MACROSS 30: Hints & Tips

Tochiro

So the Striker Parts are on the moist lake with the SDFN-8? Also what happens if I get all bronze will it give me the Striker Parts?

Out of all the races I've done, I think most require at least a silver for any kind of blueprint reward. Fortunately, most have been easy enough to do after a couple of runs, but the one to unlock the YF-21 fast packs is nasty.

The one for the VF-1 strike pack is a pretty simple run, with a string of gates to fly through, and a series of targets to shoot while mostly stationary.

I'm actually liking the variety of some of the races, as far as how they combine flying and gunning. Most times, I switch to gerwalk for shooting targets so I can aim easily, but there is actually a race in the desert area that focuses purely on gerwalk skill. Basically, you get a short course of gates to fly through, and a set of targets that are offset from the gates. To do well, you actually have to do most of the race gliding sideways in gerwalk around the course, while shooting the targets alongside you. :lol: Challenging for sure, but I didn't find it frustrating.

Anyway, yeah, I think these multiple threads about the game are getting difficult to manage, because questions are being asked in all of them, and sometimes overlapping. I didn't even know there was a picture guide with the control layout translated. :p

On another note, anyone seen a way to get the YF-29 fast packs yet? I know they're in there, but so far I've got no quest that lets me get them. I'm guessing it's something that'll unlock after completing other guild quests, but it's definitely not buyable in a shop, and definitely not a race prize.

Also, after crafting a few rank 3 planes.. word of advice... DO NOT attempt to skip rank 1 or rank 2, at least not on any of the later valks. Yes, it'll cost more money buying all the blueprints, but it is literally impossible to make some of the rank 3 valks right off the bat.

Basically, each time you build a valk, those item point values you need go into a total overall value. Ranks 1 and 2 are steps that lead up to 3, and building them first decreases the amount of points needed to reach rank 3. I picked up one rank 3 blueprint that needed over 250 points in each category, because I hadn't built rank 1 or 2 yet. The maximum any part seems to be capable of contributing is 12 points, so even using 50 12 point parts wouldn't get you the points necessary to build it.

So yeah, don't think you can save money by building the rank 3 valks you unlock without building 1 and 2 first. For early planes, it can work, but by the time you get to the VF-19s, it just won't be possible.

Edited by Chronocidal

Out of all the races I've done, I think most require at least a silver for any kind of blueprint reward. Fortunately, most have been easy enough to do after a couple of runs, but the one to unlock the YF-21 fast packs is nasty.

The one for the VF-1 strike pack is a pretty simple run, with a string of gates to fly through, and a series of targets to shoot while mostly stationary.

I'm actually liking the variety of some of the races, as far as how they combine flying and gunning. Most times, I switch to gerwalk for shooting targets so I can aim easily, but there is actually a race in the desert area that focuses purely on gerwalk skill. Basically, you get a short course of gates to fly through, and a set of targets that are offset from the gates. To do well, you actually have to do most of the race gliding sideways in gerwalk around the course, while shooting the targets alongside you. :lol: Challenging for sure, but I didn't find it frustrating.

Anyway, yeah, I think these multiple threads about the game are getting difficult to manage, because questions are being asked in all of them, and sometimes overlapping. I didn't even know there was a picture guide with the control layout translated. :p

On another note, anyone seen a way to get the YF-29 fast packs yet? I know they're in there, but so far I've got no quest that lets me get them. I'm guessing it's something that'll unlock after completing other guild quests, but it's definitely not buyable in a shop, and definitely not a race prize.

Also, after crafting a few rank 3 planes.. word of advice... DO NOT attempt to skip rank 1 or rank 2, at least not on any of the later valks. Yes, it'll cost more money buying all the blueprints, but it is literally impossible to make some of the rank 3 valks right off the bat.

Basically, each time you build a valk, those item point values you need go into a total overall value. Ranks 1 and 2 are steps that lead up to 3, and building them first decreases the amount of points needed to reach rank 3. I picked up one rank 3 blueprint that needed over 250 points in each category, because I hadn't built rank 1 or 2 yet. The maximum any part seems to be capable of contributing is 12 points, so even using 50 12 point parts wouldn't get you the points necessary to build it.

So yeah, don't think you can save money by building the rank 3 valks you unlock without building 1 and 2 first. For early planes, it can work, but by the time you get to the VF-19s, it just won't be possible.

I have all silver on the moist lake but it do not reward me. I just got the SV-51 Booster Parts.

Well, make sure you actually have all of the races. There should be (at least) ten at every race location. You start out with only a few, but get quests to unlock the others.

Speaking of quests though... there's a metric crapton of them. They unlock progressively as you complete others, so I keep having to go back and forth to guild bases to check for new ones.

So far, the absolutely most annoying type are the ones that tell you to collect some kind of item, but don't give you any visual cue as to where to find it. Sometimes, you get those big map icons to look near, other times the game just seems intent on making non-Japanese speakers cry. :p

I can say that after realizing the quests will often tell you the name of the cave or ruin to look in for targets, I've had great success with red quests.

What's irritating is that I've entirely maxed out the standard YF-29, and the YF-30, but I still have not seen a hint of how to get the YF-29 super packs. :p That's mainly what I'm after at this point, because once stats get maxed out, the YF-30 will be at a disadvantage since it doesn't have any packs to use.

Those are some of the ones I gave up on, because there's something particular you have to do for them to ever work. Even having the item they request won't let you complete them, because some unknown condition can't be fulfilled.

For the race center though, I think it's actually the guild base nearest to where you ship is, should be nearly directly east when you launch. It's buried inside a crater on a glacier, so the only part sticking out will be the very top of the building.

Ok, for those of you wondering how to buy various individual blueprints of assorted levels.. My only recommendation to you is to do every guild quest you possibly can.

Once I got through enough of them, new quests started popping up, and a particular chain appeared at one point that was numbered. Each quest requested a single item that you could find in a highlighted area of the map, and nearly all of them gave out a blueprint as a reward.

In the process of hunting all these quests down though, I also have entirely maxed out the standard YF-29 and YF-30, hitting 999999 TP on them. (A menu tip btw.. hitting the right stick in the tuning menu will automatically dump the maximum amount of TP into a category, so you don't have to sit there holding the right arrow button.)

When I got through the middle of the desert quests, I finally hit the one that gives out the YF-29 super packs, and it was incredibly simple, since I already had the item they wanted. :p

So.. now my YF-29 is sitting around 35,000 HP, with every stat maxed out. It's amazing how fast stuff dies that way. :lol:

Anyway, there are a lot of quests I still can't make sense of, mainly because they ask for things that are impossible to find without directions. I have multiples that ask me to collect a bunch of items, but I cannot find them in the map where the quest was given. There's also a slew of ones that ask for a single item, but give no hint where to look for them.

Edited by Chronocidal

Silly question, but why do the tuning stat colors change when you reach certain values? I'm taking a balanced approach right now (only have the VF0D/A/S/FockerS) where I aim for blue values on every stat. The color change doesn't correlate to the tuning cost jumps, either.

SDF-08 Britai

Sometimes you will hear them actually refer to it as "Britai"

From memory it's the SDFN-8 but Aisha only refers to it by this designation once. Since its now home to Breitai City, what you are hearing is possibly them referring to Britai City. Am only 25hrs in but have never hears it referred to as just Britai as such.

Well there is one quest I think is broken for me. I tried it for 3 hours with no luck I can find the VF-0A anywhere. I am gonna cancel the quest retake it and try again.

th_IMG_20130310_134607_140_zps95b7c5a9.j

K, I finally got the VF-19A one done. I don't know where I got the item, but you have to take it to the not-SDF1 in the first region.

I don't think I've even seen the VF-0S rank 2 quest yet.

I could have saved you the trouble I posted that awhile back :)

Edited by Sorata

Okay it works now. The VF-0A appears now in a spot I farmed many times never seeing it. So in short if one of your quest doesn't seem to be working and your in an area you have seen that enemy in before then cancel the quest and take it again.

From memory it's the SDFN-8 but Aisha only refers to it by this designation once. Since its now home to Breitai City, what you are hearing is possibly them referring to Britai City. Am only 25hrs in but have never hears it referred to as just Britai as such.

The usually gave the early Macross ships after 01 names of famous people from SpaceWar 1, such as the SDF-04 "Global" that appears in Mac Frontier on Gallia-4 (Come on Macross, can't any number be a non-coincidence?)

Yep, the city seems to be entirely inside the SDF-08. Wish we could have gotten some internal view shots.

Okay it works now. The VF-0A appears now in a spot I farmed many times never seeing it. So in short if one of your quest doesn't seem to be working and your in an area you have seen that enemy in before then cancel the quest and take it again.

Actually, I'm not sure that cancelling a quest does anything about the spawns, though I have tried it too. I remember the trouble finding VF-0As, but after a while, I realized they were among the fighters that pester you near that northern guild base.

Problem is, once you find things, they don't always respawn until you move out of the area. What I've been doing is once I find a spot to farm, I enter the nearest cave or ruin, and exit again. Reloading the region forces all the groups to respawn, so you can hunt more of them. Helped a lot when I was hunting the various Zentraedi mechs on the north-eastern corner of the map.

Hehe.. I should have known that VF-19A one sounded familliar. I think I also translated a little of the quest description, and picked out something like "Guild Courier," so that definitely fits.

Btw.. if you explore the glacier map fully, there's a couple of surprises to find on the outskirts.

Namely, a Vajra destroyer, and a Zentraedi ship similar to the one Kamjin brings in late in the story. Once you kill them though, they're gone, similar to the bandit ships.

Yeah I could see them naming one of the SDFN-class ships after Breetai (or Vrlitwhai or however). The only other ones we know of being the SDFN-1 Hayase and the Global.

Yeah, I ran into the Vajra destroyer (that's from the Frontier movies, right?) but I haven't seen any Thurvel-Salans wandering around.

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

Yeah, I'm pretty sure stuff like the Regult, Nousjadeul-Ger and other stuff unlocks in NG+.

I think I have a quest to get the VF-25 Armored pack but it's driving me crazy. I think it wants me to kill bandits, but there are none in the Glacier area. Maybe I haven't found them or I need to go somewhere else?

i finally finish the game in hard with all golg medals,all guild missions and the 100 stones in.....85h

i do not anderstand a world of jp,,to item quest if there is not spot in map :

-you have maybe already the item the storage or you need items from yellow spot,there is 2 missions from SDF08 ask item you can eventually gain when you destroy cocoon second one ask 30(not the one you gain a lot..)

the only missions that take me time was few destroy missions, some targets apear in random in smal number,

if you found one you can eventually enter a base and back to make reapear,but with random spot it can even not work,

if you really do not found try eventually cave or stages,(and back regulary in can give 1chest with good items to build units)

i remenber a quest in desert :take me 20mn to kill 9/10...i take me 1h to found a last!

the bandits for VF25 armored are in a stage of the map

in end afer you unlock all bad guy pilots and other caracters like Basara ,you unlock there custom unit too

you will unlock too all custom valk rank 1,so it can be more easy to build rank 2 you have from quest :to buit directly the vf27 custom you need near 160 part of eatch(can be hard in 50) ,after unlock rank 1 by finish the game you need just someting like 60 of eatch

after unlock red Queadluun custom wen can see 3 empty slots by left,1 is for the green unit from a zentrady bad guy you battle few time with another guy,still 2 empty box near this one

Edited by superobotaisen

How does one revive a wingman? Hikaru decided to block some missles to the face while trying save Minmay...

Once they are down you will be able to lock on to them like an enemy, except you wont be able to fire missiles. So, go over to where they are downed and, while locked on, select a revive kit (or is it restoration? Am at work now so cant check, sorry) from your item menu. That should do the trick!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure stuff like the Regult, Nousjadeul-Ger and other stuff unlocks in NG+.

I think I have a quest to get the VF-25 Armored pack but it's driving me crazy. I think it wants me to kill bandits, but there are none in the Glacier area. Maybe I haven't found them or I need to go somewhere else?

This one annoyed me for a while too, until I discovered that the name for the cave/ruins/etc where you need to find the targets to kill is in the quest name. Even if you can't read it, just visually match the text for the quest with the name of a location on the map, and you should be golden.

If it doesn't appear in the name of the quest, there might be a reference to the area somewhere in the text. My recommendation would be to write down the names of all the locations on the map to use as a reference.

Right now, I'm wondering if they purposefully wrote certain quests to only be accessible at the level you get them. Even translating the quest isn't helping much, because the thing they want me to get isn't available in any region due to where I am in the game right now..

eggquest_zps52cd3871.jpg

I manually looked up the kanji for the item name, and it's telling me to "Get the Dyaus egg." See, this one is an oddball. I've never seen a quest that required me to pick up an item dropped by an enemy. On top of that, I'm guessing they're referring to those big egg structures, in which case, they're out of luck, because I've destroyed them all. Unless the quest text is actually directing me toward an area where they still exist, I don't see how this one can even be completed.

Think it's a one time choice. I made a solid end-game savepoint after finishing with a maxed out YF-29, so I'll probably poke at the other difficulties with it just to compare.

Btw, funny thing I noticed about the YF-29s. I've only tested this with the standard and Isamu's custom version, but they're slightly different, even when maxed out. It might just be a bug with the standard one actually. Normally, maxing the missile stats will give you 24 simultaneous lock-ons using muti-target mode. But if you equip the super packs, you're suddenly restricted to firing 12 at a time. Maybe the missiles are slightly more powerful, so you don't need as many, or something. Mostly, I just noticed my ammo was lasting longer with the normal version. :lol: Isamu's can still fire 24 at a time with the packs equipped.

Other oddball thing.. The loading screens with the super-packed YF-29 show the version with the covers used in space, but I've never seen them actually used. Is there some option that equips them? I'm guessing they're only there because someone used them in space early in the game, but yeah. Just wondering.

this race is not easy,you have to found the best road to not lose time,stay in fighter mode exept shoot the "canyon's in gearwalk",and change batloid when you are on top on the column to take them enought fast

it is really the only little hard one,even the 2 other 10th was easy

you can not change difficulty after begin choice,game was easy in hard,i rarely use the items

But in ultimate there is challenge

I also need to know which healer is a team healer in the stores cause Max and I think Hikaru died on me when I was fighting The Macross Quarter or the Vajara ship can anyone help me???

Edited by Hikaru1234567890