• 4 weeks later...

How long do you think it will take you to put it together?

It looks to be about the same level as a master grade gundam kit so assembling wouldn't take too long maybe 2 or 3 days. I could probly do it in a day since I'm on vacation. Keep in mind that's without painting which makes me a little discouraged given my skill level and what I've seen in this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

That looks like a true junkyard dog.

Edit - I think that's what you were going for (ie. heavily weathered) so that shouldn't be read as an insult.

It's all good 😀I know it not a insult genius . Heavily weathered votoms. 😀

Hello, everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I've recently become addicted to everything Votoms. My recent acquisitions are the v1.5/2.0 Yamato 1/12s. And I made this (thanks for the email, bong):

1502517_10152516980807194_36915531244982

I have a question for you guys. What's the difference between the latest releases like the one below and the v1.5/2.0s? From my experience, the latter ain't too bad. There's some looseness and fiddliness, to be sure, but nothing a bit of nail polish can't fix. Why are the latest releases going for 3 times or more than what the v1.5/2.0 go for?

ymt34554_0.jpg

Looks great, I think Yamato was pretty limited in the production run size for the latter relates. I paid a grip for my Odon set

Apart from rarity, would you know how The Last Red Shoulder Custom set is better than Red Shoulder v2.0? I have the latter, and it's pretty solid even with all the add ons.

Sweet looking Bacchus!

Thanks man.

Here are a few more Votoms from my collection.

10565123_10152316432372194_7744366645011

10377539_10152327868077194_7285142395164

It's really hard to say why the stand alone TC, LRS, and Odon set cost so much. They're OVA dogs so you'd think they wouldn't be worth as much as the main TV dogs but that doesn't appear to be the case. Since they are turbo customs maybe they get a little bump from being the bad@ss amongst bad@sses. I think the truth is that they're the final releases so they have the fewest production issues and by then the Votoms line was already failing for Yamato so they didn't make many and that's the biggest driver in price.

Id say they cost so much because... it sold at those prices at auction a year or so ago and that's just what secondary markets have stayed at. There just aren't enough Votoms fans to swing prices one way or another.

They are in the SEMI-sweet spot of being rare, but not being super desired outside of the small segment of Votoms fans.

Most casual Votoms fans will settle for a $150 dollar V1 IF they are going to get one.

I personally think $400 for any of them is a bit much for the toy you get. It's big, but a bit dated. However, if you're a huge fan and you like to mod and paint - I can see somebody paying that much. They can be beautiful and impressive for sure.

It's an odd piece. I think you need to be a hobby guy to full appreciate it.

Edited by Gakken85

Apart from rarity, would you know how The Last Red Shoulder Custom set is better than Red Shoulder v2.0? I have the latter, and it's pretty solid even with all the add ons.

Thanks man.

Here are a few more Votoms from my collection.

10565123_10152316432372194_7744366645011

10377539_10152327868077194_7285142395164

nice job!

• 2 weeks later...