!The Panic thread! *buying frenzy*

skullmilitia

Very nice haul Loop. Here is my measley haul...

IMG_20130329_190401_zps9aef02f9.jpg

I actually found one at a decent price. :) Now back to collecting 1/60 V2's... LOL

gotta admit... BANDAI sure hit the ball clean out of the park with that package design... :wub:

Edited by Shaorin

The first rule of Panic Club is to order first and ask questions later. Like "Why did I just spend $1500 when I need to pay rent in five days or get evicted?" and "If I get divorced does my wife get to keep half of my valkyrie collection?".

Exactly! That's what I think too :p

Well in a panic i just bought a 1/60 fire valk and sound booster for $145 and a 19S for $165. With that i bid adieu to Yamato, i have the hero valk and the S type for every series.

Where'd you find the fire valk and sound booster for that price?

Where'd you find the fire valk and sound booster for that price?

Fire valk i got for $80 from a friend. It has been stickered and has a minor cosmetic defect that cannot be seen unless you are looking for it but for 80 bucks i would gladly take it. The sound booster i got it for $65 from ebay.

you should select a VF-19S/F next; i'll blow your doors clean off...

Well I just completed my DYRL and I have been watching macross frontier lately for the 1st time and as of now is my 2nd favorite.

I know they are the most expensive collectibles but I'm gonna start eventually once my wallet gets some rest.! Lol

Well I just completed my DYRL and I have been watching macross frontier lately for the 1st time and as of now is my 2nd favorite.

I know they are the most expensive collectibles but I'm gonna start eventually once my wallet gets some rest.! Lol

Well they are re-issueing the VF-25F alto and pre orders starts on the 3rd I believe. Look at for those

Edited by VF-Zer0S

Yeah

Well they are re-issueing the VF-25F alto and pre orders starts on the 3rd I believe. Look at for those

Yeah I was glued to that thread last night but apparently it was some kind of April fools joke! Lol or something changed I dunno but I would like to start off simple with the frontier collection. We will see how long the preorders last!

i don't really care for MAC 7 at all, but it's -19S and -11C are among my top favorite Valks all the same...

Edited by Shaorin

their customer service has been top notch for me. they've responded to every email I've sent them in a timely manner and has issued me credit vouchers on a couple of occasions for a shipping mixup and cancelled orders

Looks like the VF-17D is out of stock at HKC today. Still available at Angolz for $295. Both still have the VF-17D with fast pack.

Blargh. Don't know how many times I had it in my cart this weekend.

well I hope they respond soon.. Pretty big item missing in the box. I already knew something was missing when the postman handed me a box that should contain three items and not two.

Don't fret, Kicker. They'll take care of you.

i don't really care for MAC 7 at all, but it's -19S and -11C are among my top favorite Valks all the same...

Yeah I'm with you Shaorin, I got the whole collection of macross movies/episodes and when I got to macross 7 , I was like .....ummmmmmm What in the.?!?!!?!?!?!! I could not even get thru one episode! Lol. And I tried! Just could not handle it. :) When I started my DYRL collection I was planning on collecting all the weathered editions but after my wife got me the Roy's vf-1s w/weathered Super packs I was pretty content to at least have one, but did not think it was worth getting the whole skull squadron. Besides I figured I could weather them myself after I pulled off my first Hase kit w/ MWChengs tips and tricks! I'm just trying to get a little more consistent with my airbrush before I work on my yamatos.

caved into panic and bought a used yf-21 with fastpacks on ebay. probably not the smartest thing i've done but hey that's why they call it panic. the item was advertised as a "production sample" and did not come with a box or any kind of instructions or stickers, kind of a dubious claim but the guy had 100% positive feedback and i was desperate. as far as the condition of the toy it was advertised as in close to mint condition with the only issue being the yellow fin (head laser?) being bent.

well, i received the package yesterday, and it looks like one of the tail fins broke off the hand and was glued back on. it seems like a very well done repair job as it didn't brake off again when i put the fastpacks on, but i'm pretty bummed. does it look glued on to you guys? or is it just a crack?

IMG_20130402_024342_291.jpg

another angle:

IMG_20130402_024220_231.jpg

the other side looks fine

IMG_20130402_024240_189.jpg

should i take this up with the seller? is it enough damage to file a complaint to ebay?

Edited by cyde01

well if it is a production sample, then you're kinda at your own idea of what its worth, Productions samples I've gotten in the past never seem to be perfect. It could have been glued by a Yamato employee. I'd say if you can verify it's authenticity, you have something unique. if it's just a plain jane release, I'd say complain.

well if it is a production sample, then you're kinda at your own idea of what its worth, Productions samples I've gotten in the past never seem to be perfect. It could have been glued by a Yamato employee. I'd say if you can verify it's authenticity, you have something unique. if it's just a plain jane release, I'd say complain.

how could i even tell if it were a real production sample or not?