1/60 VF-1 version 3?

Benbot

That would interfere with the cockpit removal gimmick however.

If they wanted to retain it they certainly could... I don't know that anyone would care if they did. In order to retain it you just have to have the cockpit separate at a different point.

Number one desire would be for the intake covers to be integrated in, sort of like the heat shield. I'd also like to see a hinged nose cone (sort of like the Masterpiece Seekers) and movable flaps again. Better folding side panels to emulate the option parts.

Agreed, it's a minor gripe, but I think it's even more noticeable in battroid mode where the tops of the folded fins are supposed to be visible but are always just a little too low on Yamato's offerings. Minor though indeed.

I'm not CAD guy but I was trying to sketch this out once. My thought was that you do have the heat shield stored very similar to where it is now but you have it connected to the back of the nosecone rather than the bottom of the chest. Then, during transformation, you would do something more akin to the VF-11 by recessing the canopy ever so slightly and sliding down the heat shield. I think this also would be more anime accurate but I haven't watched the show in a while so I may be mistaken.

This is how it works in the show:

post-12283-0-99372100-1364018515_thumb.jpg

If they wanted to retain it they certainly could... I don't know that anyone would care if they did. In order to retain it you just have to have the cockpit separate at a different point.

...or simply remove the heat shield.

I wonder, is there any reason for a 1/60 VF-1 version 3 to exist? What could or should be improved from the Yamato v2?

I say yes there are still a lot of reasons for a renewal version for the 1/60 VF-1 to keep going for a perfect transformation, for example Bandai is now going to give us looking type of hydraulic pistons for leg delivery panels and retracting wings for battroide mode just some points of their 1/72 model kit VF-1.

It’s like from now on any newer VF-1 would that’s trying to go for perfect transformation would have to involve a leg delivery panel, and
swing bars are thing of the past.

I know this may seem ridicules, bum and stupid, but can a lipstick help inspired in the advance for a perfect transformation of a VF-1
like the intake covers retraction and hand extraction with it hand cover retraction.

All most taking on any container engineering with retractable lid for lipstick will make them parts of the vf-1 function like they supposed to, and help the way for a perfect transformation.

post-15310-0-78329100-1364018247_thumb.png post-15310-0-96091400-1364018275_thumb.png post-15310-0-53998100-1364018331_thumb.png

What do you guys think will in work for the VF-1?

I agree with one of the aboves, swing open nose cone, and wing flaps would make me buy them all.

Plus I really wouldn't mind some real world repaints, a Low-Viz version but with the F-22 Stealth paint or some straight

up repaints of actual Livery's like ...

sundowners

f14-squadron-vf111-01.jpg

Evaluators

f14-squadron-vx04-02.jpg

I think that would be a welcomed repaint line, and give a trully nice farewell to the tomcat, the inspiration of the VF-1

A V3? hmm...the V2 is already so good in so many ways .....BUT...sure it can be improved. Lets look at the weak spots? Owing to its transformation, it has no waist or ab joint and limited mobility in his lips ( i mean we never saw a vf-1 do a sidekick but it'd be nice if it could if it wanted to). I think both are possible by going with a non swingbar still of hip. By doing not having the swing bar the waist and ab joints become immediately doable. the hips may still be a stretch. other than the posability weakness, there are a couple line art issues (jenius mentioned them but i'm not a stickler for it because i think the backpack and head location is fine). Other than that, we can add more gimmicks and more details. I'd prefer if they could do this in a 1/60 scale and keep mostly the same aesthetics as I woudln't rebuy the whole line now that i'm like 15+ valks deep into V2. lol. so in summary, my wish list would be

1. improved articulation in the mid section by improving transformation scheme.

2. line art tweeks

3. more gimmicks and details (transformation pistons, radar dishes, builit in perfect TFing option parts, wing flaps were all mentioned but i'm sure there i s more)

4. all that while keeping the aesthetics similar enough where a mixed collection doesn't look silly.

that said, they can take their time....i'm still totally enjoying this V2 line of 2008-2013. :-)