2 hours ago, treatment said:

1/48 scale is really just too tiny for any of the Votoms mecha...

Blaspheme! They're definitely not for everyone but I got mine dirt cheap and think they're a ton of fun. If they can get us those missing ones I'll be super stoked. Too bad they're not AGN but hopefully that means the price point is attractive. Take me to a preorder!

2 hours ago, Chet said:

Hope they bring back Dual Model Zwei, too.

I never even thought to dream of such things but.... that'd be amazing. Honestly though, with today's tech they could do even better at that scale so if they go that root I hope we get a full DM3.

15 minutes ago, jenius said:

I never even thought to dream of such things but.... that'd be amazing. Honestly though, with today's tech they could do even better at that scale so if they go that root I hope we get a full DM3.

You meant DMD? Dual Model Drei. ;)

But yeah, would love to see a new Votoms in 1/18 since 1/12 is too big for me. By the way, Jenius, how big are those 1/48's? Thanks!

I understand some people don't like the small toys, but the arctic gear figures pack so much detail and articulation into a tiny package. They're great for the collector with limited space and they're awesome for people who do dioramas. I always wondered if someone ever made a table top game using them as playing pieces.

Is it "Arctic Gear" or "Actic Gear"?  The Japanese katakana pronunciation is closer to the latter and even the placards spells it in English without the "r". Just wondering... was the line at one time called Arctic but now is Actic?

IMG_7958--440x320.jpg

Edited by Vifam7

20 hours ago, mechaninac said:

If Bandai ever delves into VOTOMS within their H-M R line I'll be in so much financial trouble...

Me too. I think HM-R size is perfect for Scopedogs. :rolleyes:

So how big again was 1/48 scaled Scopedog?

Edited by no3Ljm

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2017 at 5:57 PM, jenius said:

I'm going to have to review some soon... been looking for a reason to play with my votoms toys again. 

Looking forward as always for your reviews, Jenius. Let me know when you're going to open your 1/12 soon so I can ask the stickers again. ;)

And on the other news. Volks showcased their 1/24 Snapping Turtle at WonderFest 2017. I'm assuming 1/24 is a good size like a 7-8 inches figure?

gfA94XR.jpg

tFsh7BM.jpg

Their kits are getting close to bandai quality and ease of part separation. Every kit gets better. They are very impressive when seen upclose and the larger ones are very poseable and have a bit of a skeleton to build on like an mg gundam. If you ever get a chance to go to an event I recommend checking out their booth. They usually do anime expo and a few others. Their employees are very helpful and don't mind showing what's in the box. They also usually have all the kits built on display. They also have a store in or near Torrance C.A.