So now that Yamato is defunct.....

jvmacross

PT Valk Line  

56 members have voted

1. 1. If or when Arcadia resumes the PT valk line....would you want it to remain at 1/60 or would you be open to a different scale such as 1/72?

• No, keep it at 1/60....it is the scale to rule them all!
    • Yes, I want it rebooted at 1/72 or smaller scale....I'm wrong and I know it
    • I will buy Macross PT valks from Arcadia at any scale.....made a killing on the sale of my soul!

This really disappoints me. I took a bit of a break to horde up a load of cash to complete my collection but now that is all for nought. I only have a few of the v2 1/60s. My 1/48 collection is huge, it was a bit of a slap in the face for me when they released the 1/60 line again, as I thought I had the perfect valk. Haven't even gotten a VF-1S Focker or Hikaru and was lucky to pick up an Elintseeker at normal price. Currently in Japan and it is a disappointment for me. Not many valks left at all except for the Bandai breakables.

I agree with Uxi. I hope that they get the molds and start cranking them out again. Prices before the sale were ok, not brilliant, but something that we could cope with. I just hope I can finish my VF-17D and FAST Packs collection before they run out.

Edited by kensei

Where in Japan are you? If you can get to Tokyo or Osaka we can show you where Yamato valks are still in stock.

This really disappoints me. I took a bit of a break to horde up a load of cash to complete my collection but now that is all for nought. I only have a few of the v2 1/60s. My 1/48 collection is huge, it was a bit of a slap in the face for me when they released the 1/60 line again, as I thought I had the perfect valk. Haven't even gotten a VF-1S Focker or Hikaru and was lucky to pick up an Elintseeker at normal price. Currently in Japan and it is a disappointment for me. Not many valks left at all except for the Bandai breakables.

I agree with Uxi. I hope that they get the molds and start cranking them out again. Prices before the sale were ok, not brilliant, but something that we could cope with. I just hope I can finish my VF-17D and FAST Packs collection before they run out.

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

Really hope that after Yamato's employees get restructured, they release version 3 VF-1s, V2. YF-21/YF19s and v2. VF-0/SV-51 seeing as I sold off nearly every thing I owned, can't continue the hobby, but when I move back to Japan, it will commence again and I told the wife that it's not over! :lol:

Well if you collapse the outer boxes, and stack the similar trays, you could probably get a ton of VF-1 boxes into a small space.

I might have to do that soon. :unsure:

I have 3 towers from the floor to the ceiling and the closet stuffed with boxes in my Man cave :o

• 1 month later...

Maybe negotiations are going, since nothing is finalize, everyone is sworn to secrecy and silence until everything is decided.

Hopefully. The silence is awkward, however. Surely they could do something involving communication without such information?

I got yelled at for spreading rumors but I can tell you they had the plans to build a (redacted) but then decided that a (redacted) would sell better. Then they shuttered the business so both designs were going to migrate to Arcadia but from what I understand Arcadia has been unable to secure any licenses to transformable toys. Hopefully this means Bandai has been securing more licenses so we'll still get toys but just from a different company.

odd question, how do you guys in Japan fare with all the Yammies and their huge boxes when space is so scare in there?

Sell crap you don't need to make room for toys.. and be economical about your space. I'm also thinking about breaking down some boxes soon though. I don't think it will make much difference value wise.

I got yelled at for spreading rumors but I can tell you they had the plans to build a (redacted) but then decided that a (redacted) would sell better. Then they shuttered the business so both designs were going to migrate to Arcadia but from what I understand Arcadia has been unable to secure any licenses to transformable toys. Hopefully this means Bandai has been securing more licenses so we'll still get toys but just from a different company.

I hope Takara bought some! JETFIRE?????????? haha

Actually, no, given the situation Bandai has put everyone in already, the last thing I want to happen is for them to suck up all the licenses and sit on them for another couple of decades unused. <_<

Hear hear, more competition equals more choices for rabid fanboys who buys anything anyway us.

Actually, no, given the situation Bandai has put everyone in already, the last thing I want to happen is for them to suck up all the licenses and sit on them for another couple of decades unused. <_<

Hear hear, more competition equals more choices for rabid fanboys who buys anything anyway us.

While I would rather see Arcadia produce toys or have some other company come along and do as well, Bandai cranking out toys once every decade or two still ends up better than new toys never or waiting for Joons and company to come around again ;)

If you owned an exclusive license to 1/60 scale toys and BigWest sold someone the rights to a 1/58 scale toy, how would you feel about that? Bandai also helps sponsor new Macross so I don't think they're to be trifled with.

If you owned an exclusive license to 1/60 scale toys and BigWest sold someone the rights to a 1/58 scale toy, how would you feel about that? Bandai also helps sponsor new Macross so I don't think they're to be trifled with.

This is what worries me, they appear to have their sight set on giving Macross the same treatment as Gundam, just an excuse to sell uninspired toys. Already did it with Frontier, and they will perhaps start with Macross the first. If they acquire Yamato's old Macross licenses they could just lock it like they did with Macross 7 so they could sell their ugly robots and corner the market.

This is what worries me, they appear to have their sight set on giving Macross the same treatment as Gundam, just an excuse to sell uninspired toys. Already did it with Frontier, and they will perhaps start with Macross the first. If they acquire Yamato's old Macross licenses they could just lock it like they did with Macross 7 so they could sell their ugly robots and corner the market.

This is my worry as well.

Heh, I'm surprised a little creative bidding didn't allow Arcadia to get the licenses they needed. Since nothing they made was exactly 1/60th or 1/48th anyway couldn't they get away with getting the licence for something bizarre like a 1/58th or 1/65th scale and just release the same mold?

It's not about getting the licenses. Thats the easy part.

It's sinking money into development and production. Obviously Yamato wasn't that profitable if they were bought out.

Bandai's renewal Frontier toys are awesome and very competitively priced... Oh the horror of that being the future of Macross toys. I would love to see competition but Yamato ran themselves out of business so our recent boom years are the aberration not the norm.

There's far worse options than Bandai. Uninspired toys are still better than no toys at all. That or hoping for a Chinese or Korean company to make some knock-offs.

Toynami could always try and grab those licenses as well. We might end up wishing for Bandai ;)

I refer as Bandai as uninspired toys because they pretty much make a base design and go along with it for eternity with slight changes, like Gundam.

Yyes, they are great toys and model, but they are essentially the same with some tinkering for their new Gundam retelling story. They did it with Frontier, the VF-25/27/29 are pretty much same VF with slight variation, different wings and ridiculous schemes.

Any Macross toy is better than no Macross toy, but I fear that Bandai is not for the passion of Macross and perfect transformation (Like Yamato was) but more for selling their silly Gundams and if Bandai get the licenses, they will not use Yamato molds, they will lock all those licenses so their toys will be only Macross on the market and perhaps retell SDFM story again, like Frontier, and make a design similar to the VF-25 until they get tired of it and dump the franchise. In fact, I have started to fathom the chance that the delay in to the Yamato molds fate with Arcadia along with licenses crap is because Bandai is doing everything to prevent it.

Besides, has anyone confirmed that the Macross line was the reason Yamato went bankrupt?? they had a lot of licenses for their figurines and were also very expensive. Anyone knows what do people who collect their figurines think of Yamato/Arcadia future?

A Yamato mold knock off VF would be nightmare to have, and I would not dare to think what would be of those thin panel lines in a knock off.

Seriously if bandai get control of all the lisences i will seriously consider quiting collecting. To go through the preorder bs for every new macross release would suck balls.

Curious what the first redacted is.

I'm suprised Arcadia cant secure the macross zero lisence. Might as well start from the beginning ( chronologically ).