ami is now offering the B2Five Marshy and Snapping Turtle at 9280y each...

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-122364 

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-122365

Not sure how much they're gonna charge for shipping, but the shipping-fees on my amz-jp order is already bit too high for comfort...

Edited by treatment
forum formatting shenanigans

• 3 months later...

MODEROID [VOTOMS × OBSOLETE Collaboration Model Kit]
1/35 RSC Armored Trooper EXOFRAME

Presenting a new plastic model kit from a collaboration between OBSOLETE and ARMORED TROOPER VOTOMS: the 1/35 RSC Armored Trooper EXOFRAME! The EXOFRAME can be created by attaching armor to the common base frame that features 28 points of articulation. The hatch on the head can be displayed opened. A pilot figure is included. Various equipment (12.7mm rifle, 7.62mm machine gun, anti-tank rocket, missile launcher) based on modern equipment is included. Water-slide decals are included. The model is made of PS plastic.

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/10451/MODEROID+VOTOMS+OBSOLETE+Collaboration+Model+1+35+RSC+Armored+Trooper+EXOFRAME.html

b-1.jpg

622fcc485d59e2357bf4c0a247f9e7b6.jpg

b5bac1164c811f3e70373bf339649856.jpg

c0776159e9f9127a9195b5f703f8e2cc.jpg

1b797be00725cc954b6fbe5dcdb87c69.jpg

4dcb8ce17d3a7286f4e82608a2ff1e36.jpg

1aa1d1080c6a800a12cdfa494faccffd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who has Yamato's 1/12 Turbo Custom Scopedog, have the feet of your toy...leaked? :ph34r:

A few years back, I noticed what I can only describe as a gravel looking substance at the bottom of my Turbo Custom's feet.  It was dark grey, a bit sticky and seemed to be coming from inside the feet near the wheels.  As time went on, more of the stuff just appeared at the bottom of the feet.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I’m scared to see anymore posts from you. So far they’re all about disintegrating or melting collectibles. I really do feel bad for you though. I kinda figured that cloth would do that on the Patlabor ones and as far as leaking joints I hope it just needs a bit of cleaning.

have the votoms joints gotten water or other liquids in them?

On 6/7/2021 at 12:10 AM, Chet said:

For anyone who has Yamato's 1/12 Turbo Custom Scopedog, have the feet of your toy...leaked? :ph34r:

A few years back, I noticed what I can only describe as a gravel looking substance at the bottom of my Turbo Custom's feet.  It was dark grey, a bit sticky and seemed to be coming from inside the feet near the wheels.  As time went on, more of the stuff just appeared at the bottom of the feet.

Has this happened to anyone else?

The heck?

I don't have 1/12 TC, but can you provide some picture of the ooze or something?

Could be some melted plastic or lube or something that was used on it during manufacturing what, 10-12 years ago?.

I'll try to post a picture, but I'm pretty sure I threw out most of the "detritus" a while back. :lol:

On 6/9/2021 at 8:59 AM, treatment said:

The heck?

I don't have 1/12 TC, but can you provide some picture of the ooze or something?

Could be some melted plastic or lube or something that was used on it during manufacturing what, 10-12 years ago?.

Edited by Chet

• 2 weeks later...

fyi.

B2Five's MarshyDog and Snapping Turtle new release-dates from AmJ:

B2FIVE 装甲騎兵ボトムズ シリーズ マーシィドッグ ATM-09-WR 全高約135mm 塗装済み 可動フィギュア
        Sold by アマゾンジャパン合同会社
       B2FIVE 装甲騎兵ボトムズ シリーズ スナッピング タートル ATH-14-WPC 全高約155mm 塗装済み 可動フィギュア
        Sold by アマゾンジャパン合同会社

New estimated delivery date: 2021/08/03 - 2021/08/06

Edited by treatment

• 5 weeks later...

B2Five's Marshy and Snappy delayed again (at least from amz-jp):

New estimated delivery date: 2021/09/03 - 2021/09/06

Sold by アマゾンジャパン合同会社

Sold by アマゾンジャパン合同会社

Edited by treatment

I still don't trust ThreeZero's Scopedogs.  I rather buy more from Artstorm/B2Five than buy any from ThreeZero.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Are they reissuing them? Maybe just showing off previous projects? I thought for sure we'd get a red shoulder at some point.

Are you planning of buying them again despite the risks of them breaking on you again? 

Were you even able to get all your previously broken ones replaced by them and/or by your vendor?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I picked up the Votoms complete bluray collection off of a Sentai Filmworks sale on their website for $30. I have to say this is probably the best value of a boxset I have ever gotten in my life, as it looks like it has every single piece of Votoms animation ever made short of Armor Hunter Mellowlink! 

Watching all of this though I've made a kind of interesting observation. Is it ever explained how a Scopedog can operate in the vacuum of space without killing it's pilot, yet it leaks so badly in water that drowning is a very real danger even for a fully suited pilot?

1 hour ago, jenius said:

It's it the same discs/same video quality of the individual Blu rays they were putting out?

Honestly I couldn't tell you as the last time I watched the series was on U.S. Manga Corps old dvd sets before they went out of business.

It looks alright to me, then again I'm not exactly watching it on a high end 8k rez monitor either. The older stuff seems to be in SD though while the newer OVAs are HD.

Honestly I'm just happy to be able to watch most of the franchise in one place for a decent price and not pay $70-100 dollars for an out of print import dvd that may only have one or two episodes on it.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

It's it the same discs/same video quality of the individual Blu rays they were putting out?

No, they fixed the compression problems/ghosting on the first release. This alone is worth the upgrade. Unfortunately they introduced the problem of using the wrong video tag on one of the OVA's resulting in the 16:9 video being scrunched to 4:3. If your blu-ray player has variable ratio settings, this is easily fixed.

Also of note, this still predates the Japanese remastered discs that came out, so we "may" yet still get an improved release.

Edited by Keith

• 2 weeks later...

https://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1351284.html

E_TmZLXVEAAdbnO.jpeg.77a22f901ae0dcd9221262a9e9606e0a.jpeg

サンライズ作品を無料配信している公式YouTubeチャンネル「サンライズチャンネル」の登録者数が25万人を突破したことを記念し、48時間限定の特別配信が行なわれる。配信作品は視聴者投票によって選ばれた「装甲騎兵ボトムズ ザ・ラストレッドショルダー」で、9月18日の20時からプレミアム公開され、20日の19時50分に終了となる。  

チャンネル登録者数25万人突破を記念した視聴者投票は、8月18日から行なわれていたもので、ボトムズ ザ・ラストレッドショルダーのほか、「ダーティペアの大勝負 ノーランディアの謎」、「スクライドオルタレイションTAO」と「スクライドオルタレイションQUAN」、「伝説巨神イデオン 接触篇」が候補作となっていた。  

ボトムズ ザ・ラストレッドショルダーは、テレビシリーズ・ウド編とクメン編の間に位置するエピソード。ウドの街から脱出したキリコは、かつての戦友グレゴルーの誘いに応えてバカラ・シティを訪れた。グレゴルーはバイマン、ムーザとともにレッドショルダー部隊の創設者ヨラン・ペールゼンへの復讐を計画していた。

ペールゼンのもとにフィアナがいるかもしれない、そんな期待を胸にキリコは三人と行動をともにする。しかし、彼らの前には目覚めたばかりのパーフェクトソルジャー第二号、イプシロンとレッドショルダーの残党が待ちうけていた。

原案は矢立肇、原作・監督は高橋良輔。演出は加瀬充子、脚本は吉川惣司、キャラクターデザインは塩山紀生、メカニカルデザインは大河原邦男。  

本作に続くストーリーであるクメン編も、サンライズチャンネルで配信中。

Google Translate:

In commemoration of the number of subscribers of the official YouTube channel "Sunrise Channel", which distributes Sunrise works for free, has exceeded 250,000, a special distribution will be held for 48 hours only. The distribution work is "Armored Trooper Votoms The Last Red Shoulder" selected by the audience vote, and it will be released as a premium from 20:00 on September 18th, and will end at 19:50 on the 20th.  

The audience vote to commemorate the number of subscribers exceeding 250,000 has been held since August 18, and in addition to Bottoms The Last Red Shoulder, "Dirty Pair's Big Game Nolandia's Mystery", " "Scryed Alteration TAO", "Scryed Alteration QUAN", and "Legendary Giant Ideon Contact Edition" were candidates.  

Votoms The Last Red Shoulder is an episode located between the TV series Udo and Kumen. Escaping from the city of Udo, Chirico visits Baccarat City at the invitation of his former comrade Gregore. Gregore, along with Byman and Musa, planned revenge on Yoran Pailsen, the founder of the Red Shoulder unit.  

With such expectations that Fiana may be under Palesen, Kiriko acts with the three of them. But in front of them were the remnants of the newly awakened Perfect Soldier No. 2, Epsilon and Red Shoulder.  

The original plan is Hajime Yatate, and the original and director is Ryosuke Takahashi. Directed by Mitsuko Kase, written by Soji Yoshikawa, character design by Norio Shioyama, and mechanical design by Kunio Okawara.  

The story following this work, Kumen, is also being distributed on the Sunrise channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmDLyFjSutfb1MK7F6cMVSA/featured

https://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/

Edited by no3Ljm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

fyi.

seems to be end of the month, at least per my amj order:

Sold by アマゾンジャパン合同会社

Sold by アマゾンジャパン合同会社

New estimated delivery date: 2021/12/03 - 2021/12/06