MACROSS 30: Hints & Tips

Tochiro

Almost certainly. It would be too game-breaking otherwise, wouldn't it?

But, again, this is just informed speculation. I haven't personally verified this, though I've been meaning to. I've also been meaning to double check how the player's level is determined (whether it's based on aircraft level, tuning amount, pilot level, and/or some combination of two or more of those factors).

Thanks to the Speakerpodcast I found out that Controller Type A is the closest to the PSP controls that I'm used to.

Is there a way to change the Controller Type in the menu?

Thanks to the Speakerpodcast I found out that Controller Type A is the closest to the PSP controls that I'm used to.

It's in the Options menu. You can access it in-game (in-flight) or on the Gefion Bridge. Options is this BTW. オプション

I found controller Type A very useful too for quests where you have to destroy a specific type of enemies.

Mission 6-5 boss. Seems similar to the 3-5 boss. I can take down the "first form" and to get to the point where Guld shows up, but it does that red laser attack and I'm having a hell of a time avoiding it. I keep my distance, but that isn't much help. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Mission 6-5 boss. Seems similar to the 3-5 boss. I can take down the "first form" and to get to the point where Guld shows up, but it does that red laser attack and I'm having a hell of a time avoiding it. I keep my distance, but that isn't much help. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Yeah, have Ranka sing to heal and stop the enemy, knock off its spikes, the egg pods under the tail and the spikes on the lower front, then UNLEASH THE ITANO CIRCUS.

Also, I'm doing a quest in the Glacier where I'm supposed to fetch quest a tea set, but I have no idea where it's supposed to be...

An amusing anecdote: So I think I'm just in for a standard bounty quest, as I'm about to finish my second play-through of Macross 30. I activate it and all of a sudden I see a red streak fly past me. I turn around and my targeting on the HUD is going all over the place at crazy, impossible angles. I think, "Oh you didn't...." But it's true. My HUD reads "Ghost X-9."

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

Yeah, have Ranka sing to heal and stop the enemy, knock off its spikes, the egg pods under the tail and the spikes on the lower front, then UNLEASH THE ITANO CIRCUS.

Hehe, I sat right underneath the Guardian and unleashed ITANO CIRCUS to wipe out the eggs. It killed the damn thing! :lol

I beat the game, but missed on a lot of the subquests. I was basically going for a speedrun since I have limited time and wanted to see the story.

Does anyone have a list of the missions and what to do to beat them? Like a mini walkthrough?

Cough.......Zoroastres guide .......cough (search is your friend).

I'm the opposite, 40 hours play and still only on story level 4.3. I wanna do all the Hunters Guild quests.

Graham

HI guys. How do you unlock the races in Uruthr (probably spelled it wrong). Also I"m trying to get the VF-25 Tornado Pack but Where do you find the tea set?

it is a side quest in the Ice region. It is a simple retrival mission or it is one the races in the ice region. It is either one of those two. I have every Valkrie in the game without dlc. So if you want any questions aswered ask away. Also finished every side quest in the game. some have time limits so make sure to check eeach town during each Chapter.

So I haven't been playing this game for a while (been madly playing the Gundam Breaker beta release) and now that I've come back to M30 I forgot a few things. Mainly how to toggle the sort of hover mode in the Konig Monster as opposed to it's normal awkward gerwalk walking pace. One day I discovered a button combo to allow the Konig's gerwalk mode to hover and skate around like the other planes in gerwalk mode (albeit much slower) but now I can't figure it out again :wacko: I was super stoked when I figured this out the first time because it really brought the Konig to life, it's a real bummer now that I forgot lol. Anybody know what I'm talking about??

Edited by LOW_ALT

Having trouble coming in silver for the Level 10 Archipelago Vanquish race to get the YF-21 FAST Pack. I've got the route down pat, and my best timing still comes up 45 seconds short of 4 minutes in an overtuned Level 1 YF-29. Anyone have any tips on getting the pack?

Having trouble coming in silver for the Level 10 Archipelago Vanquish race to get the YF-21 FAST Pack. I've got the route down pat, and my best timing still comes up 45 seconds short of 4 minutes in an overtuned Level 1 YF-29. Anyone have any tips on getting the pack?

I'd honestly say give up, and find something else to do :lol: I didn't think that race was worth the pain, it's just too long and annoying.

Really? You just need to control your machine a little better.

Use the air brakes to make sharper turns or cut your engines for those sharp turns. Press triangle to cut engines and twice to air break. All in Fighter mode of course!

I got it using a level 1 maxed out vf-11b with fast pack with 10 seconds to spare.

Anybody know yet what the conditions are for getting the different endings?

It's in that translation guide by Zoroastres.

Also, does anyone know what happens if you connect Macross Ultimate or Triangle Frontier to the PS3? Or what it said about them on the back of the packaging?