I found this googling around:

Yamato's 1/12 brutish dog prototype. Very cool.

225168139_94008a9736.jpg?v=0

I was really pleased with all the little gimmicks on this toy. The rotating hand canon, the claw movement, and the backpack that stores the canon magazines and shoots them out. haha

Also the rubber wheels.

Edited by Gakken85

I found the link. This is pretty much the best custom VOTOM I've ever seen. One day I'd like to hire somebody that can weather like this and pay them to make one for me. It's not just paint, I think he actually etched the plastic.

I love the mud color at the bottom and the metallic finish on the guns.

I think this ia 1/8 volks kit. You really appreciate how much quality is in the Yamato version when you see how good the kits look.

http://nosutaru.fc2web.com/anime-model/AT/1-8/1-8AT/1-8tabo-kasutam.html

CIMG2532.JPG

CIMG2583.JPG

I was a little nervous picking this guy up today. I was reading the page I bought it from, and it did mention that the photos were stock photos, and that it might not be the actual product. I fully prepared myself for the eventuality that I would be picking up a "vanilla" green V1. Luck was with me, and I found my grey investigation unit waiting for me, and in great condition. The Mail away letter is a little creased, but otherwise the box and piece are in mint condition.

I decide to have some fun ! :)

I broke out my Red Shoulder Document: Origin of Ambition upgrade set and got snapping! I think the green really adds a nice splash of color. I also like the darker blue ammo hoppers from the investigation units box, as the Origin of Ambition set were a grey that match the scopedog. I used a GAT Heavy machine gun short barrel from the Weapon Set 1, as I like the shorter weapon look. I also used the foot locking parts from Weapon Set 1 to give him some extra stability, as this version is a V1.

Overall, I was quite proud of him, being a V1. He took the extra weight of the upgrade set and posed nicely. I need another red shoulder now! I guess I'll get the custom upgrade parts as it's the only weapon set I don't have.

I present:

The Odon Investigation Unit: Last green shoulder custom!!!

Full Album:

http://imgur.com/a/HDvYw

KsfvZ1Th.jpg

EoGDXV4h.jpg

SSV8zTJh.jpg

zuFXsPKh.jpg

I probably could have gotten some more dynamic poses out of ole' Chirico but I was running out of time haha.

Enjoy!

Edited by Gakken85

So far Sunsa is my favorite and Kummen has been my least favorite! haha.

I love the mysterious space feel. I bet they watched Alien or something. Also the art seems a lot better than the previous 2 chapters.

Also, wish Yamato would have made some 1/12 Fattys.

Edited by Gakken85

Sunsa has a good psychological element before they reach the planet and it has a decent storyline once they get there but both storylines grew old for me pretty quick. I loved the Kummen double-cross "I made you all follow me so you would all die with me and this country could finally march forward." Nice. Plus I liked the Vietnam-esque feel to it where Sunsa is called the dead planet for a reason.

The Kummen jungle arc is hard to top, I feel like its time to watch it again.

I like most all of it - but do not like when the 'other studio' draws Chirico all weird in the face. Chirico should look like that OUT cover above, not all weaselly.

A 1/12 desert Fatty would have been fantastic...

Kummen got pretty repetitive for me. The jungle aspect was really cool, but the whole leader of the Kummen betraying his people was never really fleshed out well enough to pay off for me.

I just wanted to see Fyana and Chicirco blow stuff up and it took forever.

I felt like they were constantly going into the jungle, then coming out, then going back in again with no real plot movement.

Also, the captain that hated Chirico more than the enemy was more annoying than interesting, almost comically so.. except when he tried to rape Fyana? wtf.

I was ready for it to conclude and move on to something else.

I feel each arc is very well done but there is always 2-3 episodes of filler/side story that are not that relevant. My favorite is probably Sunsa though. Man that show is soooo good.

I found the link. This is pretty much the best custom VOTOM I've ever seen. One day I'd like to hire somebody that can weather like this and pay them to make one for me. It's not just paint, I think he actually etched the plastic.

I love the mud color at the bottom and the metallic finish on the guns.

I think this ia 1/8 volks kit. You really appreciate how much quality is in the Yamato version when you see how good the kits look.

http://nosutaru.fc2web.com/anime-model/AT/1-8/1-8AT/1-8tabo-kasutam.html

hmmm.... now I know where Armored Core got the back weapons mounting idea from.

• 3 weeks later...

A set of the WAVE figs are back up - I still recommend these. They are pretty stunning in person, the photos do not capture it for some reason:

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-d145841639

post-8486-0-30455300-1375098304_thumb.jpg

Now - what is this? And unpainted version? For only $333?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Votoms-Chirico-QB-Fiana-Set-1-12-toy-hobby-free-shipping-Japanese-culture-new-/181184781490?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2f745cb2

Well it's just a video game and their are only so many ways to draw robots.

Votoms has been around.. 30 years :D

Kinda bummed that their won't be any new votoms stuff from wonder fest. I was hoping something would fly in under the radar.

Well it's just a video game and their are only so many ways to draw robots.

Votoms has been around.. 30 years :D

Kinda bummed that their won't be any new votoms stuff from wonder fest. I was hoping something would fly in under the radar.

There is something new - from Bizarro Land - not my first choice for something Votoms...

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-k162949352

post-8486-0-79521900-1375193096_thumb.jpg