MACROSS 30: Hints & Tips

Tochiro

Just started playing this weekend and wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone for all the information on here - it's really helped a lot since my wife is sick of me asking her to translate things for me. She did find it funny that some of the only Romaji in the game is when you die and it says "Disappointed at you." It somehow seems so much worse than "Mission Failed" or "You are dead" or "Game over!" :p

Graham's stupid questions of the day, which may or may not be related:

1) How/where are the races? I'm up to story mission 2-2 and have done a bunch of hunter's guild quests as well, but still no idea how and where do I find a race to join?

2) I completed the Hunters's guild quest at Yue that opens at 1-6:"Level 4 Course Plans. Find the Level 4 course plan. Obtain 10 Ouroboros Stones". Is this something to do with the race? Do I have to take the course plans somewhere to be able to enter the race?

3) Also, even though I still have over 10 Ouroboros stones in my VF's inventory, it won't let me complete the next Hunter's guild quest at Yue that opens at 1-8: "Level 5 Course Plans. Find the Level 5 course plan. Obtain 10 Ouroboros Stones". Any idea why I can't turn in this quest?

Graham

1) Races are accessed in Yue (Archipelago), Jurgen (Desert) and Urthr (Glacier). They're the third option in the town menu, under the hunter's guild. The Race menu consists of three options: the first will let you select a "race," the second will give you an explanation of racing, and the third will return you to the town menu.

2) Yes, it has to do with races. Each area only has the first 5 or so races open at first. To unlock the higher-level races, you have to complete the requisite quests.

3) If you can't complete the quest, it's because you do NOT have all of the required items. You need 10 stones -AND- the actual course plans, which are a course item. If you haven't found them yet, they'll be in a blue search field on the map; if you have found them, odds are you dumped them in your inventory--look for a quest item with "LV6," etc.

3) If you can't complete the quest, it's because you do NOT have all of the required items. You need 10 stones -AND- the actual course plans, which are a course item. If you haven't found them yet, they'll be in a blue search field on the map; if you have found them, odds are you dumped them in your inventory--look for a quest item with "LV6," etc.

Thanks. I understand why I was confused now. I thought if I handed in the 10 stones, then they would give me the Lv6 course plans as a reward. Didn't realise I had to go find the Lv6 plans

I think it confused me because with the Lv4 plans I mistakenly thought I got them when I handed in the 10 stones, but I must have picked up the Lv4 plans already and not realised it.

Graham

1) Races are accessed in Yue (Archipelago), Jurgen (Desert) and Urthr (Glacier). They're the third option in the town menu, under the hunter's guild. The Race menu consists of three options: the first will let you select a "race," the second will give you an explanation of racing, and the third will return you to the town menu.

Ah, got why I'm confused, because I thought 3rd option is "Leave Town".

Graham

Transport quests, as it has come to my attention, typically will have you grab an item box that spawns next to that city once you accept the quest. grab that item and take it to the designated area. As for the winter coat item, if it doesn't show you where to go on your map, then you might have the item already. Check your ship inventory.

Tried turning it it, but it doesn't. What does the word look like in Japanese?

Question for a Glacier quest, how do I tell apart the Havamal VFs from Bandit VFs? I got a Red Search and Destroy quest from Urthr (the one that rewards the VF-19F Lv2 Blueprints)

Love using Ranka ^_^ her support's skills short stun duration really helps in dealing with large crowds XD

Edited by Koing Monster

So since I didn't see anyone else post this info and knowing what a pain some of the items could be to find I wanted to share where you can find the Ourobouros Stones and Sierra Stars needed for the Vanquish Course plans in the Archipelago and Desert areas.

Ourobouros stones you can get pretty easy in Archipelago from the Bolverkr Ruins. Enter the ruins and take the right hand path all the way to the end and you'll come to a room with a whole bunch of the gold drop points. The majority of these will be the stones. You can exit and re-enter repeatedly for some easy spawns.

The Sierra Stars I found to be much more annoying but you can get them fairly consistently. Head for Heithrun Cave, It's just behind Ramad. When you enter the cave take the right hand path. There'll be a yellow drop point just behind some rocks on the left side of the wall. It's roughly a 50% drop rate between the Sierra Stars and another item I didn't dig up the translation for. I managed to get 11 so far quite easily this way. There looks to be just the one drop point so unless you wanna clear the place out for other drops you can just enter, grab the first drop and leave to make the process go as fast as possible. If I come across other drop points for troublesome items I'll be sure to share them, and feel free to add to this if you've found something better! :D

Question for a Glacier quest, how do I tell apart the Havamal VFs from Bandit VFs? I got a Red Search and Destroy quest from Urthr (the one that rewards the VF-19F Lv2 Blueprints)

Love using Ranka ^_^ her support's skills short stun duration really helps in dealing with large crowds XD

Pretty sure I got that quest done without even looking for Havamal bandits, specifically, If you're having trouble, notice how enemies are identified with a red line, and the aircraft type written below that line. Some enemies will have an additional line written in kana above that line, indicating that they're special. Havamal aircraft are typically painted black, and identified as ハヴァマル。

Regarding the Daoren hunters guild quest that becomes available at 2-2

バンデットの巣Bandit Nest

Recover 4 materials from Fovos Base.

Just what the neck are the "4 materials"?

Went into Favos Base, killed everything, collected everything inside, went straight back to Daoren, but quest not completed.

Graham

If I remember correctly the items are all in four chests in the first part of the area.

Regarding the Daoren hunters guild quest that becomes available at 2-2

バンデットの巣Bandit Nest

Recover 4 materials from Fovos Base.

Just what the neck are the "4 materials"?

Went into Favos Base, killed everything, collected everything inside, went straight back to Daoren, but quest not completed.

Graham

Help, stuck on story mission 2-3 for hours.

The guide says:

"Visit the Hunter Guild in Vrlitwhal City; defeat the enemy in Faros Base."

Done and done, but still not progressing. The in-game quest criteria, seems to show about about 5 criteria to fulfill (I think). One is white, the other 4 are greyed out. But no idea what I need to do.

Graham

There are no add-ons.

Help, stuck on story mission 2-3 for hours.

The guide says:

"Visit the Hunter Guild in Vrlitwhal City; defeat the enemy in Faros Base."

Done and done, but still not progressing. The in-game quest criteria, seems to show about about 5 criteria to fulfill (I think). One is white, the other 4 are greyed out. But no idea what I need to do.

Graham

Aside from the very last mission, all of the story missions have very clearly marked objectives. Just follow your map.

Is there add-ons for Macross 30 on the PSN store? If there is a VF-1S can you guys let me know?

The only DLC are apparently the bonus itasha version VF-1S, YF-29, VF-25 from the limited edition.

The generic VF-1S and the Skull Leader version are already in the game, you just need to unlock them.

Edited by hulagu

There are no add-ons.

Aside from the very last mission, all of the story missions have very clearly marked objectives. Just follow your map.

Hmm........will try again tonight, but I flew around for hours last night and couldn't see anything to do.

Graham

Hmm........will try again tonight, but I flew around for hours last night and couldn't see anything to do.

Graham

IIRC, the mission structure is like so:

1. Go to Hunter's Guild in Vrlitwhal City (dialog scene).

2. Go to Faros Base (dialog scene).

3. Defeat the enemies outside Faros base

4. Go inside Faros Base & clear the dungeon (dialog scene)

5. Return to Gefion (dialog scene)

The only DLC are apparently the bonus itasha version VF-1S, YF-29, VF-25 from the limited edition.

The generic VF-1S and the Skull Leader version are already in the game, you just need to unlock them.

I'm not so fond of the itasha Valks. If anyone is interested in the codes, PM me.

IIRC, the mission structure is like so:

1. Go to Hunter's Guild in Vrlitwhal City (dialog scene).

2. Go to Faros Base (dialog scene).

3. Defeat the enemies outside Faros base

4. Go inside Faros Base & clear the dungeon (dialog scene)

5. Return to Gefion (dialog scene)

Stupid me, figured out the problem. I was mixing up Fovos base with Faros base......... haha!

Feel like such an idiot.

Graham

Are the unmarked numbered stone tablets found lying around (on top of ruin pillars, etc.) required for some later quests, or are they just secret collectibles?

Collectibles. It's all in kanji so I can't read what the slates each say.

I'm doing the one quest in the arctic to destroy a HAVAMAL squadron but I can't seem to find them...

Collectibles. It's all in kanji so I can't read what the slates each say.

I'm doing the one quest in the arctic to destroy a HAVAMAL squadron but I can't seem to find them...

I've had the same Havamal annihilation quest in my queue for a while now, can't figure out who/where they are.

Quick question. Just on the first mission in the Desert. If I want to get back to the Archipelago how do I do so?Is it possible to switch between maps at any time?Graham

Yes. There's a 'Change fields' menu option available from the bridge.

This may be a silly question, but do the "mushroom" items provide permanent stat boosts? Also, they seem to apply to all of the currently deployed pilots and their singers, is that correct? I only used one to test it out, so I have a massive stockpile of the things waiting for my favorite characters to appear, but wanted to check in case it's wasted effort.

It's also recommended as periodically new quests still turn up at the Archipelago Guilds during the Desert arc. Also one of the Desert Delivery quests require a trip back to Vrlitwhai City.

'

Yeah, I'm quite OCD about Hunter's Guild quests, I have to complete them as soon as they show up. Explains why I'm at 32 hours play time, but only on story mission 4-2 (I think), as I spend most of my time doing Hunter's Guild quests and flying around wasting bandits :p

Also, Zoroastres guide is invaluable, as it lists where and when quests become available.

Graham

I've just been selling stuff constantly in preparation for the massive amount of money I'll need in NG+, so I haven't really been playing with them much, but I'm 99.99% certain mushroom stat bonuses are temporary. They'll vanish the moment you return to Gefion.

Yeah, I'm quite OCD about Hunter's Guild quests, I have to complete them as soon as they show up. Explains why I'm at 32 hours play time, but only on story mission 4-2 (I think), as I spend most of my time doing Hunter's Guild quests and flying around wasting bandits :p Also, Zoroastres guide is invaluable, as it lists where and when quests become available. Graham

That's exactly how I'm playing. I had to reformat my HDD, and lost my original save, and when I started a new game I told myself, "just rush through it this time." But nope.

I've just been selling stuff constantly in preparation for the massive amount of money I'll need in NG+, so I haven't really been playing with them much, but I'm 99.99% certain mushroom stat bonuses are temporary. They'll vanish the moment you return to Gefion.

Do you think that applies to the mushrooms that boost your level as well?