Poll. What is your favorite display mode?

Gakken85

Favorite mode.  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mode for display?

• Fighter/Jet/Valkyrie Mode.
    • Gerwalk Mode.
    • Battroid.
    • I leave dem shits in the box, Yo!

I like all of them. When I'm finished with the Macross Frontier display I have eight slots for the Valkyries

2 for Fighter

2 for Gewalk

4 for Battroid

And I'm planning to rotate them all counterclockwise every month or so by one slot and transforming them regularly from one mode to the other so I don't need 9 VF-25S to display them in all modes. ^_^

And to have the excuse to play with them more often. :)

So I guess the right answer is Battroid.

Fighter mode naturally! If these things didn't have a beautiful fighter mode I wouldn't give two shi_ts 'bout Macross :)

Battroid comes second, of course, and is just as important. Gerwalk is sadly last but I like me a good Gerwalk.

ultraman - I agree that it depends on the maker and type of toy. Some lines look better in some versions.

Scyla - That's always good to keep interacting with your toys over time. Setting up different displays and transforming some. I think it keeps the collection something other than just stationary display pieces.

I'd have to say I'm a Battroid guy first and foremost!

But I don't buy toys if they don't look good in both.

Edited by Gakken85

All my Bandai 1/55's and 1/65's are in battroid mode. But for my Yamato Valkyries. I keep the 1/48's in fighter mode and 1/60's in battroid. My Toynami 1/55's are in fighter mode so they won't droop. And my frontier stuff is in fighter mode along with my Macross Plus and Macross 7(except the Bandai's). My 1/100 Toynami valks are in boxes and buried in the garage never to see the light of day :)

Depends on the Valk. I'm with skullmilitia, I try to have one in each mode. I don't care for the 22's Battroid mode so I only have one in fighter and one in Gerwalk. I was hoping Yamato would make a third VF-17 variant as right now I like my S in Battroid and the D is in Gerwalk. In general I find Gerwalk and Macross tied together so that is my favorite mode but I love to see Kawamori's designs too so I try to spread the love for all three modes.

I think Gerwalk is an underrated mode. I like Battroid and Fighter modes, but in my opinion Gerwalk is something that was innovative on the part of Kawamori. And while not unique to Macross, it's something that is strongly associated with Macross, in my mind. I also think that it's the mode that took the longest for toy makers to get right. For their time, the 1/55s had pretty good representations of Fighter and Battroid mode, but even by 1980s standards Gerwalk mode was fairly disappointing. I remember trying to get anime-accurate Gerwalk poses with my Jetfire toy to no avail. The combination of a knee twist and poseable ankles did wonders for a good Gerwalk mode.

I generally prefer GERWALK and jet mode when they're on stands. Otherwise, they look better in battroid mode.

Also, it depends on the Valk itself. IMO, VF-1's have the most beautiful GERWALK mode, so I tend to display them in that way. My YF-19's are almost always displayed in jet mode, while the YF-21 is either in battroid or jet mode. Nora's SV-51 stays almost entirely in jet mode.

That said, I switch modes for all my Valks whenever I get bored of looking at the same mode all the time.

It really depends on each model.

-21-22's have really ugly battroid, those are fighter for me. (17S falls in this group)

-VF-11 super fighter.

-19S is now diplayed in battroid. YF-19 fighter is the best mode (with fold booster)

-VF-1 is the only model (IMO) that covers all the modes neatly. 1J battroid GBP (and stand-alone), 1S,J,A super/strike fighter (and stand alone), 1D gerwalk.

-VF-4G fighter or battroid.

VF-25-27-29... those flying turkeys...

I always assumed a Valk refers to a fighter. It changes into a Robot. I guess you could call the Valk the entire unit. Shrug.

Fighter Mode, because that is why I prefer Macross over, say, Gundam.

Come on, that's why Macross Battroids are so classic. It retains elements of the fighter and looks stylish. Gundam is just blocky and cartoony.

All of my valks are in Battroid 99% of the time, with my YF-21 the only exception. Guld's beauty stays in fighter mode, primarily b/c it's too unstable and tends to fall over more than any of my other valks. That, and the skinny legs just don't look right to me. I don't do GERWALK at all.

Edited by M'Kyuun

I always assumed a Valk refers to a fighter. It changes into a Robot. I guess you could call the Valk the entire unit. Shrug.

Come on, that's why Macross Battroids are so classic. It retains elements of the fighter and looks stylish. Gundam is just blocky and cartoony.

Exactly, because of the fact that Valkyries are primarily airplanes, and Battroid/ Gerwalk second. Whereas, with Gundam, its the other way round, if a particular model transforms at all.

Although i don't like the gerwalk of the Macross Frontier valks- too long tails- the gerwalk of the Yamato SV-51 is probably my most favorite mode of a valkyrie, and the VF-1's with S&S parts is also gorgeous- the VE-1's even better. So i voted gerwalk overall.

Mostly, I prefer to show them in fighter mode, I have trouble keeping some of the VFs balanced in battroid mode with all their Fast Packs on.

(The YF-21 is notoriously difficult to balance even without its gun pods attached!)

The Yamato VF-11 is perhaps the only gerwalk mode I actually find cool. The lines on that bird are so clean, and its weighted just right, It's a joy to pose!

Well Gerwalk is an awesome mode in my opinion.

I had my VF-25G setup so it looked like it was stopping its fast descent with full force while holding the sniper rifle.

The legs were as forward as possible and as wide spread as possible so it looked like a huge bird of prey trying to grab his victim.

Imagine a bald eagle with a building size rifle coming at you. ^_^