MACROSS 30: Hints & Tips

Tochiro

• 2 weeks later...

I think if you are playing on easy difficulty, you can't issue orders, you only have the auto modes. You have to play at normal difficulty or above tho be able to issue orders.

The auto modes were apparently added for the newer generation of Frontier fans who don't like mecha battles or whatever.

Graham

Is there a good place to farm Ouroboros Mona Flowers? It takes 10 to unlock each race course in the glacier area, and I only find singles here and there. I tried a few of the local caves but can't find a good spot where they're concentrated in groups.

Anybody knows where VF-1S spawn?

I've got a hunter's guild quest to kill 10, but can't find any anywhere.

Well, I found some in a cave or base, but killin g them doesn't count towards that Hunter's Guild Quest :(

Graham

I found the best way to complete those missions is to go back to the Gefion, then launch again. Some enemies would have respawned. Even if you can only find 3 at a given time, it's faster that way than to look all over the map.

Yeah, I know that trick, used it many times for quests hunting other mecha, Q-Rau, Q-Rhea etc.

But I can't even find a single damn VF-1S anywhere. It's like they've all gone on holiday.

I've had this quest sitting uncompleted for ages now.

Graham

Oops! I meant I cleared the VF-1S hunt quest inside a desert base. I think it was the base across the canyon from the city where the vanquish races are held.

Edited by BinboOtaku

The problem I'm having is getting the sss hunter trophy. When I look at my stats it seems to state I cleared all 200, yet the trophy did not pop. Also, I seemed to have finished my first run with 6 sub quest items having to do with Havamal and Mina's time capsule 3. I take it I missed some quests but my stats say otherwise. Better keep my eyes open through the second run...

If i beat the game for a second time, do i loos all the progress i got like all the valks, ipgrades etc.?

No, you retain all your Valks, upgrades, money and extra characters. The only thing you may have to deal with is doing the Hunter quests over again.

I've used the higher rank plasma grenade in the large cavern area in some caves. It fills the area and causes damage for awhile. I don't really make a practice of it. They're not powerful enough to rely on.

As for mines, Kamujin used them on me with great effectiveness...

Grenades work well when there's a very high-density of enemies. If you enter a room with 12 enemies for example, tossing 3-5 grenades can solve you a lot of headache.

In general, though, mines/grenades are really only useful as a stop-gap measure on harder difficulties.

Now Im having a hard time collecting parts which I have a lot of I and my inventory in storage and when I go out killing things it doesn't give me that many is completely empty, And I'm trying to for a VF-19 Ravens, VF-22 , and VF-22S. can any one help me

Now Im having a hard time collecting parts which I have a lot of I and my inventory in storage and when I go out killing things it doesn't give me that many is completely empty, And I'm trying to for a VF-19 Ravens, VF-22 , and VF-22S. can any one help me

You can farm for parts in bases and caverns. Also doing quests helps.

So here's a weird thing I've noticed while trying to unlock new aircraft/tiers... are there certain parts that get filtered out of the listings depending on which one you're unlocking? I'll see a whole plethora of parts available for, say, a VF-11, but then certain parts that I have large stockpiles of won't show up for me to put into a VF-29.

I've also started collecting "universal" parts like Vajra tails to help with the tuning. You don't get any next-tier bonuses out of them, but they typically have high point values (10+) and move in swarms.

Also, it was much more expensive to build tier-2 aircraft in my first playthrough, but the part costs dropped by something like 50% for my undeveloped aircraft once I completed the game's first run.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys been lurking for awhile now and finally decided to jump in. The translation guide has helped a lot. I still don't understand what items are what.lol. I'm on mission 2-2 of the second chapter. When the mission boss shows up he does this attack where you see multiple images like in the matrix. How do I defeat him?

Transform to fighter and make a break for it the moment you see Gunness activating his melee SPA. Units are briefly invulnerable while executing their special attack, and at this point his attack will probably kill you outright if it connects. Evade in fighter until it wears off. Or activate your own SPA for the temp vulnerability.

Guys I need help defeating the monster from mission 3-5. How? Also I've run into a problem. When I hit start to replenish my health I notice the medicine boxes are shaded no longer allowing me to heal. How do I make them available again? Please help.

The only items that should be shaded are recovery items for your wingmen. Regular health items should be available.... unless you don't have any.

As for the Mother Dyaus, shoot off all of its spikes, the sphere-egg things under its tail and the ones on its front. You should then be able to spam its head to death.

I get it know thanks. When the giant dayus begins to glow yellow/orange and back up shows up, does that mean the beast is close to dying? And what's the best way to attack it? When it flies around I shoot it with missiles, and when it stays still I'm right on top of it.

Edit-Got it thanks-

Edited by cypherxv

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got the game and I have to say I'm having an absolute blast. It starts off slow, like almost every other RPG, but when you get into the story (knowing Japanese does help) and get to fly your favorite planes, it really picks up and the hours just fly by (puntastic). Don't want to spoil anything, but darn, seeing all the original cast members play off each other is just decadent fanservice and I'm loving every minute of it. Can't wait till I get New Game Plus and am able to fly some of the original casts' Valks!

I initially though that it was a bad thing that they changed out the show-accurate missions for an original story, but boy do I take that back.

I get it know thanks. When the giant dayus begins to glow yellow/orange and back up shows up, does that mean the beast is close to dying? And what's the best way to attack it? When it flies around I shoot it with missiles, and when it stays still I'm right on top of it.

Edit-Got it thanks-

I was saving parts for future planes as I knew I was going to get the 21/22 and 19 series the first chance I got, so I was relying on a VF-1A. Man did I have a hard time. Must have tried over 5 times to no avail. Then, I went and bought the VF-1S plans and unlocked it. With it came the Reaction Missiles (Box C) and the boss fight became a breeze. I am not kidding. Just keep spamming those Reaction Missiles and it will go down. Fast.

Reaction weaponry ... Lots of it. And having Ranka singing helps a bit too IMO.

Speaking of which, is it possible to switch out weapons? The only Valk with Reaction Missiles that I've come across is the VF-1S...

Edited by Actar

Just finished the game and it was beyond phenomenal. I don't think I'm alone on this when I say that this would make for a great anime series, or at least a movie. What an experience that was, especially for a macross fan. I'm thinking of buying the game again (this time with all the Limited Edition goodies) just because I liked it so much.

This might be a spoiler, but I'm just curious to know what changes with the different endings. Is it the dialogue after the credits? Or is it the pictures? Also, how do I know which ending I got?

Also, why's the melee attack of the 21/22 series called Pin-Point Barrier Punch when it's a kick attack?

Edited by Actar

• 4 weeks later...

Someone told me this in another thread I think, or maybe earlier in this thread but there are

three different endings, the Mina Ending, Aisha Ending and... let's call it the Triangle Ending. Which ending you get depends on actions taken in the last boss fight. If you rescue Mina first, you get her ending, if you rescue Aisha first, you get her ending. If you rescue both of the girls within a minute or so of each other, you get the Triangle ending. I'd have to listen to the dialogue again, but it seems a little like the "you're both my wings" ending for Macross Frontier. It's also called the Rod Ending.

Quick question for chapter 4: The codename for the jammer is "Strange Bear?"

I'm also still a little confuzzled about Rod and Todo. I'm not sure of the particulars of Rod's rivalry with Leon.

Did he do it because he was hoping that Yurva Arga would turn back time so Mia would be alive again? Does Todo want to turn back time so the Zentradi never encounter Terrans? If so, why? What does he gain from that?

Oh and when exactly and how did Isamu get that custom YF-29?

When Mina is giving her explanation of Yurva Arga after mission 4-3, what exactly is they disuse beyond Mina being a member of the previous inhabitants of Ouroboros and Yurva Arga being very dangerous?

When you compete against Isamu for the first time, Mina says Isamu-san is really good (or words to that effect) and then Leon said something I didn't quite catch about Roy Focker?

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...