Shapeways guys State side please help

robodragon

I have no experience in making part designs to send off for shapways and really want to have my VF-4 complete. My VF-4G came missing one of the rear leg cover slides. I need a set (left and right) of these leg slid covers also with the small screw cover plug ( one had to be taken out in pieces just to get to the screw). I have taken the other one out and would gladly send it off to someone if they could make shapeway them up.

I'm not looking to have the shapeway design only to be-able to order the parts. I'm hoping someone state side can help me with this. I will gladly ship the pieces to you and pay the return shipping for the piece to come back when your done.

Please if someone can help, it's killing me to have this $400 toy incomplete and now with Yamato in the state of transition they are in, I doubt I'll ever see the parts from them.

You can PM me or post here.

Thanks and again please help if you can.

post-4944-0-54091000-1362243895_thumb.jpg

I would NOT consider shapeways for this application. their Strongest material will not give you good detail. More detailed pics would help also. This may be simple enough for me to machine it in 3D using my CNC, I could do metal or PVC which are both very sturdy and can take some abuse.

There really is no abuse this part takes. It sldes up and down with little effort and offers no structual suport to the toy at all.in stead of more pics im offering to send the pieces to someone so they can be madeand pay for the parts to be shipped back to me. Plus i would buy the new parts too.

An even better reason to have them machined. It would be way cheaper that 3d printing them. You are talking pennies on the dollar. Most 3d printers charge a minimum startup fee. Shapeways charges at least 5 bucks in addition to the volume of the printing. You would also be paying fees for the 3d model on top of that. Just somethings to take into consideration.

I'm right now trying to pry apart the screw hole cover - not budging for me dude.

I have a bit of a back log of work, so if u can wait a few weeks (a month or two maybe), send me the pieces, and I'll make them for you.

Not going to lie - I echo what yeti has said - the strongest material will not show awesome detail, and the other hi-detail material will not be that strong - plus it is a super tight fit on mine, meaning that if u paint it, it will scrape...

Ok i came here for help but had what i thought was the easier fix in mind. I concied and humbily throw out my preconceptions. What is my best option?

The side missing the cover, that screw cover came right out. The side that still had the cove, that screw cover is in pieces. It's not glued either, just that tight of a fit.

Tundrayeti, i think ABS would be fine. Let me know your address and i'll send the pieces to you so you can modle them.

Kurisama, i love all your shapway parts and thank you for your offer, i just hate sending things out of the states. I lose a few years of life everytime i do, to stress. My luck has been 50/50. Lol

Thanks guys

No worries dude, just throwing my hat in the ring.

I see in ur sig you still want a 1/60 Reactive Armour, good to know :D

Im ready to pull the triger on that one when ever you are. ;)

• 3 months later...

Ok so it's all fixed now with help from tundrayeti. The left leg now looks like the right leg from the back.

CB15961A-1746-43F7-9EC9-E5DA6E6C9AC2-344

047F193C-C5B1-47FC-BD63-0A171111562B-344

068C0E9C-9DC9-4778-A815-0262C744BC71-344

Edit to add pics

Edited by robodragon