What toy company would be your dream company for the macross brand?

Gakken85

I would have to pick Takara with their work on the Transformers Masterpiece line, and their superior scopedog work for the Votoms series.

Their quality issues seem to be heads and shoulders above what Yamato offered, and they seem to strike a perfect balance with transformations that are complex enough without being frustrating, while keeping great looking representations of the art from the shows.

Not to mention they seem to have a handle on getting toys to American audiences better than Bandai.

I would have to pick Takara with their work on the Transformers Masterpiece line, and their superior scopedog work for the Votoms series.

Their quality issues seem to be heads and shoulders above what Yamato offered, and they seem to strike a perfect balance with transformations that are complex enough without being frustrating, while keeping great looking representations of the art from the shows.

Not to mention they seem to have a handle on getting toys to American audiences better than Bandai.

If you're talking about Macross toys -- don't blame the toy companies for that.

Bandai version of 1/60th Macross TV, DYRL, Plus line - (with gimmicks in new model kit. Oh and Already-renewal version!- no multiple release)

Arcadia version of 1/60 Macross Frontier line (this sounds tough.. That detailed Cockpit sounds really nice, too)

Hot Toys 12" version of All Pilots and Characters

Hot Wheels (or Takara) version of all mini diecast collection!

ARCADIA!

Ok, ok...if not Arcadia/Yamato then I'll play the devil's advocate and go with Bandai even though I'm not a huge fan. Don't know about Takara having a better handle on getting their stuff to American audiences (I think Bandai is really good at it; see properties most of us here at MW don't care about like Power Rangers and Gundam) but this doesn't matter because of the gorilla in the room called HG. Bandai or Takara ain't gonna get past that!

Edited by xrentonx

If not Yamato then definitely Bandai.

I have a few Transformers Masterpiece toys and in my opinion they are inferior to Bandais offerings (DX Chogokin Renewal Valkyries <=> Takara tomy Masterpiece) Yeah I know paint scratching is an common issue from Bandai items but the paint jobs on some of the Sideswipe Masterpieces were just horrid. Thanks but no thanks.

And even if they could make Macross popular in the West due to HG has a sudden change of heard or would be burned out of reality with Balefire I shiver to think what Hasbro or even Toynami would do with the license.

I honestly think that Bandai would achieve the best results with the help of some external design teams. On the other hand Bandai is such a huge company that the probably never green-light projects like Yamato did with all the obscure Valkyries and color shemes.

You would probably need a small company run by fans for fans like.... Yamato :(

Bandai, Takara, Aoshima and Kotobukiya would be the ones I trust.

Kotobukiya makes great statues, but I've never seen them make anything articulated. I'm a little afraid at what their first attempt to make anything as complicated as a Valkyrie might look like.

Probably Takara before Tomy. Hasbro could have had a chance to buy out HG...

But Yamato was a wonderful company I'll always be fond of, even if it was gray market.