1/60 VF-1 version 3?

Benbot

Some of these are bit out there, but here's my list:

I don't know if I'd consider it an improvement per se, but I think an interesting engineering challenge would be to figure out transformation to mimic the original line art designs and animation. Basically, it would amount to figuring out a way to get the legs to swing out and attach to the nosecone that doesn't require the current metal swing bar, or the old Takatoku-style mechanism, and still allows for free, ball-jointed movement of the hips. This would more closely mimic the anime design, where there were pistons that pushed the legs out from the body to attach to the nosecone. This would also enable you to transform from fighter directly to battroid without having to pass through gerwalk mode.

I think that Bandai's shoulder transformation mechanism for the Hi-Metal series is superior to Yamato's design, as it places less stress on the plastic parts, and would love to see something similar incorporated into a future design. Even with Yamato's newer, improved shoulders, I'm always a little scared of applying too much pressure to the plastic when rotating the shoulders over that little bump.

Another one in the area of engineering challenge: figure out a way to integrate all the option parts, including getting the pilot seat to elevate out of the battroid's neck. That would probably require an increase in scale.

A minor cosmetic improvement would be to cover up the screw holes, though I'm not sure how you would do that without creating a bunch of little pieces that might fall out.

One thing that I liked from the old Takatokus was how the wings would click slightly when they were adjusted. I'd like to see this return in the modern designs.

I'd like to see stronger plastic in the shoulder and backpack hinges. even though they improved in v2 I still don't have confidence in them. I'd also like to see metal used for the feet, vent covers, head lasers and backpack thrusters?

Other than materials, I'm pretty happy with the v2. And maybe poseable pilots ?? I do hope they stay in 1/60 scale though to be compatible with my other lines. Honestly tho, the VF-1 line is the largest part of my collection and it would suck to re-collect them again.

Another one in the area of engineering challenge: figure out a way to integrate all the option parts, including getting the pilot seat to elevate out of the battroid's neck. That would probably require an increase in scale

NB4M has done this

How about having a small LED in the head piece or small LEDs for the landing lights, navigation lights and strobe. Or just make 1/48 non-transforming valks with lights and all out details!

This has already been done as well.

The line is dead, the line is dead.

more 1/100 scale toys....?

I am quite a huge nut for that scale...mostly because of my wallet/display space though.

but staying on topic, the unique designs of the hi metal could be intergrated to the V2 for a better toy, shoulders, hips, maybe also the ankle movement? a question would be how to make that joint stiff on such a huge toy though.

Edited by GXPT2000

There are some seriously unimaginative people on these boards! Here's my wish list (ignoring my thought that the whole universe needs to get remade in 1/72):

1) Proper transformation. I would make it so the nosecone houses a rod that folds out (rather than that rod being attached to the intake). The legs would then swing down on arms open up around intake, pinch the pole, then the arms the legs swung on could fold back around and be used for side covers in battroid.

2) Reduce or eliminate the priest collar

3) I haven't worked this out but it'd be nice if the heatshield wasn't affixed to the chest so a point of articulation could be added to allow the nosecone to jut forward in battroid mode as seen in some of the more stylized art

4) Put the backpack in the right place in fighter and battroid modes

5) Better range of motion in some of the joints. If you do the proper transformation you could also add a waist joint

6) Gun strap (probably too small of a scale to have it retract back into the gun though) :(

7) Intake covers you don't have to remove (again, probably would need a 1/48 V2, not a new 1/60 for that)

Edited by jenius

back to 1/48, forget going smaller, Forget that completely!

I want bigger, hell give me a 1/18th scale Super VF-1S, and then you can go out of business.

sure.. Just make the frakking boxes smaller.

There are some seriously unimaginative people on these boards! Here's my wish list (ignoring my thought that the whole universe needs to get remade in 1/72):

4) Put the backpack in the right place in fighter and battroid modes

What's wrong with where the backpack is now?

3) I haven't worked this out but it'd be nice if the heatshield wasn't affixed to the chest so a point of articulation could be added to allow the nosecone to jut forward in battroid mode as seen in some of the more stylized art

5) Better range of motion in some of the joints. If you do the proper transformation you could also add a waist joint

++ on those if they want to me buy more VF-1 at 1:48 or 1:60 the articulation need to be significantly improved. 1:48 already had very limited waist joint. If the nosecone can move forward in battroid mode it would also solve the problem with the wings restricting the movement of the legs. The shoulder joints need to be able to pint the arms to 90 degree to the side, and not restricted by the wings in gerwalk mode. Edited by CF18

Not far enough back in fighter mode or far enough up in battroid mode. It seemed to be a personal preference thing for Yamato as they got in wrong on all three of their efforts.

That's a minor gripe in Fighter mode IMO, I really don't see how it's all that far off in Battroid personally. With Yamato's fancier approaches to things on their latest toys I'd imagine they would have had a far easier time making the VF-1 closer to perfect now, however.

I'm not sure there's any possible way to make the heat shield attach anyplace else

That's a minor gripe in Fighter mode IMO, I really don't see how it's all that far off in Battroid personally. With Yamato's fancier approaches to things on their latest toys I'd imagine they would have had a far easier time making the VF-1 closer to perfect now, however.

I'm not sure there's any possible way to make the heat shield attach anyplace else

Agreed, it's a minor gripe, but I think it's even more noticeable in battroid mode where the tops of the folded fins are supposed to be visible but are always just a little too low on Yamato's offerings. Minor though indeed.

I'm not CAD guy but I was trying to sketch this out once. My thought was that you do have the heat shield stored very similar to where it is now but you have it connected to the back of the nosecone rather than the bottom of the chest. Then, during transformation, you would do something more akin to the VF-11 by recessing the canopy ever so slightly and sliding down the heat shield. I think this also would be more anime accurate but I haven't watched the show in a while so I may be mistaken.

i would re-buy my entire collection even if all they do is shrink the v2 1/60 down to 1/72 but keeping PT and gimmicks

bonus if they add working navlights and afterburners. they should check out what Tomytech is doing in their Gimix line eg. F-14 with working jet propulsion and lighting afterburners in 144!

also on my wishlist is a new line in 144, non-transforming, basic articulation. the CMs 144 valks were good, but still short of the F-Toys Star Wars, and we never got the gerwalks, nor battroids, nor enemy mechs.

i've been trying to resist, but i fear i will inevitably be a train otaku. recently, i've bought quite a number of N-scale (1/150) buildings and vehicles and couldn't help but dream of Regults rampaging on the streets.

How did we get from (although it's not official yet) "yamato went bankrupt, oh no, no more 1/60 VF's" to "the desire of a 1/60 VF-1 version 3"????

Arcadia should start with 1/60 v2 Enigma, Blue Roses, Minmay Guard!!

Agreed, it's a minor gripe, but I think it's even more noticeable in battroid mode where the tops of the folded fins are supposed to be visible but are always just a little too low on Yamato's offerings. Minor though indeed.

I'm not CAD guy but I was trying to sketch this out once. My thought was that you do have the heat shield stored very similar to where it is now but you have it connected to the back of the nosecone rather than the bottom of the chest. Then, during transformation, you would do something more akin to the VF-11 by recessing the canopy ever so slightly and sliding down the heat shield. I think this also would be more anime accurate but I haven't watched the show in a while so I may be mistaken.

That would interfere with the cockpit removal gimmick however.

How did we get from (although it's not official yet) "yamato went bankrupt, oh no, no more 1/60 VF's" to "the desire of a 1/60 VF-1 version 3"????

Arcadia should start with 1/60 v2 Enigma, Blue Roses, Minmay Guard!!

I believe the prices in Japan are actually raising, so I guess lots of people are afraid of them to stop making more valks.

I wouldn't be too afraid of it, since some Yamato products are still scheduled for sale under Arcadia. And even if Yamato doesn't make more, someone still might pick up the market of 1/60 valks and expand it.

Edited by GXPT2000