Tamashii Stage Act 4 stands any good for yamatos?

Gakken85

way too small....unless you buy multiple for 1 valk. but even then these stands can come loose if displayed incorrectly.

the ACT5 also has a strong ratchet base, more stable for mechs.

I would probably reccomend the Bandai Action Base 1 over this.

Yep, the action base 1 stands are easily usable for most Yamatos. It's only the really stupidly heavy and off-balance ones (the VF-17 and VF-19) that don't work from what I've seen. Those two are just terrible to mount because their balance point is so far to the rear, but the mounting point is under the far front end of the plane.

On they other hand, if you like mounting them in gerwalk and battroid, you probably wouldn't have any problems with any of them. :)

What connector part and mount location do you guys use to mount fighters? I have never tried flying planes with that stand, and would love to know how since I have a few of those stands.

Actually the connectors are a custom made part, designed by EXO here some time ago. You can order them in groups from Shapeways, and there are a couple of variations to either mount to the standard flexible tip to the action base 1's, or to mount to the main pedestal and bypass the hinge for heavier valks.

The adapters just accept the standard Yamato stand adapters that come with all their valks, so you can mount them in any mode.

As far as mounting positions, the more stable the better. I generally push the two legs of the stands as far apart as I can without letting them collapse, and use that small square add-on piece to the base to extend it. I've had a VF-1S sitting on one for a few months now, and it's solid as a rock. :)

Here's the original topic, with links to the Shapeways shop where you can buy the adapters.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37807

my main worry is the top most connector on the action base. I put 1 together recently for my HGUC Sinanju and despite having a screw, the thing felt very loose, and could easily swing either way. Do you guys have this issue>?

I'm assuming your talking action base 2 (this one: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN949845 ) in which case I've got no idea how stable they are because I've never owned one. That said, that's not the kind you want anyways. for Yamato 1/60 valks, you want these: action base 1 ( http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948217 )

I've not personally had any trouble with the hinge part at the top supporting gundam kits, although some of the heavier Yamato VF's could be a problem. That said, it doesn't really matter since Exo makes an adapter that replaces the hinge bit with a solid piece.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37807&page=2

Personally though, I'd steer clear of mounting a VF-19 or VF-17 this way. It's got nothing to do with balance and everything to do with those particular toys being frakking heavy. there's a pretty go chance they'll just collapse the stand over time even if you've got it perfectly balanced.

and getting back to the OP's question. Tamashii stage stands will absolutely NOT work for valks. none of them will. the act 4's are only meant for really light stuff like Figuarts and even then you're pushing it if you've got the whole figure up in the air supported only buy the stand. The act 5 are a bit better with a ratcheted main arm, but even those are only meant for light stuff like Robot Damashii's even something as small as a 1/60 VF-1 is pushing it. the only Macross stuff that will work with Tamashii stages are the RD VF-25's, the VF100 VF-25's and the hi metal 1/100 releases.

and getting back to the OP's question. Tamashii stage stands will absolutely NOT work for valks. none of them will. the act 4's are only meant for really light stuff like Figuarts and even then you're pushing it if you've got the whole figure up in the air supported only buy the stand. The act 5 are a bit better with a ratcheted main arm, but even those are only meant for light stuff like Robot Damashii's even something as small as a 1/60 VF-1 is pushing it. the only Macross stuff that will work with Tamashii stages are the RD VF-25's, the VF100 VF-25's and the hi metal 1/100 releases.

Ditto on this. I have a set of these I bought to display my Bandai 1/100 hi-metals with. The are nowhere near sturdy enough for 1/60th scale toys. Think 6"-ish action figure type of toys.

The one I got looks more like the Action Base 1 (same shape), but with Sinanju decals.
But good to know that the EXO's adapter replaces the whole piece.

So apart from VF-1s, are these okay for say an armored VF-25S?

Still looking around for decent stands for my VF and YF-19s

I'm assuming your talking action base 2 (this one: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN949845 ) in which case I've got no idea how stable they are because I've never owned one. That said, that's not the kind you want anyways. for Yamato 1/60 valks, you want these: action base 1 ( http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948217 )

Yep, the action base 1 stands are easily usable for most Yamatos. It's only the really stupidly heavy and off-balance ones (the VF-17 and VF-19) that don't work from what I've seen. Those two are just terrible to mount because their balance point is so far to the rear, but the mounting point is under the far front end of the plane.

On they other hand, if you like mounting them in gerwalk and battroid, you probably wouldn't have any problems with any of them. :)

For some reason I just got what you meant with that drawing you did on the other thread by reading this. Maybe I misread it, but I didn't realize that those valks were back heavy. I don't have either one so I can't test it but an extended piece should work for that.

And yeah... just to be safe, don't use anything but the Action Base 1 for the adapter pieces. And use the extra square on the base for better stability, even if you're not using any of those notches.

:lol: No trouble, but yeah, making the pieces long enough to balance out the valks like that would do two things... Make the stand adapters much more expensive, and make it really hard to use any gunpods unless you make the forward leg of the adapter pretty tall and unwieldly.

I'd really rather just make a new type of cradle adapter that would latch onto the metal backplate on the VF-19, and leave room for the gunpod. The extended adapter idea would work great for the VF-17 though, there's nothing to get in the way.

As far as the stands mounting an armored VF-25S though, are you talking about the 1/72 kits, or the 1/60 DX? There's no reason to use the kit stands for the DX, since it comes with its own, and the armored VF-25 kits came with an included action base 1, so they'd better work to support it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Gundam action base 1 stand + EXo's adapter works with 1/60 vf-1 with strike parts? If so, it can display in all three modes?

Edited by dapro