• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the arctic gear line is making a comeback. I don't know if they are the same 1/48 scale, but I'm very interested.

Also more wave 1/35 kits like the scopedog red shoulder custom and the one I was really hoping for, the blood sucker. I really don't think that one has ever had a plastic kit until now.

It's gonna be some great times for votoms fans with kits and toys in various scales.

Looks like the arctic gear line is making a comeback. I don't know if they are the same 1/48 scale, but I'm very interested.

Also more wave 1/35 kits like the scopedog red shoulder custom and the one I was really hoping for, the blood sucker. I really don't think that one has ever had a plastic kit until now.

It's gonna be some great times for votoms fans with kits and toys in various scales.

Any details on the new arctic gear line? I'm hoping its a continuation of the AG-N varient

I think it's the same an the agn figures in the same scale. I saw the pictures at the tag hobby site on the takara/tomy section for the hobby show. They also look like they have those same info cards. I can't read Japanese so I can't give a great rundown on all that's there, but there are pictures.

Wave also has some new 1/24 scale kits like a burglary dog and marshy dog and another scopedog variant with sitting and standing Fyana figures shown on the dengeki hobby site.

I think it's the same an the agn figures in the same scale. I saw the pictures at the tag hobby site on the takara/tomy section for the hobby show. They also look like they have those same info cards. I can't read Japanese so I can't give a great rundown on all that's there, but there are pictures.

Wave also has some new 1/24 scale kits like a burglary dog and marshy dog and another scopedog variant with sitting and standing Fyana figures shown on the dengeki hobby site.

Is this what you are referring to?

Looks like a Strikedog =) but in the AG-V variant =(

I was really hoping for a continuation of the AG-N line which had die-cast legs/feet and a painted pilot and interior. I never had the chance to get the previous releases. =(

post-10219-0-44231300-1474725208_thumb.jpg

post-10219-0-14981700-1474725320_thumb.jpg

post-10219-0-81852200-1474725323_thumb.jpg

Edited by Daedalus Punch

I did :)

Nice. Looking forward to your review on this one, Jenius. Btw, just in case you stumbled on those decal of yours, do let me know via PM. I remember messaging you before about it. ;)

CDX has a review of the preproduction version of the upcoming ScopeDog from ThreeZero:

https://youtu.be/CSM-1MjlLsU

Josh just confirmed that it's all-plastic...

edit: not sure if the forum is still messing up the urls or whatever...

That looks gorgeous. Me wants it. But my wallet says no... for now. :rolleyes:

Decals? Oh man, I've forgotten. Shoot me a reminder.

Reviving a PM, dear good sir. ;)

I'm debating if I should preorder this. Never got a Scopedog.

Me too. A 1/12 scale is really a great Votoms centerpiece figure. But, for me, it is really too big. And with that price, I was hoping to get some accessories atleast. Like Red Shoulder Custom accessory. Or interchangeable legs for Turbo Custom. :unsure:

Let's say you were 3A and you were selling a $500 scopedog, so you ran the company (this is an internal debate I was having). Since the Scopedogs are so modular which would you do:
1) Sell multiple variants that are only slightly different: (clean, weathered, red shoulder, space war (green), marshy dog, turbo custom)

or would you:
2) Sell conversion kits that comes with new legs and/or accessories?

If I made a Melkia version, I would either include a purple bear conversion kit or sell one separately.

I don't think three zero has ever dealt with diecast, so it shouldn't be a shock. They use sturdy plastic though.

Can't be worse than the yamoto designs and they had almost no diecast.

I am in for one after seeing their other robot suits from video games and such.

Edited by Capedbaldy

• 3 months later...

I really am glad they are bringing back the arctic gear line with new items. I can't wait to get that strike dog and I'm also curious about other releases. 

With this and hmr from bandai doing macross and dougram along with those new minipla trading kits, it's a great time to be a fan of classic robots.