Nobunaga the Fool - New Kawamori project

Tochiro

I am afraid of the second coming of the big failure of "Basquash!"

I liked Basquash!

Sci-fi Sengoku period? Sounds kinda like what Southern Cross was supposed to be before the toy sponsors demanded a change to transforming futuristic mecha.

Samurai 7 feelings?

I liked Basquash!

Its average BD sales was only 450... No one count the piracy, OK?
2 news.
"Anyamaru Tantei Kirumin Zoo" the movie will be screened in Korea. But the words on that billboard are written in Japanese. Hmm.
"Satelight Anime Night" will be broadcast on Niconico live from 21:30 today (JST). About 3 hours after. There are somethings new?

I went to Tokyo International Anime Fair (TAF) and watched the talk show of AKB0048 at the Satelight booth. I heard Kawamori-san would appear the show on the Niconico live yesterday.
post-14942-0-81877500-1364042569_thumb.jpg
He introduced the climax scenes about the AKB anime mainly, and said about MF a little; he had used amateurs as a VA before, but in the AKB anime, he should handle with 9 amateurs simultaneously, so it was a hard work.
Well, there were nothing new about the next works.
He designed a new robot about a Subaru car. Like Nissan DUALIS.
post-14942-0-48531000-1364042611_thumb.jpg

The Alexander (new KMF) from Code Geass: Akito the Exiled???
bandai-gp130210L.jpg

• 7 months later...

New Kawamori mecha? FUDGE YES! I can't wait to discuss this with mecha ta- Oh yeah. :(

In all seriousness, how could I not look forward to something made by one of the anime masters? That reminds me, I really should get around to seeing Planet Kissdum or whatever it is called and that pop idol junk you guys are talking about here.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

I'll check it out for sure when it comes out. The premise is...interesting to say the least.

Only downside I see is that any hypothetical new Macross project just got pushed out further into the future.

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone interested here's the first PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7PHeuOizwE

Skip to 2:20 if you just want to see the PV

After watching this I think I'll definitely give it a shot, It will start airing in January 5th 1:35 am

Well to be honest it looks generic as hell, and the cgi doesn't look like it blends well, but I'll give it a shot too.

• 3 weeks later...

yay!! I cannot wait anymore for this. The mix of Kazuki Yone´s designs with Kawamori´s unique imagination, PLUS Mamoru Miyano and Yuiichi Nakamura´s voices among the cast, with elements that remind me so much of Escaflowne (look at those mechas!) omg... seriously... I think this is going to be a blast (and not only for women who love bishies :D)

here is a longer trailer:

http://youtu.be/ARFSndmskA8

Edited by nel2012

Considering Kawamori and Satelight had nothing to do with VVV, this seems link not a valid fear.

Devilgundam said something random and inconsequential you say?

Back on topic, already in my crunchyroll queue.

I just finished watching the first episode and really liked what I saw.

Sci-fi Sengoku period? Sounds kinda like what Southern Cross was supposed to be before the toy sponsors demanded a change to transforming futuristic mecha.

It's actually a mix of that plus a few European historical figures such as Leonardo Da Vinci, Ferdinand Magellan, and Joan (Jeanne, since they're using her French name) of Arc (who's the female lead of the series).

I will watch the 1st episode later. It was aired last night in Tokyo.

TBH, I could go to the preview of this anime last December, but didn't. After the lottery of its ticket on the Net, so many spam mails have been sent to me...

Just a coincidence, but there are 2 animes referring to Oda Nobunaga in this season. This one and NOBUNAGUN.

I watched the 1st episode. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

"Jeanne KAGUYA D'Arc"... Jeanne D'Arc was a real person, but Kaguyahime is not.

It seems that no in-depth historical knowledge is needed, and it is a weird story, as always...

MF might be an exception of Kawamori's works.

I think the mecha anime fans would be interested in it. His fans who enjoyed Aquarion EVOL may enjoy watching it.

Well, you decide.