Question about modelling putty.

Dimis

This is a more general question you may have experience in. I am interested in a Gundam Zeon suit master grade, and the modeller who is selling it has used modelling putty to elevate the hips and around other areas. Would you venture a guess how lasting or fragile this sort of renovation is? Does the material disintegrate after a number of years? The hips section worries me slightly because it's thin, and for some reason I'm having visions of it cracking! Obviously i know nothing about modelling so any input will be appreciated before i throw thousands and thousands of yet at his feet!

Thanks.

Edited by Dimis

Do you have a brand name and type they used? Nope, it's not as simple as you might have thought -_- Different types actually cure differently. In most cases though (in the event you can't find out), the epoxy will remain strong. It usually doesn't crack, but the different types can be more brittel than others. As long as the area is not stressed, the bond should remain in place and the part keep it's strength and shape. The epoxy is usually more brittel and tougher than styrene, so the two can disbond under stress. So just don't "play" with it ;) I have models over ten years old I've done epoxy putty work on without any changes or issues. Most putties are long lasting. - MT

Thank you both very much. I decided that i won't be buying it. It will be impossible to handle the model without somehow picking it up from the hips- it has a ball joint in the waist so it will be a case of what to stress this time!