1 hour ago, treatment said:

Augh!

Need to find another MAP-03 for my regular dog (dmz-01). 

My Melqy totally looks alot better with it instead of the Roundmover.

Incidentally, is the TRU exclusive-2 red-shoulder yamato a v1 or a v2, or a v1.5ish?

As luck would have it, I was literally playing with my TRU Yamato Red Shoulder+Chirico a moment ago... it's definitely V1.

22 hours ago, jenius said:

As luck would have it, I was literally playing with my TRU Yamato Red Shoulder+Chirico a moment ago... it's definitely V1.

I see.

I supposed the other TRU-exclusive (parachute-pack set) also had a v1 Red Shoulder Scopedog.

That's quite a bummer.

Maybe if I see either of these TRU-sets go down to under 8k-yen, I'll bite.  

Wishful thinking, of course...

I think I misread your question but I don't think it changes the answer. TRU exclusive 1 being Chirico + dog and TRU exclusive 2 being Parachute + dog. The second giftset looks to me like it sold in September 2005 and it looks like version 2 started in 2006. 

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I think I misread your question but I don't think it changes the answer. TRU exclusive 1 being Chirico + dog and TRU exclusive 2 being Parachute + dog. The second giftset looks to me like it sold in September 2005 and it looks like version 2 started in 2006. 

Oh, ok.

Thanks for the additional info!

I told HLJ I was shipping it back for a replacement. They said they had none in stock... so I sent them a link to their page showing they had some in stock. haha.

They said it was for another location and they would reserve one for me.

Anyway, it's packed up and ready to go back. Hope the new one isn't loosey goosey. 

Anybody looking for more Votoms info, I just posted a video review of the Yamato V1 1/12 Scopedog and an updated article on anymoon.com. I still have a long way to go before it covers all Yamato Scopedogs but it'll get there someday. It's only taken me a little less than 13 years to get this much coverage. 

15 minutes ago, jenius said:

Anybody looking for more Votoms info, I just posted a video review of the Yamato V1 1/12 Scopedog and an updated article on anymoon.com. I still have a long way to go before it covers all Yamato Scopedogs but it'll get there someday. It's only taken me a little less than 13 years to get this much coverage. 

Awesome and thank you!

Always need more VOTOMS reviews (yt and otherwise).  

Keep at it, man.  Much appreciate it.

:hail:

1 minute ago, jenius said:

Are these models or toys? Plenty of D-style models already out there.

Based on the descriptions from TagHobby, it's 'high detail figures'. Though it also says it comes with waterslide decals.

On 8/30/2017 at 1:12 AM, treatment said:

DMZ-01.

Thank you sir! ;) All the while I thought DMZ-01 and DMZ-05 (Turbo Custom) share the same green tint. Anyone knows if DMZ-01 share the same green with the Lido War set, DMZ-06? Thanks!

53 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thank you sir! ;) All the while I thought DMZ-01 and DMZ-05 (Turbo Custom) share the same green tint. Anyone knows if DMZ-01 share the same green with the Lido War set, DMZ-06? Thanks!

Jenius has a pic of the 01, 06, and 01MV side by side on his 1/18 review:

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=5915

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/DMZ-01-Scopedog-3.jpg

A couple times, over the last few years, people have asked me questions about Votoms toys but they were always in storage. In particular, someone was trying to hunt down an AG-N04 Melkia Scopedog. I recently was digging through my totes and found it as well as a Purple Bear. I would like to point out, should that person still be around and reading this thread, the Purple Bear comes with all the parts to convert it from a Purple Bear to a Melkia unit. So, rather than going nuts trying to track down an AG-N04, that person could hunt down a Purple Bear and they seem pretty easy to find. If that person still wants an AG-N04, I can't figure out where that PM came from so try me again, I have access to my Votoms toys again for the moment.

On 8/29/2017 at 7:56 PM, Big s said:

The item I most wanted from wave. Saw it on tag hobby

IMG_0452.JPG

1/35, huh?

Hopefully Bandai will do a 1/20 kit.  They already did a Converge version.

Heck! Hope Takara do a revival of their DMZ-line and produce a 1/18 Blood Sucker.  Their superb TC needs to have proper a rival AT...

On 9/2/2017 at 2:43 AM, jenius said:

A couple times, over the last few years, people have asked me questions about Votoms toys but they were always in storage. In particular, someone was trying to hunt down an AG-N04 Melkia Scopedog. I recently was digging through my totes and found it as well as a Purple Bear. I would like to point out, should that person still be around and reading this thread, the Purple Bear comes with all the parts to convert it from a Purple Bear to a Melkia unit. So, rather than going nuts trying to track down an AG-N04, that person could hunt down a Purple Bear and they seem pretty easy to find. If that person still wants an AG-N04, I can't figure out where that PM came from so try me again, I have access to my Votoms toys again for the moment.

PM Sent B))

On 8/29/2017 at 11:57 AM, jenius said:

ThreeZero says they will reimburse me for shipping so that's cool! I'll save the celebration for when my toy is back. 

I got the shoulder piece replacement a few days ago.  I can't say I'm impressed with them taking 4 weeks to ship a tiny part, but oh well. At least I'll have it as a backup and they sent it. 
My replacement from HLJ with the whole new toy is almost here. HLJ also paid for return (Already reimbursed me) and outgoing shipping. All total they are taking a pretty big hit just from shipping on 3zero's bad QA.

Welp. I'm done with threeZero now and forever.

The replacement that they sent me has a split in the left arm bicep and the socket popped out after rotating it twice.

This is pretty much scam level of bad. I've never been this pissed off at a toy company. DO NOT BUY THREEZERO. They are scam artists. It's cheap, poorly designed crap that has a nice paint job.

Send it back and get refunds now before it crumbles on your desk.

31v7G3K.jpg

XeJ6t9l.jpg

Edited by Capedbaldy

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

Is that the HLJ replacement? ThreeZero needs to put metal in their joints, especially at these prices. This doesn't make me hopeful for my for repair. 

Yes this is the second one that HLJ mailed me. Just not dealing with it anymore. Can't leave this much money tied up in a pos like this.

It will probably break in other places in a few months and I'll be fraked.

Beyond angry.