How to keep the 1/48 Backpacks up

emerson

Can't seem to keep the backpack on my 1/48 up with the FAST packs attached in battroid mode.

Also, in fighter mode, can't seem to find a way to get the arms (with FAST packs on) to lock against the legs and not drag the gunpod on the ground...

Any suggestions?

Edited by emerson

In Battroid you have to use the extra piece that goes behind the head. I found it a little tricky to get it in and some times it doesn't want to stay. Use a little force with it, so that the hatch is actually below the surface of the plane. As for the arms, the pegs should rest between the armor and the arm. If the legs are alilgned correctly this shouldn't be a problem.

Are you guys pushing in the backplate TWICE? It locks deeper than it normally does in fighter mode. Then you use the tab on the tailfin. The extra piece was pretty useless for me, but that may be because of improvements on the Hikaru 1S.

To clarify, you should not be applying 'a little force' to the backpack, only to the backplate, then slide the backpack up as normal and use the hook on the backplate to hold the backpack in place.

Ahh, ok. The extra piece works like a charm once I snap the hatch into it, below the level at which it is normally flush with the rest of the fuselage in fighter mode.

STILL can't get the arms to stay higher in fighter mode though. The instructions indicate a hole in the armor where the pegs in the leg slot into, thereby locking the arms up in a higher position, but in actuality the hole is little more than a half-formed indentation....so my arms keep slipping out of proper positioning and dragging...

Ahh, ok. The extra piece works like a charm once I snap the hatch into it, below the level at which it is normally flush with the rest of the fuselage in fighter mode.

STILL can't get the arms to stay higher in fighter mode though. The instructions indicate a hole in the armor where the pegs in the leg slot into, thereby locking the arms up in a higher position, but in actuality the hole is little more than a half-formed indentation....so my arms keep slipping out of proper positioning and dragging...

It's not tight, my arms fall out too.

It's just a design problem. No giant tab like on the 1/60s