Funniest Macross Moment?

Zoroastres

Too close to home for me! I do understand you Doctor.
Maybe not the crazy outfit though. I don't understand that.

Maybe not the funniest moment in Macross, but it always makes me grin:
exedore_zpsf239be78.jpg

Exsedol, from your lower perspective for viewing the hologram.... that's not the culture in your genes being awakened, that's something else being awakened.

↑THIS! I've seen that scene played to a packed cinema and everyone cracked themselves up. And the fact that Sho Hayami himself was there made it all the more hilarious :-)

Lol epic stuff + the man himself there! Another one of my favourite funniest moments is this:

http://frakkyeahmacross.tumblr.com/post/45832869093/unicron004-rude-awakening-by-basara-himself

I just found a new one... never in a series but... XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7cUC4qg1O-o

Edited by plutoniumhunter

Not really a moment in the series,but I almost made my brother drop a full basket of laundry as he was walking down the stairs. I snuck up behind him and sang the chorus to 'Totsugeki Love Heart' by Fire Bomber loudly and he fumbled,abit of colourful language and almost fell over,expressions where priceless.

I sang like in this clip lol

Edited by Vepariga

So, who's gonna say, "DYRL: THE SLAP scene"? :ph34r:

Question: Did you grow up watching Robotech?

I think someone needs to conduct a poll correlating first exposure to Macross via Robotech and Minmay hate.

I really think it's all about first impressions. Minmei did not make a good one.

Yeah, my first exposure to Macross was through Robotech.

But here's the thing: When I first watched Robotech, I rooted for Rick to wind up with Minmei. At the time, I didn't understand why he wound up choosing Lisa in the end. My first exposure through Robotech did not cause me to have an irrational hatred towards Minmei (or the original Macross character of Minmay). In fact, you could probably say that my first impression was to root for Minmei.

But after finally watching the original Macross and growing up a bit in the ensuing 20+ years, my opinions have changed. Older, wiser, more experienced Mog understands why Hikaru would eventually choose Misa (There's a post I wrote up a few years ago that summed up why Misa was the better choice than Minmay. But between the two, Misa tends to do the better job of balancing her career and her personal/love life. Add in the fact that she holds down a sucessful military career AND still wants to have children, and the choice for Hikaru should be fairly clear.)

Regarding the scene in DYRL, I referenced it as a joke for this thread.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "funny" moment per se, but it's definitely one of the "Oh SH*T!!"/shocked laugh moments in all of Macross. But considering how crazy, irrational, and selfish Minmay was sounding at the time, Hikaru needed to snap her back to reality.

Add in the fact that she holds down a successful military career AND still wants to have children, and the choice for Hikaru should be fairly clear.

No sir, we were talking DYRL here.

Hikaru chose Misa because she was the last woman on Earth.

Even then it took a few months.

Zing!

If he likes that sort of boring life and being bossed around, then yeah, choice is clear ;)

(just joking folks, it's a comedy thread. When it comes to Mikimoto characters, they are all gorgeous)

------

attachicon.gif4.jpg

Bawahahaha! At least wait till the second date dude!

Even Roy would have smacked you in the back of the head for that move.

Edited by Kaldar5

Bawahahaha! At least wait till the second date dude!

Even Roy would have smacked you in the back of the head for that move.

Nah, Roy already berated him for not taking advantage of Minmay while Hikaru and Minmay were trapped together... Hikaru just thought, "Damn, better make up for lost time!"

^ That scene is f*cking classic! Totally unexpected, especially because I grew up with Robotech! And...It was nice to see how bad ass Meltrans are...so bad ass that they can throw their newborns around...lol

^ That scene is f*cking classic! Totally unexpected, especially because I grew up with Robotech! And...It was nice to see how bad ass Meltrans are...so bad ass that they can throw their newborns around...lol

Weirdly, though, it gets mentioned in the Robotech novelization...

I've shared this before. But to me its just so much awesome

Any attempt to make Independence Day suck less than it did, fails.

I know it was a huge, money-making smash, but it sucked. Associating it with something as great as Macross...? As Fozzy Bear always sez...