are other board members who've had a similar experience. Thanks.

Hate to resurrect and old thread, but has anyone ever bought a DMZ-5 Turbo Custom Scopedog with a missing lens on one of the eyes? This isn't normal, is it? Before opening up the package to look for the lens and potentially forfeiting the ability to return the product, I'd like to find out if there are other board members who've had a similar experience. Thanks.

Not a lens, but my DMZ Strikedog came missing a thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished this gal about a year ago, but somehow never photographed it:

The regular pink and off-white Brutishdog has always seemed a bit boring to me, so I wanted to spice up the design with this kit. I added a two-tone pink disruptive scheme to add some interest, along with a large number of decals and some really controlled weathering to depict Fyana in her element, blowing up machines and roller-dashing rings around her enemies. If I ever get around to detailing up my Yamato 1/12 Brutishdog, I will finish it the exact same way.

Lots of pics can be seen on my site:

Brutishdog Phantom Lady Custom

bandai_brutishdog_votoms_02.png

bandai_brutishdog_votoms_07.png

Fyana surveys her targets.

bandai_brutishdog_votoms_08.png

...moves into position...

bandai_brutishdog_votoms_09.png

...And charges in!

bandai_brutishdog_votoms_11.png

Blast 'em!

bandai_brutishdog_votoms_14.png

"Gotta reload after killing everybody"

Looks really nice. It was always interesting how in Votoms dilapidated ATs were a pretty common sight. Almost made it more real when Chirico was fighting for his life in something barely holding together. In most finished products though you get these really factory clean units.

Hopefully the new animation will spur more related merchandise.

Wave 1/24 kit built up two years ago and never photographed. I used a bunch of metal replacement parts and scratchbuilt some details as well. I also redid alot of the articulation to fix the shoulders, hips, and ankles, and enable the Scopey to hold his rifle well and roller dash with style.

Longer description and more pics on my site here:

Scopedog Turbo Custom

wave_1-24_scopedog_turbo_custom_berlin_brigade_01.png

wave_1-24_scopedog_turbo_custom_berlin_brigade_03.png

wave_1-24_scopedog_turbo_custom_berlin_brigade_08.png

wave_1-24_scopedog_turbo_custom_berlin_brigade_09.png

wave_1-24_scopedog_turbo_custom_berlin_brigade_11.png

wave_1-24_scopedog_turbo_custom_berlin_brigade_23.png

Wave 1/24 kit built up two years ago and never photographed. I used a bunch of metal replacement parts and scratchbuilt some details as well. I also redid alot of the articulation to fix the shoulders, hips, and ankles, and enable the Scopey to hold his rifle well and roller dash with style.

Longer description and more pics on my site here:

Scopedog Turbo Custom

wave_1-24_scopedog_turbo_custom_berlin_brigade_01.png

Great work on both 1/24 and 1/20 model kits. ^_^

Personally, I hope Bandai will release more 1/20 Votoms models kit, they are like Master grade, great details and easy to build!