• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and did a Brutish Dog review. I went ahead and sold mine for $410 shipped. Finally sold my last 1/12 votoms after owning like 5 haha.

Sold faster than I thought to an American buyer.

I didn't realize the claw on the arm is actually diecast. Pretty cool.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got the wave scope dog turbo custom 1/35 4 pack in the mail today. I haven't had time to start building and probably won't until some other projects get finished.

I did take a look inside and the parts apear to be a bit smaller than the rabidly dog, but the construction looks almost the same. The finished pictures look good, there are enough parts to build 4 fully loaded kits. There seem to be only one of each main weapon, but the accessories apear to to have enough parts to load out all 4 kits just with different primary weapons. There are also parts for 4 different characters in standing pose. The foot construction is top half bottom half instead of side to side like the rabidly dog.

Unfortunately there is no full cockpit even though the top opens up just like the standard rabidly dog and there is no downform, but there is a gimmick to bring down the extra turbo wheel thing in the back of the leg.

These will probably look really good in standing and action display, but I would have really liked them to at least have something to put inside the torso since the upper body has the joints to open up. I don't know if the seat from the premium version of the rabidly dog kit will fit this, but if it does I'm sure some one could make a copy or scratch build the rest of the inside. It does look like it has the inside side walls oddly enough.

I couldn't wait, I started clipping out some parts on the Scopedog and noticed that you have the option of a fully loaded kit or a bare bones one, but you have to drill holes in spots like the sides of the torso or the left arm If you want to put on the extra equipment. Also if you are going to fill in the seams you have a choice of parts for the shoulder. Before building this kit you have to decide if you want the equipment on or not before building it, but there are parts to build 4 kits, the only plates that aren't copied are the primary weapon runners.

• 3 weeks later...

Just compared it to some pics of my Yamato and yeah, I concur, that's a brand new mold. Absolutely insane to do a 1/12 Scopedog but hey, if this thing makes it to release I for sure will get it. I will say that the sculpt looks universally too wide from top of head to bottom of foot. It's like they took a scopedog and stretched it left to right 15% (with exception to the flaps on top of the feet, if the foot was 15% smaller the flap would be perfect). It looks like it might have double jointed elbows which would be a huge win.

ThreeZero stuff is very different from what you get from bandai or Yamcadia. Plastic feel will be very different, everything will be painted and weathered like this or even more so:

5b9269215a0c707a56196500d9cf043c.jpg

pose-ability will be decent but not amazing. it'll almost certainly come with a fully articulated in-scale pilot that has a full fabric costume and will look excellent standing up but will be incredibly fiddly to handle. it'll also cost like $400USD.

look into the threeZero Titanfall mechs for a good idea what it'll be like.

Edited by anime52k8

ThreeZero stuff is very different from what you get from bandai or Yamcadia. Plastic feel will be very different, everything will be painted and weathered like this or even more so:

pose-ability will be decent but not amazing. it'll almost certainly come with a fully articulated in-scale pilot that has a full fabric costume and will look excellent standing up but will be incredibly fiddly to handle. it'll also cost like $400USD.

look into the threeZero Titanfall mechs for a good idea what it'll be like.

Yeah, realistically speaking, this is what I am afraid of.

Though I was rather surprised by the amont of articulation on their Matrix APU that I got recently.

But I do wish they would stop making 1/12 scale fabric costume pilots. Those are always garbage tier.

Price will really depends on where you're buying from, but I guessing it'd be closer to 300USD for regular retail, and maybe 350 USD for a threezero store direct exclusive red shoulder variant

• 2 months later...

Its from Bandai and is molded similar to their Gundam kits in that all their parts more or less are what color they are supposed to be. The human figures that come with it on the other hand do require painting.

• 2 weeks later...

This one is slightly stylised to be beefier looking.

Which is the definitive large scale product line for the ATs at the moment, the Yamato or Takara Tomy ones? Either way, the Threezero one will be my first Votoms toy and I look forward to the weathering.

This one is slightly stylised to be beefier looking.

Which is the definitive large scale product line for the ATs at the moment, the Yamato or Takara Tomy ones? Either way, the Threezero one will be my first Votoms toy and I look forward to the weathering.

I think most fell out on the DMZ side but the Yamato was also very good, just lacked paint apps. It seems a good bet anyone could have nailed it with a modern second attempt. Edited by jenius