Very impressive.

So, 40k-yen and up?

Don't think it'll be diecast, tho. Think all of ThreeZero's previous products were non-diecast/all-plastic stuff...

Really? I thought there was some diecast on some of their early releases. Anyways, I'm on the fence on this once since for sure the price range for this is around that mark. And this is just the regular plain Scopedog figure without the rest of its packs. And it's not even the Red Shoulder or the Turbo Custom. I mean, if it's going to be that price range, I wish it will includes all the packs and whatnot. And besides with that size, I don't know where to put it. Hahaha! :lol: I'm just going to wait for the actual price announcement to see if it's going to be affordable for me. For now, I'm still happy with my DMZ Scopedog. If only I could open up the legs on those to put some weight on those. Hehehe. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Wave just put the 1/35 scopedog turbo custom up for preorder as a single unit after I already bought the 4 pack, but this one has all the parts for down form and a complete cockpit and sitting pilot, and it even comes with all the weapons from the other release and all 4 primary weapons.😡

• 2 weeks later...

I was just checking out some pictures for the volks plastic 1/24 Cerberus vr maxima and I'm really liking what I'm seeing. It can do downform and has a full cockpit, but I don't see a pilot. If I can find the Testa Rosa they did a while back I may have to start picking up these volks kits.

I just got a look at the volks booth at anime expo. I saw the testa rosa, and I gotta say that that is a huge box. They have it built and on display and it's a big bastard. I don't think I can fit it in the car with the family luggage.

I also got to see the 1/35 Berzerga super execution. It doesn't look like it has a pilot figure, but it does have a full opening cockpit and it looks great. Tomorrow that's the one I'm picking up before leaving.

So I went back to the Volks booth yesterday and the same guy I talked to the the day before said they sold out an hour before I got there. He said one guy bought them all. Man I was let down, but the guy at the booth was cool enough to give me a card and a discount to negate the shipping. He also said their shop was down here in Torrance and said to stop by so I may end up getting the bigger Testa Rosa since I won't have to carry that gigantic box around the expo. Maybe I will just break down and buy one of each of their Votoms kits, Zerberus vr maxima comes out next month.

Sorry the first day we showed up when the showroom was closing and the next two days my daughters was rushing me around so she could see the booths with cosplay stuff so I was speed shopping.

They did however have all the ims Five Star Stories kits built for display as well as a bunch of dolfie, charagumin resin figures and V Lockers toys. Though the Votoms Blue Knight kits were the ones I was really excited to see. The Volks USA website has them listed finally, but the pictures don't give you an appreciation for the size, especially for that Testa Rosa

• 1 month later...

ThreeZero Store PO starts Aug 29, 2016. 9AM. HongKong Time. $450. Shipping included.

12th Scale VOTOMS ATM-09-ST Scopedog Collectible Details:

Fully-articulated 1/12th scale figure stands ~33cm/13 tall;

All finger-joints are articulated;

Can be transformed into crouching mode;

Includes the Arm Punch gimmick feature;

Pelvis joints can be adjusted vertically in 3-steps to adjust the leg length;

Articulated Turn Picks and Roller Dash wheels on each foot.

Weapons:

GAT-22 Heavy Machinegun with detachable fabric belt with barrel and stock that can be exchanged/detached to take the short barrel form;

Machinegun magazine x 3 (detachable);

Arm Punch magazine x 8 (detachable);

Arm Punch magazine holder (holds 3 Arm Punch magazines) x 2 (detachable).

Pilot Figure Specifications:

Fully-articulated pilot figure stands ~15cm/5.90 tall;

Pilot can be positioned inside Scopedogs cockpit;

Comes with Bahauser M571 Armor Magnum;

7 interchangeable hands (1 pair of fists, 1 pair of relaxed hands, and 1 pair of hands for holding control stick, one right hand for holding gun).

TK01.jpg

TK07.jpg

TK17.jpg

TK30.jpg

TK40.jpg

ThreeZero Store Exclusive Heavy Weathering Version

TK01A.jpg

TK01C.jpg

TK52.jpg

TK55.jpg

TK63.jpg

TK70.jpg

I want to have one. But with that price I wished they've included some weapon packs and Chirico's head. ;)

Regular & Weathering Photos courtesy of TagHobby.

Edited by no3ljm

Wave put up a preorder for a berserga and if I'm not mistaken it's the one from the later episodes. If wave does like their other releases this will probably be very bare bones with a release a few months later that has a pilot figure, full cockpit and can do downform. The volks berserga was also in the same scale, but I'm gonna wait on the wave version.

I think the large ones from wave are 1/24, but I could be wrong. Anyway I have never built the large wave kits, only the new 1/35 scale kits. I have seen the large ones completed and the later ones look better, I think if I'm not mistaken the old ones used old parts from takara and the later ones were original kits. The later ones have usual kit issues like seams and painting but nothing to major like old school parts not fitting.

The bandai 1/20 kits are like some of their really good mg kits with no seams anywhere that I can remember, molded completely in color, clear parts for lenses, waterslide decals and rivets individually molded. The bandai kits are very tough with the inner frame and maybe the only downside I can think of would be that they looked a bit more modern rather than anime perfect for extreme diehard fans but the details outweigh the negatives.

If we're talking about the 1/35 recent wave kits vs bandai1/20 kits then it's kinda like comparing a great mg gundam kit and a fairly good, but overpriced hg gundam kit. I do really like the 1/35 kits and wave has been picking subjects bandai and volks haven't. They so far have the rabidly dog, scopedog turbo custom and now this version of the berserga. If you want a pilot figure, and downform and full cockpit from wave you would probably pay close to sixty bucks. You could probably get a basic scope dog 1/20 from bandai for about half that. If you haven't seen the volks kits they are very Impresive looking. And they have a 1/35 berserga from the blue knight series that is about the same price as the upgraded wave kits. The testa rosa is 1/24 and extremely beautiful.

On to the which kit to buy question is a matter of price scale and series preference. Bandai hasn't put out a new kit in a long time, wave is doing some neglected designs from the show as well as the turbo custom from the last red shoulder and volks is handling the blue knight series. Although the berserga from wave and volks will probably look good together.

Very impressive.

So, 40k-yen and up?

Don't think it'll be diecast, tho. Think all of ThreeZero's previous products were non-diecast/all-plastic stuff...

Well, my guess back was a bit, uhmm, optimistic.

Actual MSRP is 49,800k-yen.

and HLJ is kind enough to offer a po-discount to lower the pricing to...

wait for it...

a supremely generous wallet-saving

5% preorder discount! :shok:

47310-yen...

http://hlj.com/product/thz92144

:bigshok:

:unknw: