I'm all for some updates to a classic design. But I ran across a movie version Starscream image the other day and felt ill.

This kind of robot / mecha design 'modernization' for shock sake is garbage, and irresponsible IMO. Update and tweak, yes -- improve on a classic, yes -- but this warp and distort because you think the current generation is at attention-burnout just sucks ( imo ).

The Ingram lego version is no better. Makes me cringe...

post-8486-0-03665500-1373397480_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

After looking at the clearer pictures, I'm quite impressed with this live action version of the Ingram. They didn't screw with the original design too much, a bit more sharp angles and panel lines, but it looks pretty good. So Bandai where's the SOC or SRC? Send in the toys!

Yeah. Better than the promo photo, but a bunch of useless greeblies added on for no discernible effect.

The thing I always loved about the Ingram design was that it was visually smooth and sleek, which separated it from the work-a-day labors it was built to contend with, as well as the military labors and then the ultra-sleek and stylish Griffon.

It just looked like it was designed in mind with the knowledge that it had to be functional, but was also going to be the very visible face of which ever police departments were using it.

This? "Let's throw giant lug nuts on the shoulder... just because."

<_<

Give me a new animated movie, please. This time focusing on Section 2, unlike WXIII (which was well-animated, but only really Patlabor by the inclusion of Section 2 in a few key action scenes).

Give me a new animated movie, please. This time focusing on Section 2, unlike WXIII (which was well-animated, but only really Patlabor by the inclusion of Section 2 in a few key action scenes).

THIS - New animated movie all about Section 2 with lots of Labor action this time...

• 2 weeks later...

It seems by the images provided, that everything surrounding the Labor's themselves looks fairly cheap or rustic. I like that since it's keeping with the spirit of the series itself.

I need to see Ohta's revolver!

Since they've dubbed it "Next Generation", I wonder if it's a continuation of the movie or TV timeline and this labor we're seeing is not the original Ingram but a newer model.

Note the stun stick/baton is now stored on the side of the shield instead of under it.