Dimis

Hi guys,

Anyone who owns this since 2010, how is it holding up? For a brand new one i would have to spend serious money so i'm hoping someone can deter me... :-P. Is the skull white plastic prone to yellowing?

PS. I never wanted a VF-11c until i realized it was going to be even harder now getting one = macross collector's logic!

D

• 3 weeks later...

I have three 11C's. I bought one first thing when it was released and there hasn't been any yellowing. They're pretty cool though the age of the engineering is showing in spots like arm articulation. They look good in all three modes.

It's the only cool M7 valk :D. Can't beat those clean simple lines imo. Not to mention the space shuttle look with the super packs.

You can find them on Japanese auction sites, but after fees you'll probably pay 300+

Also, the one I bought recently shows no signs of yellowing. I think they only yellow if you leave them in direct sunlight for long periods of time.

Edited by Gakken85

It's kinda funny how the VF-11C was just cannon fodder in M7, but the figure is highly sought after.

It really wasn't that sought after until just recently. They even knocked the price down pretty cheap ($120) at HLJ a few years ago. That's when I decided to grab two more after paying full price for the initial release.

I'm also decidedly more weird as I don't put the packs on them at all.

Edited by Mommar

I always wanted at least 2 of these but was never willing to pay MSRP... much less madness prices. Must have missed that HLJ sale. :(

Edited by Uxi

Yeah, great toy. My only minor complaint is that the gunpod doesn't really sit straight in fighter mode. It really could have used a front attachment point as well as the rear attachment.

I wish Yamato would have released the atmospheric FAST packs used in operation Stargazer and also the radome that is seen a couple of times in the series.

And of course the holy grail, the Full Armour!

Graham

Hmmm, slightly outdated by now. At the time of release, it was the best VF thus far [maybe competing with the then decent YF21].

Now, too many things irk me on it. While I like both schemes a lot for different reasons, I can't get over the pink line on the back of the head on the C.

Mine is not the blinding white of the tv versions of the vf-1's. I have it next to both my vf-1s DYRL and vf-1s tv version. I would say its a shade or two whiter than the DYRL version of the vf-1s. I really love the fighter mode on that one, and I also dont put the fast packs on it. Great toy. crazy that its a collectors item now.

• 1 month later...

Im just ging to use this topic rather than start another:

Any tips on repairing the heat shield? the bottom on mine simply will not lock into place on battroid. i have no trouble with it on my 11B, but on the C it just refuses to lock. I never feel that' Click.

Anyopne taken the nose apart or anything to fix anything up front? If so, how id it go?

I don't know about taking the nose apart, but for the cases I couldn't get it to lock, I would just remove the cockpit, and use the space to pull it up, then slip the cockpit back in underneath it. Never had trouble locking it that way, even if it was really stiff.

If it still won't lock with that kind of direct pulling though, maybe leaving the cockpit out will give you enough room to see why it won't lock? It's a pretty simple mechanism, but it could be some mold excess or something keeping it from working correctly.

Edited by Chronocidal

how do u have room to slip the cockpit back in with the bottom extended?

edit: Looking at it with the cockpit out, and comparing it to my 1B, i can see there is a small tab at the bottom of the shield that get to the edge and is suppose to come over it, locking it in place. Mine will not clear that gap, no matter how much force I apply. Ive even used tweezers (Which has chewed up the heat shield a bit) and i STILL cant get the tab over the lock part. if u se to much more force Im going to break something. Possibly me.

Excess Mold flash might be the cause, Im not sure. If it is, the only way to get in there would be dis-assembly.

Edited by Scream Man