!The Panic thread! *buying frenzy*

skullmilitia

iShop2go seems to come back with a few Yamato VF-1 in stock at normal price.

http://www.myshop2go.com/shop/products/yamato-macross---list_h---56------------------------------en.html

I don't know if the new site/shop is reliable. It previously got a bad rep here for failed to deliver many Bandai VF-25 pre-orders.

A while couple years back they stiffed me on a 1/60 v2 low vis vf-1S Roy. They also were very slow and took forever to refund my money. Never again for me....

the funny thing was, Yamato Valks had been too expensive for me for the longest time. It was only when the 30th Anniversary release of the VF-1S Perfect Transformation V2 w/ option parts that came out did I really felt it was at an affordable price. Since then, I've been buying up those I liked and were on discount. And then the whole Yamato folding happened and prices started going up again.

It's a slippery slope, but I guess I should be thankful I managed to snag most of the ones I've always wanted or designs I liked before the rise.

Still, I wouldn't mind a few more

I own a VF-1S Hi-Metal (Fokker) for some time now. Been wondering if I should get rid of it. Got it right before I started collecting Yammies and Chogokin Valks late last year.

It's alright for what it is, a small transformable Valk. It's pretty tough, but joints do feel a bit loose.

I really want to bid on an ebay US auction but the seller does not allow bidders outside the US. So disappointing. I'm sorry to say this, but that's exactly the kind of brains people who are responsible for companies that go bankrupt carry. That, and maybe the fact that i cannot bid either... LOL!

Back when I was selling a lot of LPs and 7"s on ebay, I started blocking non-us bidders b/c a lot of people were getting burned by the "I never received it" foreign post paypal scam.

I think the chances of this happening with a UK or north Europe bidder is close to 0. But still, sellers can specify regions (i don't sell often but for my items i say Europe, US and Canada only) and also require specific method, such as Express Mail International with insurance only. There are ways to work around it if it's an item that may have worldwide appeal!

Guest davidwhangchoi

WOW!!! Where did you find these at? That is a nice collection.

i got them through a private proxy guy who went to a collector's private home and obtained them for me.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

That proxy's name didn't happen to be ca7_burg1ar did it? ;)

no, who is ca7_burg1ar? is he a good proxy guy?

edit: lol, well i think he does go into private homes all the time so it's kinda a weird process to tell you the truth.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

I pop back in here after about a month and we're now into a valk black market? :p

since retails stores are running out of stock, we're turning to private home invasions.

update: My ca7_burg1ar is securing me a vf-1j mass production, will post pics when it arrives.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hi everyone.

Do you think that U$S 250 is a good price for a VF-17S?

A dealer near my house have one, and I´m planning on getting it before it´s too late....

But I want your considerations beforehand

Thanks in advance :)

no

check angloz and ebay you can get it for 180 plus shipping on angloz and 199 on ebay currently

Whoaaa... That was a quick answer !

Thanks, guys. Really.

Even so I have to mention that I live in Argentina, and shipping costs here are astronomical. Not to mention that we have to pay almost 50% in taxes if we have bad luck on that day for importing fees...

And we are so far away from everywhere that orders have to be Folded here ! Haha.

But I'll see if I can do something with the price. Really, You've helped me a lot. Thanks again, davidwangchoi and Valkyrie addict

Edit. I forgot to mention that the Vf17 is in my dealer house already, so that price already includes shipping... And I'm 10 minutes away ...ha? But I'll think about the price before doing anything....

Edited by Astro_BS-AS

Guest davidwhangchoi

Whoaaa... That was a quick answer !

Thanks, guys. Really.

Even so I have to mention that I live in Argentina, and shipping costs here are astronomical. Not to mention that we have to pay almost 50% in taxes if we bad luck on that day for importing fees...

And we are so far away from everywhere that orders have to be Folded here ! Haha.

But I'll see if I can do something with the price. Really, You've helped me a lot. Thanks again, davidwangchoi and Valkyrie addict

if you go to hk collectibles or angloz put it in the cart and you can estimate shipping charges on both sites to give you an idea if it will be less that 250 local, ok good luck!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

text

Like mentioned, get out your calculator and add to see if shipping cost to you with angolz, hkc, ebay are cheaper than your local seller, of course, there's the added cost of piece of mind with a toy at hand immediately and no wait.

I understand your situation.

I live in Panama, local post office is a black whole for anything other than letters.

Only way to make sure I get my products safely at hand is to pay a third party company that receives my packages on a private warehouse in Miami and then get it shipped here via UPS or Fedex. So I must pay for the product and shipping to Miami and then pay the overprice shipping of UPS/FEDEX to get it here in 3 days and also give the guys a little extra to keep my stuff safe and avoid added BS taxes.

What I hate the most is that Panama is the center for importing/exporting or the world thanks to the canal, but the government is so inefficient and we still can't get decent/safe EMS service. Just stupid.

So I pretty much pay around 50-90 bucks for complete shipping depending on weight/size.

more importantly, where exactly do you put it in, I never see a spot all the way up to the confirm paypal payment screen.

When you click on checkout, there's a box below the summary that says "Redeem Vouchers" and a text box where you put the code in. There must be a minimum amount because $127 wasn't enough for the code to work.