!The Panic thread! *buying frenzy*

skullmilitia

everything seems to be painted...

only way to know for sure is to compare to a regular out of the box version.

Generally speaking, production samples are usually just not very detailed, body still has paint apps,

but smaller details are left out, and general there is no tampo stamp.

I've had many different companies samples in hand, they are all different, but those two are the normal

things left out on samples. broken pieces are usual, as it may be a early sample, that shows work needed on a specific area.

seller messaged me back. apparently he got it from graham lol. he even linked the thread where graham put it up for sale. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35437 i guess it's legit.

You just got yourself a little piece of Yamato history there then. :D Grats on a nice find!

Edited by Chronocidal

everything seems to be painted...

From your pictures, the toy is molded in color like all other commercial toys that we are getting.

seller messaged me back. apparently he got it from graham lol. he even linked the thread where graham put it up for sale. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35437 i guess it's legit.

I think this is more like a mass production sample given to Graham by Yamato back then. I don't think it's a pre-production sample, needless to say it's definitely not the painted prototype that we see on box art for advertisement.

9 VF-22s? WOW!!

Anyway, so, I contacted Angolz and inquire about a recent restock they had. Here's what they answered:

Thanks for your email. We are getting our stock from Hong Kong's authorized distributor of Yamato. We have been trying to contact the CEO of the company, but they are not very responsive. And from the news till now the new company is probably going to produce something else other then the Macross series. Thanks and regards,Shantae ChiuAngolz Help Department

Doesn't look good.

I've been on a VF-22 / YF-21 binge O_o

all 3 VF-22's off ebay for less than 130 shipped each, then another pair of Max / Milia off of MW-world for 125 shipped each, then a 1/60 YF-21 1st release off MW-world for 165 shipped....

Considering raiding ANGOLZ to get more Gamlins for customizing

I guess VF-22 fans got it easy because the demand is so low for these that they are like 100 bucks off retail 3 years after release

Edited by Duymon

9 VF-22's or 1 VF-22 and 8 other various toys?

22s only lmao. Have got a few YF-21s as well and more gamlins incoming.

I want a squadron, and their unpopularity is making it easier.

However if Arcadia starts making a renewal/version 3 i'm going to be sooooooooooooo broke.

I've been on a VF-21 / YF-21 binge O_o

all 3 VF-22's off ebay for less than 130 shipped each, then another pair of Max / Milia off of MW-world for 125 shipped each, then a 1/60 YF-21 1st release off MW-world for 165 shipped....

Considering raiding ANGOLZ to get more Gamlins for customizing

I guess VF-22 fans got it easy because the demand is so low for these that they are like 100 bucks off retail 3 years after release

/sturmvogel5, it's been lonely...

Edited by raptormesh

22s only lmao. Have got a few YF-21s as well and more gamlins incoming.

I want a squadron, and their unpopularity is making it easier.

However if Arcadia starts making a renewal/version 3 i'm going to be sooooooooooooo broke.

/sturmvogel5, it's been lonely...

/sturmvogel5 back

I know right? I've got 9 and more coming.

Pics of the fleet?

9 VF-22s? WOW!!

Anyway, so, I contacted Angolz and inquire about a recent restock they had. Here's what they answered:

Doesn't look good.

"From the news?" Unless the distributors know something and told Angolz directly we've already been told that no news is potentially good news in this case.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Wow, how did you even manage to track it down?

yeah and how do you use yahoo jpn? i've been looking for a low viz for so long

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just use rinkya to search for stuff on yahoo JPN's auctions and kuboten to bid for me (its actually much cheaper than rinkya).

thanks!

Pics of the fleet?

"From the news?" Unless the distributors know something and told Angolz directly we've already been told that no news is potentially good news in this case.

Sadly they are mostly in storage until I find a proper place to display them. Planning to create a decently size tarmac diorama.

Yeah, but you need to know that those are old stock photos, so the seller might not even have those valks on hand. Once someone places a bid on it then they go out and find these valks from local shops.

I am actually a little cautious when buying off EBay when only stock photos are used, not to mention when dealing in pricey items!

Actually, even Angolz apply these method as their warehouse is in the same building as my friend's and I have seen some of their employees doing bulk buys from local toy shops!

Edited by Valk009